1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Is Kiwi Parade Gloss bad for shoes?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by merkur, Jun 9, 2008.

1. add911_11

add911_11 Well-Known Member

I also uses Kiwi parade gloss for my light tan Edward Green Dover. I don't see any bad results (after 6 months). However, Some shoe cream occasionally will help the leather to stay, as for any high quality polish.

2. BenElliott

BenElliott New Member

Taken directly from the "Kiwi" web site...

KIWI Parade Gloss gives shoes and brilliant, durable shine. That's because its superior multi-wax blend contains premium wax and more carnauba wax than regular paste polishes. The result - a brighter, longer lasting shine that's water repellent. Covers scuffs and leaves a mirror finish in minimal time.

No mention of Silicone just waxes. I've used it for years. I try to take pride in my shoes. I too have had many compliments about my appearance due to the look of my shoes. As to life being too short, I clean my shoes as well as my wife's in 30 minutes every Sunday morning. Job done.

3. sebflynn

sebflynn Well-Known Member

Resurrection is my hobby.
    There are two versions of parade gloss normal and prestige, prestige has no silicon normal does.

4. GrandmasterN

GrandmasterN New Member

Being from the Royal Danish Lifeguards, we use kiwi on all parade leather gear. Boots, sword sheath and ammunition bag. The gear except for the boots are often more than a decade old and Kiwi parade gloss is the only thing used to polish and care for the leather. It protects and cares for the gear perfectly, as well as keep it a pitch black color. I use it on all my business shoes and they are all more that 5 years old. Its not at all damaging or hurting the leather at all.

I recommend using it!

1 person likes this.