1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Is this a fake Armani Le Collezioni suit?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Sam_TO, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Sam_TO

Sam_TO New Member

Need some help here. I found this 4 button GA Le Collezioni suit on Ebay. I don't think it's real but I wanted some of you to offer your advice. First off, I am not even sure that the Le Collezioni line ever made 4 button suits. I think that Emporio had them but not LC. Anyone able to verify this for sure? Also, the photo of the label appears to be a fake. My LC suits have a square label not a rectangular label like this one.

I've asked the seller to provide a photo of the material contents label b/c I could at least figure out the style number of the suit and/or see if I recognize this label as being legit. I've also asked for a photo of any house branded labels that might be in the jacket - if the suit was bought at a major dept store there should be another label in it (like "Saks" etc).

Any thoughts? See the link attached.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

2. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Well-Known Member

Looks good to me- the authenticity, that is

3. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

All the GA Le Collezione coats that I have sport the same label. I had never seen a four-button model, though. Seems authentic, although I'd feel better seeing the store label and content tag.

4. Dan-

Dan- Well-Known Member

Please, for your own sartorial sake, read a bit more here and maybe check out a few of Flusser's books before you buy something awful like this. Armani is the Bose of clothes.

5. v0rtex

v0rtex Well-Known Member

Looks authentic to me, I believe that label is used on older Le Collezioni's (the newer ones being square).

I posted a similar thread some time ago (with pictures), you could probably find it using the search.

4-button suit jackets though, hmm... personally I wouldn't do it.

6. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

Personally I don't see anything wrong with this suit as long as it's not worn for business.

7. Zubberah

Zubberah Well-Known Member

Def looks authentic to me and label is older pre 2001 before armani Collezione became new label. As to 4-button, not traditional buisness wear but you can probably get away ith it for this suit. Or wear it casual fridays with polo or nice shirt / no tie.