1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Is this Louis Vuitton t-shirt working for me?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jjosephs, Feb 19, 2011.

1. jjosephs

jjosephs Active Member

What's all this Hermes-man business about? I'm not getting it...

2. Mudhiker

Mudhiker Well-Known Member

Read more threads. Post less.

3. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

Do you think shirt is complimenting my short, slim frame?
    No, doesn't complement it at all.

4. noxlord

noxlord Active Member

I plan to wear this on the street, in class, and the occasional party. Do you think shirt is complimenting my short, slim frame? I'll be wearing them with straight leg dark blue jeans dark blue jeans.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Did you cut your moustache to match the t-shirt design ??[​IMG] well played !!

5. cbbuff

cbbuff Well-Known Member

Speaking for the group, I think we all answered "no" before actually clicking on the link.

To the OP:

You are young and seem to mean well, so lose this t-shirt. You should dress for two reasons: 1. for yourself. 2. to impress hot chicks. This does not qualify.

Read here for a while and you will find a few things that will give you better ideas. Better yet, head on over to the Street Wear forum and get some ideas there, too.

6. intent

intent Well-Known Member

7. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Well-Known Member

Speaking for the group, I think we all answered "no" before actually clicking on the link. You are young and seem to mean well, so lose this t-shirt. You should dress for two reasons: 1. for yourself. 2. to impress hot chicks. This does not qualify.
    LV makes plenty of nice plain tees for the people who don't mind spending $200-400 on cotton short-sleeve items. The ones with all-over monograms and/or "LOUIS VUITTON" in 5 places are never the real deal. (This rule does not apply to outerwear or accessories, sadly.)

8. Metlin

Metlin Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF, jjosephs. Unfortunately, the folks on this forum will not be particularly receptive to the style that you are seeking to project with that t-shirt. Folks on this forum prefer talking about suits, ties, dress shoes, and custom tailoring. Hence the slew of offhanded remarks. As others have suggested, you could try the Streetwear & Denim section of this forum; however, I am unsure if you will have much better luck there, either. That said, I am not sure that t-shirt is particularly flattering. I am not a fan of the color, and the pattern. Its fit is reasonable, I suppose, given that it is a t-shirt. But there's not a whole lot I can say outside of that. However, if you are interested in improving your sense of classic style, you are more than welcome to stick around here. Once you get over the odd sense of humor (and snark), you will find that it is an enjoyable place with a lot to offer!

9. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

I added a new pic at the end? Any better?

Better...

Go to the Streetwear forum, they will be more able than us to give you advice on that particular style.

10. oaw01

oaw01 Well-Known Member

Of shirts are okay. You should get a ed Hardy with rhinestone that shot is hot ..

11. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

no, you are working for it

12. Unregistered

Unregistered Well-Known Member

13. pvrhye

pvrhye Well-Known Member

14. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF, jjosephs.

Unfortunately, the folks on this forum will not be particularly receptive to the style that you are seeking to project with that t-shirt. Folks on this forum prefer talking about suits, ties, dress shoes, and custom tailoring. Hence the slew of offhanded remarks.

As others have suggested, you could try the Streetwear & Denim section of this forum; however, I am unsure if you will have much better luck there, either.

That said, I am not sure that t-shirt is particularly flattering. I am not a fan of the color, and the pattern. Its fit is reasonable, I suppose, given that it is a t-shirt. But there's not a whole lot I can say outside of that.

However, if you are interested in improving your sense of classic style, you are more than welcome to stick around here. Once you get over the odd sense of humor (and snark), you will find that it is an enjoyable place with a lot to offer!

eloquence and classy [​IMG]

15. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Well-Known Member

eloquence and classy [​IMG]

Noun and adjective [​IMG]

16. ALFAMALE

ALFAMALE Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I plan to wear this on the street, in class, and the occasional party. Do you think shirt is complimenting my short, slim frame? I'll be wearing them with straight leg dark blue jeans dark blue jeans.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. GiltEdge

GiltEdge Well-Known Member

I try to stay away from large wording because they make my 5'4" 110 lbs frame look even smaller.

Sounds like Dressing The Man: Street Edition

18. allaboutshoes

allaboutshoes Well-Known Member

LV t-shirt? Wrong wrong wrong....

19. Kiwi Man

Kiwi Man Well-Known Member

LV t-shirt? Wrong wrong wrong....

I think the fit is okay, but it is not great. It is somewhat baggy, but it is still not that bad.

However, I don't know what part of the world you live. Currently, I live in the third world country. Over here, when I see people wearing clothes and accessories which has the slogan of the brand name all over their wardrobe, I immediately think that they are fakes simply because a lot of the brands that I see today, mostly high end, tend me to more conservative. I would use Zegna as an example.

20. 89826

89826 Well-Known Member

Next time, cover your face when posting in a place like this.