1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Is it ever ok for men to tuck pants in boots?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rayalexsmith, Jan 27, 2011.

1. sportin_life

sportin_life Well-Known Member

[​IMG] I like the look with concurrently tucking your shirt into your underwear

2. RogerC

RogerC Well-Known Member

What the hell does that look like?[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Totally not what I was expecting, but I'd fuck a baby into it.

4. RogerC

RogerC Well-Known Member

5. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Well-Known Member

I tuck my pants into my sorels...why the hell wouldn't you?

I do not tuck my pants into boots that are made to remain on your feet once you arrive at your destination.

That's a good delineation of when to tuck and when not to tuck. I always tuck into my Caribous when I am sloshing around outside.

6. Johnny24

Johnny24 Well-Known Member

Obviously somebody responding who isn't in NYC today. I currently have my suit pants tucked in Hunter's because I had to walk a mile in a foot of snow.

We got rocked in my state as well, knee high snow Wed and it is still everywhere today. You better believe I wore my pants tucked into my shit kicking steel toed Wellingtons before I changed into my saddle bucks for my afternoon in the office and I switched back into them when I went to brave the grocery store. I ordered a bright red pair of Hunters from Gilt the other day, I am looking forward to them arriving as they are a bit more stylish than the steel toe jobs (but less functional when kicking ice build up around your tires).

I tuck my pants into my sorels...why the hell wouldn't you?

I do not tuck my pants into boots that are made to remain on your feet once you arrive at your destination.

I think a tuck into Sorels and Bean boots is fine for when you are outside and it serves a purpose plus how in the hell can anyone expect to get a tailored pant over a pair of Sorel Caribou boots or a pair of Hunters? They are meant to keep you tucked in and dry from a design point.

1 person likes this.
  7. Mert Topel

Mert Topel New Member

[​IMG]As long as you like it, you should do it. You are not supposed to please any fashion police around. Over the knee and knee high boots are a part of my daily attire..

1 person likes this.
  8. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Why isn't @Piobaire monitoring this thread?

This is definitely relevant to his interests.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016