• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Irish Whiskey

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Do the Catholics and Protestants have different brands they favor?

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
The Irish whiskeys are also blends, not single malts. If you want single-malt scotch, drink single-malt scotch.
Most of them are blends, but several like Knappogue, Connemara, and a few others are single distillery Irish whiskys. ~ Huntsman

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am fairly sure that Clontarf and Tyrconnell are also single malt whiskies.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Yep! The names escaped me (even though, I know, they were already mentioned).

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Most of them are blends, but several like Knappogue, Connemara, and a few others are single distillery Irish whiskys. ~ Huntsman
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Thanks those have now made my list. As for the "super peat", that i mentioned. That was just to indicate range. The 10 & 25 Ardberg i have gets drunk far less than Highland Park, Mcallan & Springbank ...

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by speedster.8
Would like recomendations along the lines [. . .] AdbReg.

Originally Posted by Huntsman
[. . .] and heavens, ArdbeRg,

It's Ardbeg (no "r"), and no, there just simply can't be an Irish like it. Huntsman's incredulity is merited!

Irish whiskys
I'm in super-nitpicking mode now! If the beverege is Irish or American*, it's spelled "whiskey." If it's Scottish or Canadian, it's spelled "whisky."

*There are, as far as I know, two exceptions to this. One is Maker's Mark; I don't recall the other and am too lazy to go downstairs and comb through my Micael Jackson books to find it.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire

Bushmills is in the north, and Midleton in the south. Other than that, I cannot see any connection. If such prejudices exist, they did not survive the trip across the Atlantic if my family's experience is any indication.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
It's Ardbeg (no "r"), and no, there just simply can't be an Irish like it. Huntsman's incredulity is merited!
Thanks. I have been slipping and need watching after. ~ Huntsman

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've taken quite a liking to Michael Collins 10 Year. My absolute favorite is Green Spot, but I can't justify the shipping cost.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can't recall the exact name, but was with a friend at the Harp and Celt in downtown Orlando early on New Year's eve and we tried some "[cant recall the first part] Mor". Boy was it fiery. I mean like a kick in the balls. Great flavor, but enough firepower to rock you.

Gotta get it again when we go back :)

Reaction score
Awwwright.....

Do yourself a LARGE favor and save some bucks B/C

when you spring for Jameson 18yr > you'll be blown away, away, away, away.....

I read @ it on a whiskey flyer written by a major leaguer Mick-Juicer and he was right on!

The stuff goes down like the finest pure-spun golden silk to leave you pleasantly filled with

niceness, niceness, buzz buzz buzz.......

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Catholics prefer Jameson, Busmill was the Protestant whiskey. However, now a Protestant family owns Jameson and Catholic family Bushmill. so take that fwiw.

raneym305

Reaction score
I appreciate a good expensive whiskey as much as any guy, but when it comes to my standard drink, I go for Tullamore Dew 12 year.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads