1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Inverallan 3A Cardigan Group Order (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by zissou, Jan 21, 2011.

1. gastarbeider

gastarbeider Well-Known Member

point missed.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  2. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

Ihahah. The grannies did get paid, you know ;)

I'm going to send a card to the shop I worked with, because they've been so kind to handle this order for us. Sure, the order brought a hefty chunk of income to the shop, but it was awfully nice of them to manage it. I think the order was probably ten times what they were initially expecting from me, to be honest!

I'd love to thank the grannies as well. I have Inverallan's mailing address, so I'll be sure to send them a card, too. If you guys can post or PM me the name of the grannie who knitted your cardi, I'll be sure to put their names on the card.

P.s.- I appreciate the sentiment, gastarbeider. I'm just trying to spread some holiday cheer via baller knits.

3. Tarmac

Tarmac Well-Known Member

Well, volunteering someone else to send a card for you is not exactly ultra generous.

4. kgmessier

kgmessier Well-Known Member

Bonus points for use of "holiday cheer" and "baller" in the same sentence. [​IMG]

5. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

zissou, you really think I'd be a 44? my chest is is like ~39.8", so I figured 21" p2p would be good.

6. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

It's not just the chest, though. Aren't you usually a size larger than me? If so, I think you'd need a 44 for the arm and shoulder length as well.

:fistbump:

7. poly800rock

poly800rock Well-Known Member

got mine today, man these arms are thin. and i dont even consider my arms to be thin. fit is good, it's a bit tighter than I thought, but hoping it will stretch a bit

8. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Well-Known Member

I do like it for the fact that I can wear it under a jacket. It is still a small cardigan. My ex gf would have loved it if I were to give it to her as a gift but I'm not going to. :)

Zissou, the 6A that you sold me is super thick and much heavier than the 3A. I can only wear it with a vest. I'm ready for another group order! :D

[​IMG]

9. poly800rock

poly800rock Well-Known Member

i'm ready for another group order as well.

10. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

Guys! Inverallan doesn't take orders until the spring. I need at least a little break :)

11. burningbright

burningbright Well-Known Member

It's literally just sending a thank you/season's greetings card, not volunteering somebody for a week's worth of soup kitchen duty. I'll be happy to arrange it if Zissou wants me to. I just didn't want to steal his thunder since he headed this up (and did a great job of it too).

Yeah, Zis is right they got paid, but I just thought that a simple card would go a long way to show that they have a dedicated customer base who still cares about what they do. I'm not saying it's going to give SF super secret made-to-order privileges or anything like that, just a note of gratitude to them, because it seems like something older ladies value.

I'm seriously not trying to ruffle feathers here, just spread some good cheer.

:hide:

12. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

that's true.

welp, if anyone wants to get a 44! (or if you want to get of your oversized 40..)

13. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

bb's card idea is a good one. I'll tell them how much we like the knits, and then add "p.s.- can we get Donegal tweeds next year?"

14. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Well-Known Member

yes to donegal! I want those tweed flecks!

15. Tarmac

Tarmac Well-Known Member

Only one thing would make me kop another 6 lb sweater, and donegal is it

16. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Well-Known Member

zissou... is a 44 too small for me? I have a 46" chest and usually need 19-20" for shoulders. Last one available at Inventory is a 44 (looks to be a 45" chest measurement, but I am thinking it'll stretch/give?)

17. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

I'm definitely in for the next one, even if Dogenal is not available. I just want one of these bad boys in my rotation.

18. luigi22

luigi22 Member

much thanks to zissou for setting this up, most kind of him to take the time and effort.

got mine yesterday, extremely happy, wish i ordered more while i had the chance. if anyone's unhappy with their size 40, let me know, i'll take it.

19. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

You're quite welcome, luigi! Did yours fit well?

Moo- my general rule of thumb is to go up one size from actual chest measurement, but I can't say if it applies to every knit. One that measures 45" on the outside likely fits like ~43" on the inside since it's so thick.

20. burningbright

burningbright Well-Known Member

I've got the exact one you're looking at (the XL one). I'm a 44 chest and there really isn't much stretch to be had, IMO (at least not without looking dopey). You may just be better off waiting until Spring to do a special order...especially if they'll do Donegal.

EDIT: Zissou beat me to it.