1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Skatenc123

Skatenc123 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone my names cliff, I'm probably come from a different field then most here.

I'm an ex tattoo artist who now works at a small law firm now. Ive become more interested in style over the last few months. I mostly stick to darker colors and patterns, because light colors usually show my tattoos a good amount. So if anybody could point me in the direction of thicker dress shirts that would be very helpful. Located in the US.

2. ohiorick

ohiorick Member

New member here. I'm Rick from Ohio. Just ordered a new pair of White's Bounty Hunter boots. Was searching around the web and found this place. Lots of good info here.

3. alessandromo

alessandromo Well-Known Member

Greetings! I'm a menswear enthusiast from Sydney Australia and pleased to be part of your community.

4. SeanZ

SeanZ New Member

Hey Guys...I'm Sean and I live in downtown NYC. I am a real estate investor/developer and a fairly casual guy. Typical attire is jeans (prefer APC these days) and sport coats or a Barbour jacket. I happened upon Styleforum while researching options for brogue boots online, which led me to purchase my first pair of Trickers earlier this week at Grahame Fowler (I bought a pair of black Stow boots and am loving them). I am a bit of a watch geek, with a penchant for vintage Tudors and Rolexes, particularly unusual pieces from the 60s and 70s.

Glad to be a part of the Styleforum community! Regards

5. ONmyWAYnugguhs

ONmyWAYnugguhs New Member

Hi all,
    Chazz from Edmonton Alberta here, although I wouldn't be surprised if half of you don't know where that is.. I'm 20 years old, been working as a power engineer for the past 2 years. I always strive to be the best dressed man in the room, don't ask me why as I'm really not sure. I mostly wear denim and chino's with polo's/ button downs as I don't get to wear my suits nearly as often as I would like. And that's all I got for now.

6. Nathi

Nathi New Member

Hi All

I'm Nathi I love clothes and a loyal brand supporter too.I'm not much of a fashion junky but have a good taste in all aspects of life. I think limitlessly
    I have learned my life lesson
    Now I move with aggression, use my mind as a weapon
    Cause chances are never given they taken like interceptions. Yet still I have a humble soul and have a brave approach with the aid of the Diesel motto "Only the brave "My wadrobe consists of these Clothing Brands,55Dsl ,Zara ,Diesel , Gstar ,Burberry , Replay ,Timberland ,Polo ,Gant and Nike sports gear. Grew up in the Towship called Dieploof in Soweto and was was introduced to a multiratial culture in 1993 and can relate to people from different walks of life and acknowledge and respect all the diverse cultures that are in existance . I'm hoping to learn and from the forum and graduate in terms knowlge acquired for application as time progresses

7. Zegna

Zegna New Member

How's it going everyone, names John.

I'm a 20 year old student (so not at all loaded with $) in Canada. I usually purchase clothes online, but might occasionally go to store for things I can find online and etc. I used to go on ebay a lot but not too sure anymore, especially on authenticity (so far only had 1 problem though). Anyway, if anyone could give me some tip/advice on where (which site or seller on ebay and etc) it would be very much appreciated! My favorite brands are armani collezioni, dolce & gabbana, burberry, saint laurent, and E. zegna. Hope i can learn a great deal from you guys.

Ciao

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  8. joecyparker

joecyparker New Member

Hi all,

This is Joecy from Reno.I am here to share some thoughts with you guys!

9. Felgrasan

Felgrasan New Member

Hi there!

After a long time reading you guys looking for information and advice about clothes, and specially about shoes, i would like to introduce myself to Styleforum. I'm very pleased of joining this forum and hope to be helpful and learn a lot.

By the way, as you may have already noticed from my low level of english i am spanish (from Seville, more precisely).

Best regards
    Felipe

10. shunnymcshun

shunnymcshun Member

Hello everyone,

My name's Shun and I'm based in London, and naturally I'm drawn to all the tailoring and classic things that this place offers!

