• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iPhone 5

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

1) I am quite certain this is bullshit, as I have lost music I paid for when I lost a phone that I had not backed up terribly recently. iTunes showed I had bought it, but I was SOL to download it again. Ever since, I have been paranoid to make sure I click "transfer purchases" or whatever, which does not apparently happen automatically when you sync.

2) I have backed up, but not to iCloud. I just don't remember how recently. Yes, I needed to back up to iCloud, I do realize that, but as we can see, when I tried, it did not work.

3) I have no ******* idea, I am not lookign forward to hauling my iMac in to the ******* apple store.

1. Not bullshit at all, Douglas. This used to be an issue (there were ways to not pay again, but it was a pain), but was fixed with iCloud. This is how you do it with iOS 6 when your phone is correctly signed into your master Apple/iTunes account:

a. Apps: Go to the App store on your iPhone or iPad. Click "updates" on the bottom right. Then click "Purchased" near the top. You will see a list of "all" and "not on this iPhone" at the top. It's fairly self explanatory here, but you have the ability to download all these apps again. It keeps track of the paid and free ones.

b. Music/TV/Movies: Go to ITunes on your iPhone or iPad. Click "more" on the bottom right. Then click "Purchased." You will see lists for music, movies and tv shows. Each of these will take you to screen that looks similar to the one noted above for apps and allows you to download the content again without paying for it. Keep in mind that this is for media bought through Apple's ecosystem.

2. Take my advice and visit an Apple store so they can look at it and help you get iCloud to work for your back ups.

3. It's a pain, I agree. My advice is centered around the fact that you could potentially kill two birds with one stone if you take the iMac too. Frame the issue as related to the ones with the phone.

Hope this all helps.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

well, i was specifically talking about syncing multiple phones, which is a monumental hassle in itunes ecosystem. obviously, android has its issues, but itunes is and will be a major hassle for people continuing down the road. like Douglas always says, once you're locked in, you're fucked.

Yes, these locked ecosystems are a pain. That's why I am trying to get more in the habit of buying media via Amazon. I certainly do this with e-books and audio books (Audible is owned by them now). That way, if I change platforms I won't loose anything. Problem is I already own a bunch of stuff via iTunes and feel locked in as it is. I'm on the verge of an Apple TV, just because of wanting to watch my stuff on my big screen. Of course, apps will always be locked to ecosystems and that won't change anytime soon.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

im with Jr. make an appointment, take everything in, throw it up on the counter, and tell em to fix it.

Look for this guy. He's there to help.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes, they fly him in for the special cases. Douglas-gate should qualify.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
OK, so my phone finally found me. It's got me in the right place.

I have to say, the 3d thing is a really cool effect. If they can get the actual underlying address info right, and get the glitches out, it does make for a pretty slick looking toy. I enjoyed doing flyovers of my house and office.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

1. Not bullshit at all, Douglas. This used to be an issue (there were ways to not pay again, but it was a pain), but was fixed with iCloud. This is how you do it with iOS 6 when your phone is correctly signed into your master Apple/iTunes account:
a. Apps: Go to the App store on your iPhone or iPad. Click "updates" on the bottom right. Then click "Purchased" near the top. You will see a list of "all" and "not on this iPhone" at the top. It's fairly self explanatory here, but you have the ability to download all these apps again. It keeps track of the paid and free ones.
b. Music/TV/Movies: Go to ITunes on your iPhone or iPad. Click "more" on the bottom right. Then click "Purchased." You will see lists for music, movies and tv shows. Each of these will take you to screen that looks similar to the one noted above for apps and allows you to download the content again without paying for it. Keep in mind that this is for media bought through Apple's ecosystem.
2. Take my advice and visit an Apple store so they can look at it and help you get iCloud to work for your back ups.
3. It's a pain, I agree. My advice is centered around the fact that you could potentially kill two birds with one stone if you take the iMac too. Frame the issue as related to the ones with the phone.
Hope this all helps.

Thanks, this is actually quite helpful. As I had suspected you might be when I brought my problems here. ;)

I'm much obliged.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
No problem. Do you prefer an electronic or paper invoice? :bigstar:

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Electronic. Send it to my iPhone.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I would but with the the troubles you are having i'm worried I may not get paid. ;)

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
iPhone 5 browser is acting up or it is the Wi-Fi in office. Pages cannot open

ugh

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Damn, look what appeared on my doorstep.

2012-10-05173005.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads