1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Inverallan 3A Cardigan Group Order (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by zissou, Jan 21, 2011.

1. bakatora

bakatora Well-Known Member

My tracking finally updated after two weeks. It went from "Origin Post Preparing Shipment" straight to "Arrival at Unit" at my home zip. lol

Hopefully I'll be unwrapping my cardigans later today. :slayer:

2. somatoform

somatoform Well-Known Member

Agreed, My clerical is nice subdued brown-ish. Stunning color, I love it.

I would jump at another opportunity for a navy 3A or a 6A. No regrets. I would only hope that they would allow for one more measurement in addition to chest: length. That would be perfect.

As for sizing, both my cardis measure exactly in the chest what they were requested to be. I'm actually suprised at how precise they were in knitting them to requested chest measurements. No issues with sleeves at all either.

3. eternaldrake

eternaldrake Well-Known Member

ok finally picked mine up from the post office:

face blurred cause i just woke up and didnt shave and look like SHIT

im 5'9, 145 lb, ordered a 38 in charcoal

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

also the camera on my phone sorta sucks ass sorry

the color is more like a really dark navy than a charcoal, sorta kinda not really disappointed by that, still feels really nice and is thick as hell.

good stuff thanks again zissou

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  4. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

thanks zissou got mine ... love it!

post pics after my exams :(

5. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

if anyone wants to unload a 42, hit me up

6. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it!

Maybe I need to take more photos, but I would definitely not say my 1A is anything near tight. It's a roomy fit without being too big. Anything larger looks awkward on my lanky frame.

Your best bet for looking for photos of rare colors is Japanese websites. Even there, though, it's mostly standard colors.

I don't think folks sized down, really. Many ordered TTS, which is risky considering how thick they are. I usually order TTS on all other knits, and it turns out perfect.

That's an excellent fit, mellow. That's just it- my 3A is slim and I think I can fit it under a jacket. But, my roomier 1A probably won't fit under anything...

Yeah, chest was the only measurement we could control for, and they pretty much nailed it. Maybe if there is a next time, the order can be more structured, with the request to add 2" to the arms and body length...

Sorry the color isn't quite what you expected. Your fit looks like mine- I'm expecting some stretch in length, and it should be just right.

7. kgmessier

kgmessier Well-Known Member

Any updates for those of us on the delay list?

8. Tarmac

Tarmac Well-Known Member

I wore mine last night in 35 deg weather with a single t shirt underneath, felt great. Didn't realize how cold it was until I took off my gloves to check my phone, my bare hands couldn't stand it for more than 30 seconds.

PS everyone who has posted pics is looking great

9. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

kgmessier- I'll email them and let you know.

You'd probably need a 44, or 46 if you want a slouchy fit.

10. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

yeah the order i received now is def slimmer/tighter than the one i got from inventory (navy one a few pages back)

11. kgmessier

If anyone received a 40 or 42 that they're looking to unload, please PM me.

If anyone is looking for a 38, please PM me.

I haven't received my 38 yet, but when I do, if I find it's too small, I'm going to be looking to replace it with a larger one ASAP.

- Keith

12. kgmessier

Thank you, sir.

13. trafficjam

trafficjam Well-Known Member

Went to the post office today to pick mine up after I missed delivery. I Hunter, the granny who knit mine, nailed the proportions as I expected them to be. I'm 5'10", 170 lbs with a 39" chest and I ordered a 40. There's a little extra space and a little slouch (as you can see) but the arms are fairly close to the body. All in all, I'm happy with the fit even if it makes me look a little tubby. Ignore the bottom half, it's for size reference. Thanks, zissou for putting this all together. I can't wait to beat the hell out of this thing for the next 20 years.
    [​IMG]

14. PDinh

PDinh Well-Known Member

Yeah I have a 36 clerical grey but wouldn't mind sizing up to a 38 of basically any color way. Please let me know if anyone is interested in this. Can accommodate with some cash for the trouble.

15. Tarmac

Tarmac Well-Known Member

the fit looks right on.

Anyone order a Loden? Was creeping through some .jp and found this. The color works well with the wood buttons

[​IMG]

16. eternaldrake

eternaldrake Well-Known Member

i imagine the wood buttons are gonna age and take on a nice darker color over time right

17. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

Excellent fit, trfficjam. I think that's what a lot of people were going for. Funny thing is, I'm the sane weight and chest as you, but 4" taller, and your 40 looks like it fits larger than my 42. Such is the charm of handknits...

cr1234 and about11oclock ordered loden

18. burningbright

burningbright Well-Known Member

Hey Zis, even though I didn't get in on this order I think it would be great if you picked out a Christmas card or something like that on behalf of the SF group order to send to the grannies at Inverallan. If they're anything like my gran, I think they'd really appreciate the gesture. You could even include some of the guys' fit pics so they can see the fruits of their labor.

Just a thought. :)

19. gastarbeider

gastarbeider Well-Known Member

seeing as he's done this for nothing more than goodwill, i'm pretty sure zissou is the one who should get the christmas card.

20. burningbright

burningbright Well-Known Member

LOL at shooting down sending a Christmas card to grannies who do 90 hours worth of knitting per cardigan.

You get the Scrooge McDuck award, gastarbeider. :fonz:

[​IMG]