• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inverallan

iotan

Reaction score
Looks like there might be a good deal on ebay for a 3A in white/natural (I am not the seller)...http://www.ebay.com/itm/handknitted...UK_Womens_Vintage_Jumpers&hash=item27de6cf1b2. Listed in the women's section, but I do not see anything that precludes a guy from wearing it (at quick glance it looks like a normal 3A to me). The measurements appear to indicate it to be around a 38/40 but you may want to get additional measurements from the seller to be sure.

iotan

Reaction score
Exactly why I said one might want additional measurements (with instructions describing how to conduct the measurement). If not a typo, then perhaps the seller flipped the collar up and measured from top of collar down (not sure why one would but that seems like one explanation to me; yet, even then the measurement sounds off).

Last edited:

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks like there might be a good deal on ebay for a 3A in white/natural (I am not the seller)...http://www.ebay.com/itm/handknitted...UK_Womens_Vintage_Jumpers&hash=item27de6cf1b2. Listed in the women's section, but I do not see anything that precludes a guy from wearing it (at quick glance it looks like a normal 3A to me). The measurements appear to indicate it to be around a 38/40 but you may want to get additional measurements from the seller to be sure.

Dang, what a steal

Beav

Reaction score

Dang, what a steal

Yup, I got it. They accepted my best offer :D

I took the risk it would work out with the measurements, I bet just guessing by the pictures it'll be fine. For that price I had to take the chance.

iotan

Reaction score

Yup, I got it. They accepted my best offer :D

I took the risk it would work out with the measurements, I bet just guessing by the pictures it'll be fine. For that price I had to take the chance.

I am glad someone was able to take advantage of it. Out of curiosity...how much did they end up accepting?

Beav

Reaction score
I offered 32 quid, they came back with 35... and I accepted.

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, it is a women's sweater, and is identifiable as such from the way it buttons.

Beav

Reaction score

Well, it is a women's sweater, and is identifiable as such from the way it buttons.

Bah! Oh well, I had to gamble on it. And is it that it buttons up from the other side that's the difference between a mens and women's knit?

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here, I bought this one a while back, the way it buttons is supposed to be women but the collar and everything else is men's features. I think the one you bought is actually women's in term of details, not just the way it buttons. I hope u can make it work tho.

Last edited:

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Yeah, men's stuff always buttons left over right so you don't catch your folded-over shirt cuff on the shirt or jacket's placket while drawing your sword, which you wear on your left hip because of course you're right-handed, or at least that's how you sword-fight.

planetarium

Reaction score
In Japan, things will often button or zip on the left on men's clothes. If you like everything else about it, doesn't matter. Collar's definitely a bit smaller, but maybe it'll work for you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads