1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Is this Louis Vuitton t-shirt working for me?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jjosephs, Feb 19, 2011.

1. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

Next time, cover your face when posting in a place like this.

He did escape the usual profiling on SF...

2. medtech_expat

medtech_expat Well-Known Member

Next time, cover your face when posting in a place like this.

He did escape the usual profiling on SF...

+1

Of course, fit pics aren't SF appropriate unless taken in front of a bathroom mirror...

3. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Well-Known Member

Currently, I live in the third world country. Over here, when I see people wearing clothes and accessories which has the slogan of the brand name all over their wardrobe, I immediately think that they are fakes simply because a lot of the brands that I see today, mostly high end, tend me to more conservative. I would use Zegna as an example.
    His shirt is a $5 fake piece of shit. Is this the new SF? Someone proudly posts a godawful knockoff and 80% of respondents have absolutely no idea? It's still entirely possible OP is a troll, but all these business-as-usual responses ("a little too baggy") are making me think I'm in some kind of crazy collaborative online test of my own sanity.

4. Metlin

Metlin Well-Known Member

Dude, take it easy. Seriously.

5. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Well-Known Member

I'm not pounding my keyboard in rage [​IMG] but honestly I am irked that half this forum could look at those pictures and then calmly point him to SW&D. If you're not going to say anything constructive ("maybe buy something you can afford because it fits you") or brutally critical ("good god your person as photographed constitutes an insult to refined sensibilities"), there is no legitimate response to this thread except Alfamale's:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. acridsheep

acridsheep Well-Known Member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members
    I'm not pounding my keyboard in rage [​IMG] but honestly I am irked that half this forum could look at those pictures and then calmly point him to SW&D.

If you're not going to say anything constructive ("maybe buy something you can afford because it fits you") or brutally critical ("good god your person as photographed constitutes an insult to refined sensibilities"), there is no legitimate response to this thread except Alfamale's:

Pointing him to SW&D is constructive. To wit, one of the only constructive options.

Side note: Style is not just clothing, it's attitude too. A penchant for cruelty will undermine anything you wear.

7. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Well-Known Member

Pointing him to SW&D is constructive. To wit, one of the only constructive options.

Side note: Style is not just clothing, it's attitude too. A penchant for cruelty will undermine anything you wear.

+1 Especially when its a young guy trying to get some advice. You guys wouldn't clown on someone who walked up to you on the street and asked you for advice would you?

This thread should have been short: OP asks a Q, two or three people say "it fits ok. You should go to SW&D" or "you should lurk for a while to learn."

Just my two cents

8. gio3969

gio3969 Well-Known Member

+1 Especially when its a young guy trying to get some advice. You guys wouldn't clown on someone who walked up to you on the street and asked you for advice would you?

This thread should have been short: OP asks a Q, two or three people say "it fits ok. You should go to SW&D" or "you should lurk for a while to learn."

Just my two cents

I wouldn't clown on someone who walked up to me on the street and asked for advice? First off, WTF does clown mean? Second, if a stranger asked me for advice on the street I would tell them to Go F themself. This kid deserves no less venom than HermesMan. If he had taken the time to do some research here on the site and looked at the other threads, this would have been avoided.
    Lastly, villians often have the best clothing/costumes so a bad attitude doesn't effect appearance IMO.

9. pvrhye

pvrhye Well-Known Member

I wouldn't clown on someone who walked up to me on the street and asked for advice? First off, WTF does clown mean? Second, if a stranger asked me for advice on the street I would tell them to Go F themself. This kid deserves no less venom than HermesMan. If he had taken the time to do some research here on the site and looked at the other threads, this would have been avoided.
    Lastly, villians often have the best clothing/costumes so a bad attitude doesn't effect appearance IMO.

I think Hermesman is operating on a much different scale. This dude just showed up with one awful t-shirt.

10. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

You're spot on...

Being a supposed Igent means being a Gent in the first place...

You can have a laugh at somebody wearing a decent combo but in that case , I don't see the point.

11. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

I think Hermesman is operating on a much different scale. This dude just showed up with one awful t-shirt.

Hermesman is a diiferent kettle of fish...

He is selling his lifestyle and brand obsession ...

This guy is just asking for advice...

12. UrbanAesthetics

UrbanAesthetics Well-Known Member

Don't do it Bro. It screams " I'm wearing something expensive to try to prove something to everyone" kind of look. The shirt has too many designs as well. If your still confident in it, that shirt with a pair of dark denim and more color than just brown will do you justice....
    http://urbanaesthetics.tumblr.com/

13. gio3969

gio3969 Well-Known Member

Perhaps Hermesman is worse, however, as I previously posted, a bit of due dilligence goes a long way. I was a member here for months before I even considered posting anything. That should be the norm. One should know the audience before addressing it. The laziness is what I took issue with.

14. acridsheep

acridsheep Well-Known Member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members
    Perhaps Hermesman is worse, however, as I previously posted, a bit of due dilligence goes a long way. I was a member here for months before I even considered posting anything. That should be the norm. One should know the audience before addressing it. The laziness is what I took issue with.

[​IMG]

15. SuitMyself

SuitMyself Well-Known Member

That t-shirt is one fugly motherfudger. FUGLY!!

16. Son Of Saphir

Son Of Saphir Well-Known Member

I plan to wear this on the street, in class, and the occasional party. Do you think shirt is complimenting my short, slim frame? I'll be wearing them with straight leg dark blue jeans dark blue jeans.

[​IMG]

Sew LV tag on back or front of shirt so people know it Louis Vuitton.
    Hot chick love that. [​IMG]