1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. JdeeJ

JdeeJ New Member

Been following for a while decided to join the site.
    Now that I've joined, I will have a lot less free time on hand and looking forward.

2. seanpdkelly

seanpdkelly New Member

Been a lurker for awhile and finally joined up.

Mainly a big sneaker head but interested in all areas of menswear.

Favourite Brands:

Apparel:

Woollen Woolrich Mills
    Norse Projects
    Edwin Denim
    A.P.C
    etc etc

Footwear:

Asics
    New Balance
    Adidas
    Clarks

Thanks, Sean.

3. Tc149

Tc149 New Member

Hi there,

I'm 24 and I work in Marketing. I've been looking for a style forum for a while now. Particularly since All my friends aren't exactly vocal when it comes to having an opinion on clothes so this place looks ideal for me. Lots of knowledgeable people talking about interesting stuff...looks great! :)

4. Extra Full Blue

Extra Full Blue Member

Hi,

I'm 30, work in medical research, and have been a lurker here for ages. I've been reading and learning as much as I can about menswear for years, and now find myself with the time and budget to begin building a custom wardrobe. Hope to continue gaining insight and offering whatever wisdom I can as a poster.

5. rocibj26

rocibj26 New Member

Learned a lot on the site, time to join and contribute/interact
    Robert, 28, Lexington, SC

6. vickylee

vickylee New Member

Hi, I'm 43 and I'm just glad to have come across this forum. I happen to own a few "classic" Ray Ban sunglasses that I'm having a hard time identifying its model type, therefore, I would greatly appreciate any help I can get from this forum.

7. Tarquinius

Tarquinius New Member

I've been a long time reader, and as Style Forum just keeps getting better and better it's time to join and start contributing. I'm interested in classical menswear suiting (especially experiences with bespoke tailors) and shoes, but I also like to dabble in contemporary casual wear.

8. DressCode

DressCode Member

Hi everybody. I'm DressCode. I live in Oakland and work in San Francisco. After 30 years of being a jeans and t-shirt guy, I finally bundled all my jeans into a bag and got rid of them. My t-shirts became polishing rags. I now sell clothes for a living and get to wear a suit and tie everyday which is a bit of a dream come true for me. I prefer classic style over modern trends.

My personal dress codes are-
    1. Denim is for work-wear ONLY.* (*unless it's white Levi's)
    2. Sneakers should be worn for physical training ONLY.
    3. No "flashing" of labels.
    4. Fit is the most important thing.
    5. Quiet self confidence is a powerful attribute to have.
    6. Pay no mind to what "everyone else is wearing".

I'm sure there are more but those top the list at the moment.

I'd like to thank SF member chocsosa for posting on the trashness blog as his posts led me here. I'm hoping to meet other local SF Bay Area styleforum members.

Cheers!
    DressCode

9. Sihsih

Sihsih Member

A long time lurker, I've learned a lot from the SF community ; I'll be moving to Japan in a few weeks, and from the amount of info I've seen so far on the forum, it seems all the sartorial homework in Tokyo has already been done - thanks guys !

10. rfwill2

rfwill2 New Member

I'm Robert and I am in the shoe shine business plus I buy, sell and trade men's used ,new and store return shoes. I did an internet search for used shoe stores to get some ideas and stumbled upon Styleforum which I am happy to have done so.

11. RuscittoPenCo

RuscittoPenCo New Member

Hello, my name is Anthony and I am a pen maker from NY. Looking to network with people who enjoy fine writing instruments!

12. Siva

Siva Member

Hi,

My name is Siva, I'm from Paris. I'm a new blogger ( http://thefinedeal.com ) . I like vintage inspired clothing, and more generally well made products that are built to last. I joined the forum to contribute and interact.

13. cava

cava New Member

Hey there. I've developed my interest in fashion a few years ago. Though recently I've got this sickness of having the need to wear famous brands. No fake rubbish. It came at a high price - I spent €2000 on a set clothes. Bought myself a Gucci and Fendi belt. Dolce&Gabanna trousers, Givenchy sweater (€450)!! And Lanvin shoes. Please help me cure this sickness... I'm too afraid wearing this Givenchy sweater and Lanvin shoes... I don't want to wear them out.

That's me.

P.s. Where do I ask questions? Has to do with some other pair shoes of mine.

Oh, I am from the Netherlands.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  14. cava

cava New Member

I think i have to agree on you with 1, 3, 4, 5 and 6.
    Note for point 1: yes you're right. You don't wear jeans to a funeral. You can wear them in an office though for example

15. gingihan

gingihan New Member

Hello,
    Learned a lot from this site. I have only few possessions but all are top notch.
    I like
    1. Shoes that look better with age.
    2. Jeans
    3. khakis
    4. Straight razors
    5. One good leather bag
    I also love to read,

books

16. Templar66

Templar66 New Member

Hi,

I too am a long time reader of SF. Having recently changed jobs and there being no dress code I am at a little bit of a loss as to what I should wear.
    I am 31 and from the South of the UK.

1 person likes this.
  17. DressCode

DressCode Member

Thanks Cava, I was a "jeans and tshirt" guy for 30 years, I finally bundled them all together and donated them. I wish I'd done it years ago. For me, jeans send a wrong message, either "I'm lazy" or "I'm not ready to be a grown up". Same with sneakers. But that's just my opinion.

1 person likes this.
  18. cava

cava New Member

You're making a lot of sense with the 'not ready to be a grow up' part. I'm having mixed feeling with jeans. I mean and don't get me wrong on this one, but our Director(owner of company with 100+ employees) wears jeans daily (with his business shirt tucked in). He gets away with it.

But again, I agree with you on point 1. I'm just not sure when you CAN or can not wear jeans..

P.s. I wear jeans and it makes me feel fresh, quick and sporty (I'm 24)
    [​IMG]
    This should give you an idea. I don't wear the default color jeans, never.

I do also wear this sometimes
    Chino with a shirt
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  19. capnMURPHY2021

capnMURPHY2021 Well-Known Member

Hello, came here looking for some advice on non-baggy dress shirts. Already found a lot of useful info, thanks Styleforum!

20. cho897

cho897 Member

Hi!

Been a lurker for a while and felt that it was time to join. I am a student who recently has gotten into vintage and classic menswear. Hope to learn more from all you guys.

Cheers.