1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

is this brioni shirt fake?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by laughwithm3, Apr 30, 2009.

1. laughwithm3

laughwithm3 Well-Known Member

2. Nexus6

Nexus6 Well-Known Member

The Brioni tag seems sewed on crooked.
    The shirt pattern is a nightmare. It is guaranteed to upset at least a dozen people no matter where you go in it.
    I cannot imagine Brioni even producing something like this.
    Looks like the tag was taken from an original (possibly ruined and bought at a thrift store),
    and slapped onto this monstrosity.

I could believe Brioni doing a wild tie, but not a shirt like this.
    Can someone show evidence otherwise?
    This is my opinion.
    Lets see what the others say.

3. Johnathan

Johnathan Well-Known Member

4. emmanuel

emmanuel Well-Known Member

Before people start posting hatred for the shirt I would like to say it could be nice if you throw a jacket or sweater over it to break up the pattern.

5. pandamonium

pandamonium Well-Known Member

This shirt gave me motion sickness.

6. pejsek

pejsek Well-Known Member

I'd say it's real and completely in character for Brioni sportswear. And I don't mean that as a put-down.

7. Rolo

Rolo Well-Known Member

8. Nexus6

Nexus6 Well-Known Member

Just to clarify, I have a deep respect for the Brioni name & quality. I am happy to be mistaken as to its authenticity. For future reference, I do not use the word 'hate' That is for young people with little imagination and /or articulative skills Perhaps also I have watched the last 2 James Bond films too many times and was taken back to see such a pattern on a Brioni. To my eyes (which are still healing from seeing the link above) it is something I personally wouldn't be caught dead in. The physical label on the shirt appeared authentic, and I did 'Google' on it before my initial response to the OP's inquiry. My compliments to anyone who would enjoy such a shirt. If it's your thing, enjoy, ofcourse. To me, it screams for attention, and I have too much self-respect to wear that look. No offence to anyone was intended, and none should be taken. Rolo, Thank you for that Neiman-Marcus link. I just learned something, thanks [​IMG] I was unaware of those patterns. Perhaps I am too conservative in my own tastes? Peace. [​IMG]