1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Is it only me or is finding suit pants really hard?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by laughtr, Jan 13, 2013.

1. laughtr

laughtr Active Member

I can never find the size that fits me, at any store. Well I exaggerated to much but, I'm only 18 years old an I'm pretty short. I can find the waste size to be perfect but the length is so long. I would like to find skinny suit pants or slim fit suit pants. But you see how they are designed is different, if you hem to make the length shorter the width of its skinnest get wider and becoming more straight fit. You guys know what I mean? I don't know maybe I should just find a tailor. Are you guys finding this problem too?

2. msulinski

msulinski Well-Known Member

What are your waist and inseam measurements? You can have a tailor slim the pant leg. Also make sure you are wearing the pants properly. Most suit pants are designed to sit higher than jeans. Many young people often wear their suit pants too low. This higher rise may seem odd at first, but it is designed to make the wearer look taller.