• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introducing: Ikiré Jones

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not yet, my ego got in the way a bit when creating the lookbook. But i'll work on using a few more body-types.
Squares are available for sale now!
Thanks All. And yes, I will absolutely ship to the UK.:slayer:

Yes, I was curious how it looked on different body types. The shoulder looks interesting. It seems to have little to no padding with a roped sleeve head.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quote:
Great!

I'm after the one where the lady is wearing the bright blue headscarf. Is that the "red background" or "blue background" one? I have to ask because the blue headscarf has a red border, and the red headscarf lady has a blue border. So I'm not certain that whether the border is what you mean by background or whether it's the design. And the same default pic shows up as the shopping cart pic regardless of which you select, so that doesn't help me be sure. Anyway, let me know which is the one with the bright blue headscarf and as long as the shipping isn't too crazy, I'm in!

w.o.e.is.me.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great!

I'm after the one where the lady is wearing the bright blue headscarf. Is that the "red background" or "blue background" one? I have to ask because the blue headscarf has a red border, and the red headscarf lady has a blue border. So I'm not certain that whether the border is what you mean by background or whether it's the design. And the same default pic shows up as the shopping cart pic regardless of which you select, so that doesn't help me be sure. Anyway, let me know which is the one with the bright blue headscarf and as long as the shipping isn't too crazy, I'm in!

Thanks.
Yes, this is a known bug we're still working out (re: the shopping cart using the default picture instead of the item selected by the customer).

The lady with blue headscarf is "New Lagos (Red Background)"

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification.

Sadly, $30 for shipping a square to the UK is a bit too rich for me. I appreciate that checkout says that this price would cover shipping for up to 4 squares and so it makes sense as a proportion of overall cost if I wanted that number. Unfortunately, I'm small-timer enough to only want that one, so will have to give it a miss this time. I'll just have to be envious at those lucky enough to get it instead. Nonetheless, I look forward to seeing how your collection grows and wish you all the best of luck, and should I end up ordering something else more substantial in the future, I'll be sure to see if the square's still around, and add it to the order.

Again, good luck with this exciting venture!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

(edit: just now got your PM; replying...
smile.gif
)

Last edited:

w.o.e.is.me.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^This is a legitimate concern, and something I'm still trying to figure out (the cheapest/most reliable way to ship overseas).

I'm happy to ship packages to the UK by regular mail at a lower shipping rate.
This will probably mean forgoing tracking, however.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great looking stuff, Wale! I remember how honored I felt when I saw a pic of my trees on your site some years ago. Keep up the good work!

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very cool!!

Love this style.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great, this is something I wanted to do, but did not have the courage to do. You have a strong build, it looks good on you, I wonder how it look on others. I personally prefer soft and roped shoulder as well, though more in with structured jacket than you are I suppose. I also think you're great with layering, a lot guys are not, is that the look you want as well? I like your strong color (reminds me of paul stuart phineas cole actually) without being overdone, really wish a success on your part.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
By the way can you post measurements for your jacket? Also I think while your picture is great for catalog sort of thing, it's distracting if I just want to see a plain view.

w.o.e.is.me.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Measurements will be on the site soon, but here they are for now:

Size 36R

Chest to lapel edge - 43 7/8
Chest to break - 38 3/8
True Waist - 37 1/2
Back Shoulder Width - 17 3/4
Back Length - 29 3/4

Size 38 R

Chest to lapel edge - 45 7/8
Chest to break - 40 3/8
True Waist - 39 3/8
Back Shoulder Width - 17 1/4
Back Length - 30

Size 40 R

Chest to lapel edge - 48 3/8
Chest to break - 42 3/4
True Waist - 41 1/4
Back Shoulder Width - 18 1/8
Back Length - 30 3/8

Size 42 R

Chest to lapel edge - 49 7/8
Chest to break - 44 1/8
True Waist - 43
Back Shoulder Width - 18 5/8
Back Length - 30 5/8

Size 44 R

Chest to lapel edge - 51 7/8
Chest to break - 45 7/8
True Waist - 44 7/8
Back Shoulder Width -19 1/8
Back length - 31

Sleeve inseam
17 1/8 for all sizes
Also, there is an additional 2" in each sleeve and hem to be let out for anyone who wishes to extend the garment a bit.

w.o.e.is.me.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Love the brand, story and looks.

How well does the jacket do with sloped shoulders? If it doesn't fit me I will still go for some pocket squares.

Because the shoulders are unpadded, in my opinion, the jacket will likely work better for sloped shoulders than a different jacket with traditional padded/structured shoulders. Particularly over time as the jacket molds to the wearer's natural contours.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Size 36R

Chest to lapel edge - 43 7/8
Chest to break - 38 3/8
True Waist - 37 1/2
Back Shoulder Width - 17 3/4
Back Length - 29 3/4

Size 38 R

Chest to lapel edge - 45 7/8
Chest to break - 40 3/8
True Waist - 39 3/8
Back Shoulder Width - 17 1/4
Back Length - 30

You got the Back Shoulder Width on 36 and 38 reversed?

Looks like I am a solid 36 in any case.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads