• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Justinpc8

Reaction score
I'm Justin, a doctor down in SC. The climate down here is making things difficult but looking to make a move to somewhere less balmy sometime soon, NYC maybe?

vjramire

Reaction score
i'm addicted to leather, especially horween's shell cordovan!

nulaif

Reaction score
Hello folks,

You can call me as Ben and I'm from Finland, Europe.

Everything is so darn expensive over here so it's impossible for a guy with a tight budget (like me) to buy anything known as "quality".

How expensive you ask... It all depends on the products but here is an example:

A pair of Levi's 501

USA: $50 FINLAND: €100 (120usd)

So, you guys from the states.. consider yourself lucky! :)

Btw, I'm new about style. Trying to find a good style for my age -> 30 yrs old and want to look something like business/smart casual.

Ant Honey

Reaction score
Hello everyone. My name is Anthony. I'm a photographer living in NYC. 40. That is all. Thanks.

bucky94

Reaction score
I'm Bucky. 38 year old dad, husband and corporate lawyer. Recently decided to overhaul my wardrobe and am here looking for knowledge.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hello folks ! I am new into this forum so allow me to introduce myself. My name is Avodade, and just like everyone else here i like dressing ! My favorite suit brand ... i would say RLBL, favorite shoes brands .... hmm well lets say Crockett and Jones, Benson ... Yes, you guessed it i essentially love the british stye :). When it comes to watchs, well i would say rolex hand downs followed by Omega.

Also i am currently looking for a tom ford 108 19V sunglasses, if anyone got a pair, lemme know !
Hi all, I just got a message saying I should introduce myself on this thread so here I am. My name is Sergio and I live in Madrid, Spain. Up until a month ago I was strictly a t-shirt and jeans type of guy but somehow I ended up buying a few shirts that caught my eye in a store called 7camicie, which is 7 shirts in italian. I thought they were really good looking dress shirts and later that week I bought two suits in a store that was having full-on closeout sale. Turns out that my new shirts are apparently too dark to be real dress shirts and this is why I'm lurking around these forums. However I already wore one of them to an interview and I actually got the job so I'm guessing they can't be so bad. Anyway I'll be posting on the subject since this is why I initially registered. Cheers.
Introducing myself... Well my name is JP, i've moved around a bit but currently reside in NW Arkansas. I wear whatever I want to work, from jeans to suits, my job is cool like that. I'm not very knowledgable about SW&D yet, but have always dressed better than average, thanks to a father who is always a sharp dresser. My newfound interest in clothes was sparked when I had to do some community service at the Goodwill, and found 2 pair of Zanella slacks. I don't make much money right now, so after that I was hooked. I'll be starting law school in the Fall, and graduated from the University of Michigan.
I'm Justin, a doctor down in SC. The climate down here is making things difficult but looking to make a move to somewhere less balmy sometime soon, NYC maybe?
i'm addicted to leather, especially horween's shell cordovan!
Hello folks, You can call me as Ben and I'm from Finland, Europe. Everything is so darn expensive over here so it's impossible for a guy with a tight budget (like me) to buy anything known as "quality". How expensive you ask... It all depends on the products but here is an example: A pair of Levi's 501 USA: $50 FINLAND: €100 (120usd) So, you guys from the states.. consider yourself lucky! :) Btw, I'm new about style. Trying to find a good style for my age -> 30 yrs old and want to look something like business/smart casual.
Hello everyone. My name is Anthony. I'm a photographer living in NYC. 40. That is all. Thanks.
I'm Bucky. 38 year old dad, husband and corporate lawyer. Recently decided to overhaul my wardrobe and am here looking for knowledge.
Welcome all!

rustledjimmies

Reaction score
Ryan here. 32 yr old male living in dark and gloomy Hawaii. came upon this site as I am trying to transition my clothing attire from head to toe to something more sophisticated and refined...basically i was told to dress my age...

JUSTINxJUSTIN

Reaction score
hey all

i'm Justin. i'm 22 and from Boston, Ma. i am really into denim, sneakers, and high fashion labels. actually, ill admit it, im kind of a snob with my brand name labels and have an addiction to big name brands. im kinda pretentious like that but oh well. i play baseball, golf, and i snowboard. im trying to get my own clothing line up and running but in the meantime im a stylist at Nordstrom. my style doesn't really fit into one category, some days im suit and tie, some days im jeans and t's. KanYe West is a big influence on my style/appreciations of other styles. im kind of a hypebeast for anything he does.

well, thats me in a nutshell. look forward to meeting/talking to you all!

here2learn

Reaction score
Hi everyone as my name says I admit I know very little about fashion and I am here to learn. Fashion is always something I wished I was good at I just have never felt I had a very good sense of it and I don't have a set style of dress although I'm looking to learn more and develop one.

I can't be grouped as into a particular stereotype as a guy. I am into dance music and Ibiza style clubbing (I'm working to be a dj), intense strength training and computers/technology mostly.

I am very large 6'6 or 2 m tall. Muscular build with a little fat on my stomach.

I've always liked more the moderately well dressed looked or European style you may see in a high end club. I've never like hipster or indie style.

Aneil4lom

Reaction score
Hi everyone. if you like Star Wars you;ll probably recognize where my name comes from. I'm 24 and I'm form trinidad (An Island in the Caribbean off the coast of South America).

Stylewise, largely into boardshorts, tee-shirts and skateboarding sneakers. I dressed like this for the last 10 years with the only difference being that I recently became willing to spend more money on sneakers.

My wardrobbe is pretty basic, other than what I mentioned above I also wear denim with vintage boots and polos form either A&F or Original Penguin.

I'm here to learn about new brands and find info about sales etc. in places where I'm travelling to.

Reaction score
Greetings all -

Working in the NYC creative industry, originally from the northern country of Sweden. I have always enjoyed fine shoes & clothing, its only now in the past few years I have actually been able to afford it! Just purchased my first pair of C&J handgrades and extremely excited to start wearing them - also a huge fan of cooking!

Best,
E

msj121

Reaction score
Hi,
New to wanting to dress well. Have been wearing suits for some time, and past 3 years almost every day.... Pretty young with little money, but great tip I picked up here already: is taking even a low priced suit to a tailor to fit better. Believe it or not when someone told me I could buy off the rack I just assumed without any tailoring, I know realize they meant without getting it tailored from scratch like I had before (family friend was a tailor, I was spoiled).

jamanta

Reaction score
Wanted to say hello to all. I am from Norway and found this site as I like to wear in style.

HillNo

Reaction score
HillNo I don't want to keep my money in my pocket. HillYes I want to spend it on a nice wardrobe so I can look as good in real life as I do in my head.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads