1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

iPhone 5

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by mussel, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    I'd test it a few more days to make sure it's not just a fluke. If you keep having problems then maybe your battery is going bad. It can happen.

2. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

have you tried either a hard reset or a full restore?

3. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Well-Known Member

Yep. Both. Plus a cycle on the battery.

4. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

any changes in settings or apps?

5. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

6. CalTex

CalTex Well-Known Member

My laptops screen has been flickering and going black lately. I knew I should have bought the warranty. :(

Has anyone managed to get the upgrade to lion or whatever the new os is, for free through apple?

7. bdeuce22

It's poopooed.

Appointment tonight was for my standby button. Gonna raise this issue.

I've had it plugged in since 9am using it sparingly at my desk. Hasn't charged more than 5%. Started at 50% now at 55% after a few hours. Usually by now its near 100

8. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

yeah, its fubared

9. bdeuce22

Oh well. It'll be replaced tonight.

10. NaTionS

NaTionS Well-Known Member

What's a good pay as you go plan for the iphone 5? ATT's Go Phone? StraightTalk? Other?

11. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

I'm using T-Mobile. Other than the spotty service down here (due more to lack of towers than quality) its been perfectly fine so far.

12. bdeuce22

Swapped my phone. Whole process took 8 minutes. Painless.

13. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

Honestly, until Android can approximate something similar, I'm probably going to stick with iPhones all the way. Computers is one thing, we've all got SOME sort of backup. But phones - I'm not waiting 2-3 days to ship my fucking phone off and have a replacement sent to me. Companies really need to get with the program on this.

1 person likes this.
  14. MikeDT

MikeDT Well-Known Member

Think it's all depends on what's available where you are. If you've got a neighbourhood Apple Store, then you can just take it to the Genius Bar. On the other hand if there isn't, you'd have to post your iPhone off to Apple, which could take 2-3 days or more. If you buy an Android phone from a local dealer, they should be able to either replace it, or give you a loaner while yours in sent away. Not even all computers have backup, buy it online and something goes wrong with it, you've got to ship it back to the vendor.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  15. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

So a few weeks ago I switched over to iPhones from Androids and so far I've been pretty happy. The reason? I took a bunch of photos over the past few months with my Android and every once in a while individual ones disappeared, then over New Year's Eve I took several pictures and videos and they ALL disappeared from my phone. Fuck that shit.

So far I've been pretty happy, but especially with the speed. The text messaging is not as good as the Android, and I'm taking into consideration the learning curve.

16. NaTionS

NaTionS Well-Known Member

Yeah I think T-Mobile is pretty spotty where I am too. Looks like StraightTalk is the way to go here since they use ATT.

17. MikeDT

MikeDT Well-Known Member

What make, model and version of Android did it have? So I'll know to avoid it. Also a flaky SD-card can cause pictures to vanish.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  18. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

Oh goodness, I had SO many SD-card issues where my phone would end up deleting any and all saved data. Pathetic. Swapped out three MyTouches that way w/in two months. Never again.

Love my Iphone. Not the perfect phone, but it works when you want it to work.

19. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

This happened on one of my old macbook's. I had a warranty and they fixed it and it didn't cost me a dime. Apparently it needed a "logic board" and would have been expensive to fix without warranty.

20. dcg

dcg Well-Known Member

Logic board = motherboard, so yeah. Probably a situation where the graphic chip is soldered on, so they swap out the whole thing. I don't think Apple does replacements on components soldered to the logic/motherboard.