1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. talleronline

talleronline New Member

Hey, unfashionable guy who hopes to changes that, my style icons are Steve Mcqueen, Bogart, RFK. I'm avid fan of baseball, classic film, hockey, scotch, cigars and stand up comedy.

2. alienhunter

alienhunter New Member

hi, i´m Miguel and i would like learn to another members

3. console jockey

console jockey New Member

Good evening (or whatever your local time designator is.)

My name is Drew...I'm a long time lurker and finally decided I should create and account here.

I'm a graphic designer by trade but through a series of recent promotions and reorganizations I've been promoted and can basically no longer wear a sport shirt and jeans to the office, and I'm trying to build what I consider a professional wardrobe. I'm 30 years old now so I suppose it's high time I start dressing like an adult anyhow.

I have a fascination with diving & military field watches, wingtip & brogue shoes, and an appreciation of sartorial style (although I couldn't say I always subscribe to it.) I'm in desperate need of fitting advice so when I get some time I'll have my wife take some pics of my pathetically-fitting suit and maybe get some advice.

4. PlaceboFX

PlaceboFX Active Member

Hello All,

I'm new-ish to the world of fashion, and I'm slowly finding out what I like to wear based on style, quality, durability, etc. I like learning more so I can make more informed purchasing decisions, and this forum looks to be a great place for that.

I like Allen Edmonds shoes, and they're the first higher end articles of menswear I've owned (love the AE thread on here). I really need to figure out more about suits, though.

Glad to be here!

5. tracymills

tracymills New Member

Hello people,

I'm Tracy and came by this forum for some styling advice. Which better place to ask, right?

Thanks for a great resource.

6. Edward S

Edward S New Member

I'm an accountant from Calgary. I had read some positive reviews about Olympia Tailors back when it was run by Carl Pepe. Since then his son Don has taken over and run the business into the ground.

I wish to discourage anyone who had read the positive reviews of Olympia Tailors from the past from attempting to do business with this dishonest liar and thief.

7. B-Rogue

B-Rogue Well-Known Member

Greetings all. Male 36 year old here from UK. Hope to enjoy my time here and thank you in advance to all of you who I am sure will give me great advice throughout my stay. Cheers.

8. Dean Collins

Dean Collins Member

Howdy, new to the forum.

A friend of Stanley Van Buren and one finally in a position to buy nice things.

Lend me your knowledge!

9. yrehedaj

yrehedaj New Member

Hello guys,

Excited to be a member on this forum and looking forward to a wonderful new experience with styleforum.

Cheers.

1 person likes this.
  10. ColmDawson

ColmDawson Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm a 22-year-old student and English language teacher from Ireland. Looking forward to being able to post links without moderator approval.

11. vinoTHEM

vinoTHEM Member

Hey All,

I always had a fascination in finding affordable apparel and making it look good. After experiencing the retail life as a former employee of Urban Outfitters, I started to develop a sense of forecasting specific trends. Once I called it quits as a sales rep, I started to have an open-mind when it came to trying new styles. Now, I'm willing to share my tips and learn newer trends through this forum.

Glad to be a member!

12. fidelis

fidelis New Member

hello, i'm fidelis.

i dress casual for work -its more appropriate and my wardrobe lacks- but from time to time i get to take it up a notch. this site has always been helpful so i thought to join in on the fun but i have a lot to learn.

13. franrg

franrg New Member

Regards from Barcelona. I need to wear suit for work purpose though I like to add my personal touch.
    I've signed in because I have seen some offers on the market... Anyway I have been following the forum for a while. Very useful.

14. Israelight

Israelight New Member

I'm Benjamin,

I live in the East Bay area of northern California. I have a wife and a 3-year-old. My fashion tastes have changed recently as my wife has encouraged me to dress younger. Till now I've worn only suits, slacks, dress shoes, and I have an addiction to dress shirts. Now I combine jeans and vans in the lower body with dress shirts, cardigans, and sport coats in the upper body. I like the new look, but I still think there's nothing better than a great looking suit!

Thanks for reading,
    Benjamin

15. twood81

twood81 New Member

Hi all,

I'm a 32 year old man living in New England. I recently became interested in dressing like a proper adult and came across this site through Put This On. I've been lurking for awhile and found the site to be a great resource.

Cheers,
    Tom

16. heavyhoody

heavyhoody Active Member

Hello all. My name is Matt and I live in West Chester, Pennsylvania. I'm married, have a 13 year old daughter and work for UPS. I'm nothing fancy by any means. I'm happy with button shirts, jeans, and boots. I own some White's, red wing, and a few made in England Docs that I wear. I also have a little collection of vans vault. I have always loved men's fashion and boots. Hoping to learn a lot on here.

17. DrThrift

DrThrift New Member

I'm Chris, 25 years of age. Originally from Malaysia, now making a living in Australia as an ED doctor. Drives an old E39, stalls occasionally

18. pinkpanther

pinkpanther Well-Known Member

Hello to all,

I have been lurking on the CM threads for a while and thought I'd join. Not sure if I will post all that much other than the occasional picture of a Sam Hober tie as I have acquired quite a number over the last few months.

I am a 40-something living in Atlanta (East Cobb specifically). My workplace is casual but I have taken to wearing suits (generally) or odd jackets & ties (occasionally). I definitely stand out in the office but I am comfortable with that and I am high enough in the organization so that I don't catch much flak. My boss and the CEO seem to appreciate my "effort" to provide an example of better dress.

I don't abide by all the guidelines that I have read about here (and other places) and am continuing the process of developing my own style. I am not drawn to plain suits or shirts but I do like plain ties. I like dress shoes of all colors and styles.

Thanks for letting me join your community.

Cheers

19. ryansto

ryansto Well-Known Member

Hello all,

My name is Ryan. I live near St. Louis, Missouri (Illinois side). I'm 27 and have been in the fashion industry since high school. My weaknesses are shoes and watches, much to my wife's displeasure. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. Stiva

Stiva Well-Known Member

Double post.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013