1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

iPhone OS 3.0

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by embowafa, Mar 17, 2009.

1. briancl

briancl Well-Known Member

To my knowledge, the only difference in hardware is the 3G antenna and GPS.

Come to think of it, original iPhones that are hacked/jailbroken are able to send MMS with no problem, so it can't be the hardware.

Apple claimed that the radio is different in 2G iPhones and could not support MMS using the iPhone 3.0 software. Who knows...

2. ibleedwhite

ibleedwhite Well-Known Member

If only had the iphone had atleast a small slideout keyboard, i'd be all over it.

3. Roikins

Roikins Well-Known Member

Apple claimed that the radio is different in 2G iPhones and could not support MMS using the iPhone 3.0 software. Who knows...

Apple makes lots of claims that aren't exactly true. [​IMG]

4. suited

suited Well-Known Member

I had an iphone since it came out and recently switched to a Blackberry, it was the best decision I've ever made. Forget all the features the iphone lacks, if I never have to step foot in another Apple store again in my life it will be a great success.

5. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Well-Known Member

I had an iphone since it came out and recently switched to a Blackberry, it was the best decision I've ever made. Forget all the features the iphone lacks, if I never have to step foot in another Apple store again in my life it will be a great success.

like wut

6. briancl

briancl Well-Known Member

Nothing forces an iPhone owner into Apple stores. They are sold at Best Buy, Walmart, and AT&T stores. I own a Blackberry from Verizon, and I've never once set foot in a Verizon store.

7. EdenResident

EdenResident Well-Known Member

I have an iPhone and the only times I set foot in an Apple store is to laugh at the geeks there.

8. suited

suited Well-Known Member

Nothing forces an iPhone owner into Apple stores. They are sold at Best Buy, Walmart, and AT&T stores. I own a Blackberry from Verizon, and I've never once set foot in a Verizon store.

For certain tech issues, you MUST go to an Apple store. Actually, for most tech issues, not some.

9. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Well-Known Member

For certain tech issues, you MUST go to an Apple store. Actually, for most tech issues, not some.

If you don't want to void the warranty, I think all tech issues actually.

10. suited

suited Well-Known Member

If you don't want to void the warranty, I think all tech issues actually.

Speaking of the warranty, most people aren't aware of this but as soon as the year warranty expires on your original phone, each and every iphone you own after that will only have a 90-day warranty.

So, if you have a phone that breaks after 11 months and they replace it, once you hit the 12 month mark, that new replacement phone- and every single phone after that, will only have a 90-day warranty.

11. embowafa

embowafa Well-Known Member

Speaking of the warranty, most people aren't aware of this but as soon as the year warranty expires on your original phone, each and every iphone you own after that will only have a 90-day warranty.

So, if you have a phone that breaks after 11 months and they replace it, once you hit the 12 month mark, that new replacement phone- and every single phone after that, will only have a 90-day warranty.

FWIW, I had a 1st gen iPhone and a portion of the touchscreen went dead (it would not respond to any touch inputs). I took it in to the Apple store and although I was well past my 1 year warranty expiration, they were happy to give me a brand new 1st gen iPhone free of charge. I thought it was pretty cool.

12. suited

suited Well-Known Member

FWIW, I had a 1st gen iPhone and a portion of the touchscreen went dead (it would not respond to any touch inputs). I took it in to the Apple store and although I was well past my 1 year warranty expiration, they were happy to give me a brand new 1st gen iPhone free of charge. I thought it was pretty cool.

Just FYI, it's company policy that they do this exact same thing for every single customer. Ask them, they will gladly tell you. It's to cover up how shitty the warranty actually is...

The replacement phone you got for free has a 90 day warranty, in case you are unaware of that.

13. embowafa

Just FYI, it's company policy that they do this exact same thing for every single customer. Ask them, they will gladly tell you. It's to cover up how shitty the warranty actually is...

The replacement phone you got for free has a 90 day warranty, in case you are unaware of that.

They made it quite clear. Not sure how they're getting one over on me, when they didn't even have to give me a new phone to begin with. [​IMG]

14. suited

suited Well-Known Member

They made it quite clear. Not sure how they're getting one over on me, when they didn't even have to give me a new phone to begin with. [​IMG]

I don't think you understand. They did have to give you a new phone. It's company policy that they are required to replace your iphone ONE time when it's out of warranty.

From that point on, they will never replace the phone for free when it's out of warranty. In the future if it breaks and it's out of warranty, which is almost a guarantee considering your new phone (and all future phones) only have with a 90 day warranty, you'll have to pay full price.

15. justtemple

justtemple Well-Known Member

I just came back from the Apple Store to have my 1st gen iPhone replaced and they weren't having it. They were dead set on selling me a refurb for $200. I am going to check out the other Apple Stores in my area this weekend.

Is there anything i should specifically ask them to get my replacement phone?

16. embowafa

I don't think you understand. They did have to give you a new phone. It's company policy that they are required to replace your iphone ONE time when it's out of warranty.

From that point on, they will never replace the phone for free when it's out of warranty. In the future if it breaks and it's out of warranty, which is almost a guarantee considering your new phone (and all future phones) only have with a 90 day warranty, you'll have to pay full price.

Oops!

I just came back from the Apple Store to have my 1st gen iPhone replaced and they weren't having it. They were dead set on selling me a refurb for $200. I am going to check out the other Apple Stores in my area this weekend.

17. justtemple

justtemple Well-Known Member

hahaha, yeah...

ooops.

18. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

this is awesome. they have upgraded the iphone to do all the things i've been doing for 9 months with my jail-broken iphone.

19. ibleedwhite

ibleedwhite Well-Known Member

If only they had a slideout keyboard as an option. still cant trade in my Crackberry

20. suited

suited Well-Known Member

Don't buy a refurb. If this is the first time your phone needs replaced out of warranty, they will do it. I was told by more than a handful of people at Apple that it's a policy. If your phone has already been replaced, they aren't going to do it a second time.