1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Inverallan

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by edubs01, Dec 18, 2009.

1. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Well-Known Member

They had a few others, but honestly I didn't bother to look at them couldn't tell you color/size/model. I might be selling my crolly 6A that's a 44. Sounds like you need a 42 tho

2. tonio028

tonio028 Well-Known Member

^ It does seem like a 42 might work best for Cellini, might look too cropped at that height though.

I have a nee natural 3A in a 40 available if anyone is interested. Will be listed soon but feel free to PM.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  3. CelliniEVO

CelliniEVO Well-Known Member

What are your dimensions and how does the 44 fit?

I agree that I'm probably a 42 but really want to order a Navy one at a decent price and seems like the Inventory 44 or someone randomly wanting to sell one are my only options. Will I get hit with custom/duty fees shipping to the US? How easy is it to return something to them?

Thanks for the help guys!

4. inviscid

inviscid Well-Known Member

Most likely no. I wear a 36 suit and (5'10", 150) and the 38 is too small

5. irbe

irbe Well-Known Member

Hmm thanks. Was going to pull the trigger but on the fence on my sizing

6. dotcomzzz

6'1" 167lb. 42" chest. The 44 is a relaxed. Maybe I'll put up a fit pic if I get the chance if that helps. I also tend to oversize my knits because my feet are long.

You probably won't see duties to the US. Inventory also has a shop in New York so you may want to give them a ring. Mandon also stocks Inverallan.

Maybe look through the thread to get a sense for how the 6A fits. I suggest sizing up 1 from your normal chest size. Ribkin did a great job of sizing his. Your chest tells me you probably want to go with a 42, just bear in mind as tonio pointed out it may be a little cropped since you're tallish.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  7. CelliniEVO

CelliniEVO Well-Known Member

Thanks for that info man! really appreciate it. Would love to see a fitpic!

8. dotcomzzz

no problem happy to help. I'll see if I can get a pic up over the weekend

9. mojserkis

mojserkis Member

I am 5'8" and 130lbs with a 35" chest. I bought an Inverallan 6A in a 38 and it is a bit too big on me so I think it would fit you well. I dunno about the sizing of the 3A (lumber cardigan). My 6A is for sale in the marketplace if you are interested. Just tried it on once.

10. irbe

irbe Well-Known Member

Thanks, bu thad my heart set on the 3A. I don't have a blue cardi and thought it be a staple peice. Want to pull trigger on it, but the measurements on the site sort of throw me off.

11. Regg

Regg Well-Known Member

I'm about the same size as you and my 3A size 38 fits well. Probably not going to keep it though :/

12. JChance

JChance Well-Known Member

I'd do it if I was you. The price seems about right, if it doesnt work out, you can turn around and put it up on B&S, i bet it'd go quickly considering its a staple color and how rare Inverallan is these days.

13. irbe

irbe Well-Known Member

ha, too late somebody bought the 38. yeah the price was really good.

14. pasteurisation

pasteurisation Well-Known Member

I'm a 38 or a 40 and I was checking the same sweater at Inventory too. Now I feel kinda good because the 38 might be too small on me.

15. tonio028

tonio028 Well-Known Member

I'm late in posting up these fit pics and sizing reference, but here you go. Size 40 3A lumber cardigan in natural (feel free to check sig for more info):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm 5'8", about 150 lbs with a 38" chest measurement and the pics above are of the size 40. I tried not to make the sizing equation too difficult here guys, went one size up from actual chest measurement and that's the fit I went with, which I think is good.

1 person likes this.
  16. irbe

irbe Well-Known Member

Looks good.

17. iotan

iotan Well-Known Member

Looks like there might be a good deal on ebay for a 3A in white/natural (I am not the seller)...http://www.ebay.com/itm/handknitted...UK_Womens_Vintage_Jumpers&hash=item27de6cf1b2. Listed in the women's section, but I do not see anything that precludes a guy from wearing it (at quick glance it looks like a normal 3A to me). The measurements appear to indicate it to be around a 38/40 but you may want to get additional measurements from the seller to be sure.

18. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Well-Known Member

36" long? gotta be a typo

19. iotan

iotan Well-Known Member

Exactly why I said one might want additional measurements (with instructions describing how to conduct the measurement). If not a typo, then perhaps the seller flipped the collar up and measured from top of collar down (not sure why one would but that seems like one explanation to me; yet, even then the measurement sounds off).

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  20. JChance

JChance Well-Known Member

Dang, what a steal