1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. fallforall

fallforall New Member

Hey!

Been lurking the forum for a while. Decided to finally join up so I can get some advice.

2. Leader12

Leader12 Member

Hello All,

I joined the forums to learn and meet other people with the same taste as I do for classic menswear.

*I love suits!

3. lesam

lesam New Member

Hi all,

I´m lurking for years, and finally joined up. Interested in classic mens wear..

4. james63

james63 Member

We are new online bidding service where investors can login and bid on Foreclosure Real Estate Properties in Arizona going to auction every day.

5. corker23

corker23 Active Member

Hello. This is obviously what the internet was made for! It seems like an incredible resource and community. I'm very glad to be here.

6. Jaguarlover

Jaguarlover New Member

Jaguarlover from Belgium....member of the dutch equivalent "Stijlforum" for some years...
    As I'm an anglophile, my style is "British gentleman farmer" => tweeds, Jaguars, corduroy or moleskin trousers, waistcoats, hunting ties, etc...
    I will be more a reader than a poster though :)
    cheers

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  7. PEBBLE

PEBBLE Member

Hi I'm Philip from Manchester UK.

Just looking to perfect my style and want to see some idea and perhaps copy a few fashionably savvy gentlemen.

I'm not used to the forum, but if someone can make it easy for me and link me to the best threads I would be greatful.

Here is a pic of me and my style so you know what kind of look I'm going for.

[​IMG]

Granted,I didn't tight up my waist coat straps properly but it does fit nice, perhaps change my shirt collar, and perhaps a pocket square with a pattern.

What you think?

Phil.

8. sansimeon

sansimeon Well-Known Member

Hi everyone!

Like a lot of others I've been lurking for years, finally registered just to be able to send a pm [​IMG]

This forum is really a great resource and I hope I'll be able to contribute in some way!

9. qerb

qerb New Member

Hello, i'm Qerb.

The name doesn't mean anything, i just like to make up random words from time to time.

I'm from Manchester, UK.

When it comes to fashion i'm definitely a noob, but i feel i'm quite creative. I'm hoping to learn a few things to do with fashion and styling on here, and hey maybe even make a few friends along the way.

I'm pretty much just here to learn some stuff and vibe with like-minded peeps.

Toodles!

10. Tailor Girl

Tailor Girl New Member

Hi All I am Tailor for more years than I wish to say. I see there are those who appreciate hand made buttonholes. This is my favorite tailoring task. I look forward to offering this service to those of you who desire this classic touch to your jackets.

11. techstyle

techstyle New Member

I'm just some guy who knows to much about technology,motorcycles and cars. I live 10 minutes away from Laguna seca race track and that's it.
    I been single for a couple of months so I need style advice, searched other forms but this one seems best.

12. MrXavier

MrXavier Well-Known Member

Don't be shy :)

13. archovist

archovist New Member

Hi - I'm archovist, used style forum before to do some sartorial research, finally joining so I can show off my White's Boots when I get them, and thank the folks whose past experiences helped shape my choice! I'm mostly a car guy, though...

14. Techiegleek

Techiegleek New Member

Hi to everyone. At 61 years of age, I am a late bloomer when it comes to interest in fashion, and have a great deal to learn. A fictional character on TV was a life changing catalyst, bringing long suppressed and dormant interests back to life. With these feelings, I spoke with a few fashion conscious friends and was astonished to find the character tended to dress in classic timeless style, many of his examples age appropriate for me. I remember many of them from the 1960s, but could not enjoy them at the time because of where and when I was. Now, I am incorporating many of these examples into my wardrobe, thoroughly enjoying it, and getting very positive comments from many people. The one big problem , pun intended, is I am tall and husky. Trying to find many of these fashions in a size that fits is a serious problem. I hope any of you who are working toward becoming or already are designers will keep taller and larger guys in mind, there are tens of millions of people in my age group wanting to wisely recapture what they could not have in the past, eager to span the generations.

15. Pablo Johnson

Pablo Johnson New Member

Hey

I've been a longtime lurker and think is about time to start participating, I also like to look at items that are for sale to see what suits me, so hopefully I'll be able to purchase some nice goods here! Thank you for having me!

16. zeBanker

zeBanker Well-Known Member

Hi there,

i have been strolling around at the English speaking forums for a while, but now decided to participate a bit in this one. Currently active in a German forum, i hope i can give some input at least getting close to what i hope to receive here ;) Though my personal relationship with the British society in general might described by what is called in German a "Hassliebe" (hate and love meanwhile, not sure wether this is a common English expression), British style and especially Scottish craftsmanship are definitely an enriching aspect of the Island for me. As I have studied half a year in England, I got to know all this stuff a bit more intensely.

Cheers
    ze Banker

17. Nawi

Nawi New Member

Greetings all

I love styleforum because its magical. Seriously though, I have been a frequent peruser for years and have found that I can find answers to even my most obscure inquiries on the forums. I typically do research on the site prior to making any menswear purchase. I always recommend the site for newbies to mens fashion and for advice on dressing and generally conducting oneself like a classically trained gentleman.

Even though I'm a millenial, this is the first forum website I have actually joined in my life. Im a busy professional. However, I am looking forward to actually becoming a contributor.

Best
    Nawi

18. chaosmagistrate

chaosmagistrate New Member

Hello,

I've recently stumbled on to this forum while looking to update my wardrobe, and been lurking for a couple of months just to get a feel of things. A lot of good stuff to read up on.

Cheers.

19. Dicamolla

Dicamolla New Member

Hey everybody,
    I am 38 and from Germany. Over the last 3 years I have realized that dressing street style gets more and more unconvincing at my age and sort of upgraded my wardrobe to a smart casual look. Enjoying to wear tweed and Budapesters and even more frequently a tie or bow tie is what happened with it. Hope to find some more inspiration here.

Cheers

20. stephan75

stephan75 New Member

Hi,
    my name is Stephan and I'm from Bavaria, Germany. Being a teacher at grammar school and uni for English language and literature as well as for European history, a fell a quite natural affinity for the English-speaking community. Having spend a considerable time in the UK (Scotland) I also came across British style, which I first regarded as too settled for me. Growing older (and being back in Germany, where especially shoe-culture seems to be rather underdeveloped) I started changing to goodyear-welted and handmade shoes and boots, tweed and corduroy, waistcoat etc. .
    I'm really looking forward to taking in new ideas and information in this forum!
    Stephan