1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Inverallan

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by edubs01, Dec 18, 2009.

1. ManofKent

ManofKent Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Just went with a Gritstone off the ebay shop. Hoping a 44 fits okay (43" chest), my purple and multicolour from a few years back were 44s... This one is a more wearable colour :)

1 person likes this.
  2. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Well-Known Member

I found the fit of the sizes of the pair I just received were the same as the pair I currently own in that size.

3. ManofKent

Thanks for the reassurance :)

4. irbe

irbe Well-Known Member

Just got a 3A in natural from Inverallan in PURE NEW WOOL (LIGHTER WEIGHT). I have a 6a in 38 in the clerical grey (not sure what type of wool). The 3a much mroe light weight, probably close to SNS. Its a little loose, so I'm going to try to give it a hot hand wash. All its very well made

5. JChance

JChance Well-Known Member

6. ManofKent

7. tahonng

tahonng Well-Known Member

How much do these stretch? If I wore a size S in J Crew, would the 38 stretch out enough to wear comfortably? I read that sizing up was recommended.

8. iotan

iotan Well-Known Member

I would think so. I am a medium in J.Crew and can go 40 (probably a small bit short and tight at first but I think the fit is fine now) or 42 in Inverallan.

2 people like this.
  9. tahonng

tahonng Well-Known Member

So you got the 40?

1 person likes this.
  10. iotan

iotan Well-Known Member

Yes, I have a 40 in the 3a (lumber cardigan) and it fits fine. I would probably be fine going up to a 42 as well for a slouchier fit. So, I would guess that as a J. Crew small you would be fine in either a 38 or 40. If you are on the large side of a J. Crew small, then you might need to stretch the 38 a slight bit for it to fit well, but I doubt that would be a problem (based off of my own experience at least).

Note, that my experience only applies to their cardigans. I believe the crewneck sweaters are supposed to fit differently (I think a bit looser than the same size in a cardigan but I may be wrong).

2 people like this.
  11. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Well-Known Member

anybody know when online stores start stocking inverallan stuff for fall/winter?

12. dreamsburndown

dreamsburndown Active Member

J Crew sweaters fit me perfectly in size S, ditto for my Inverallan in size 38. I am 5'11" and quite thin though. Hope that helps.

2 people like this.
  13. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Well-Known Member

Anyone know where one could find a wool 1A? Looking for one to fit a 40" chest. Not too fitted. Preferably a darker color. It seems that its slim picking for inverallan at most retailers outside of japan. Not looking to spend $500+ on rakutan.

14. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

Inverallan's Ebay or wait a month or two for the winter restock.

15. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Well-Known Member

ebay has been a bit of a bust lately, with mostly cotton stuff being listed, but i'll keep an eye. And thanks for the info. I didn't know there was going to be a winter restock, as I thought most inverallan stuff was Japan bound.

Also, as an aside. Just picked up a 6A in heather grey that I might not want to keep. Its awesome, but a touch smaller than i'd hoped. Size 40. If anyone is interested, send me a PM.

16. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

Most of the retailers have been mentioned in here at some point.

End could be an option.

17. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Well-Known Member

The sizes are pretty limited but y!jp also has a slew of Inverallan pretty much year round.

18. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

So, I dislike END because of bad personal experiences, but I think that it's highly unfair for you to criticize them for not being willing to skirt the law.

19. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Well-Known Member

End now has its stock up; there's some japanese sources out there right now in colors not ordered by End if you google specifically what you're looking for.

20. Foxhound

Foxhound Well-Known Member

I'm a little bit out of the loop with Inverallan/Strathay. How does one make an order? Just after 1A creme aran knit.