11. ginandsilver

ginandsilver New Member

Hello,

I am a student and an active member of the Military. I live and work near New York City. I have much to learn from you all, so please take good care of me! I hope to contribute positively to the community as I learn and grow. Cheers all!

Best Regards,
    Oscar

12. PCK1

PCK1 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

My name is Phil. I'm based in the NYC area.

I am an avid collector/supporter of Crockett & Jones footwear. I currently have 14 pairs, with #15 an MTO being made right now for delivery in March.

I also have quite the collection of Gucci shoes, like 20+ pairs.

I have large collections of off-the-rack and bespoke clothing from brands such as Turnbull & Asser, Ralph Lauren (Blue, Black, & Purple Labels), Tom Ford, and Etro.

I love funky socks. My favorite brand in past years has been Cording's colorful striped socks, but I am definitely looking to expand this collection a lot.

I also like unique accessories such as umbrellas and am considering even getting into bespoke umbrellas. My favorite piece right now is a maroon burberry umbrella i picked up with an 18K gold plated fox head on the handle.

I joined this forum primarily to learn more about footwear and to expand my footwear horizons.

I am interested in exploring other makers (RTW, MTO, & Bespoke) such as Gaziano & Girling, Edward Green, Alfred Sargent, John Lobb, and pretty much anyone else that makes finely crafted high quality shoes and/or shoes that are unique and interesting.

Regards,
    Phil

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  13. Sankofa

Sankofa New Member

Evening,

Long time follower, just now joining. I am an old sneaker head, denim addict and homebrewer.

Sankofa.

14. ruderr

ruderr New Member

Im ruderr. I check out this site a lot to get answers to fashion questions. Most are already answered for me. I am in my early 30's and just started to wear suits for work. I mostly am trying to buy nice suits on ebay for cheap. Any leads or suggestions are most welcome. That's it.

15. orizue

orizue Member

Been lurking way too long.
    it's time.

16. massi

massi Member

Hi, I'm Massi, I live in Paris. I joined the forum so I can get some advice on sizing raw denim, suits etc! [​IMG]

17. massi

massi Member

Haha, thanks!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  18. Sartres

Sartres Member

Hello, we are a recently launched London based brand called SARTOR RESARTUS, designing fine menswear attire for aesthetic expeditions. We've been longtime admirers of the incredible fountain of knowledge that is the Styleforum, and now want to become active members and contributors. We are not here to do uncalled for promotion, but simply to exchange ideas on style, quality and construction in menswear attire.

19. boshfashion

boshfashion New Member

Hi all,

I'm new here but I've been buying and selling on Ebay as boshfashion for a while. Almost all of my wardrobe was purchased on ebay! I have a really wide range of tastes and sometimes have trouble putting it all together, but here's some of my favorite brands that I wear:

Outerwear:
    Maharishi
    Final Home
    Full Circle
    Whyred
    Shipley & Halmos
    Scotch & Soda
    Nice Collective

Sweaters:
    Nicholas K
    Etienne Ozeki
    Daniele Fiesoli

Shirts:
    Trovata
    Libertine Libertine
    Tim Hamilton
    Joe Casely-Hayford
    Bolongaro Trevor
    Junya Watanabe
    Firetrap

Pants:
    Trovata
    THVM
    Jimmy Taverniti
    Vilebrequin
    Givenchy

Shoes:
    Swear London
    Palladium
    Cole Haan
    Band of Outsiders x Sperry

20. dangerouscello

dangerouscello New Member

Hello,

I'm Matt. I'm a 26-year old attorney and bass guitarist. My dad gave me a few of his suits a couple of years ago (he was a buyer for Bloomingdale's back in the day), and now that I've been wearing them regularly, I've become a little bit obsessed with menswear. While I still don't have the cash to do everything I want to do (who does?), I've been upgrading my clothing and accessories a lot lately. And that has brought me to the forum quite a bit as I get the answers to the questions I have.

Looking forward to finding out about new brands and refining my style. Cheers!