1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Macs

Macs Well-Known Member

Hi all, been a lurker for quite some time and decided to join now because, after having read tons of advises here, I have just placed an online order for a pair of Balmoral boots.
    I live in southern Switzerland.
    Ciao

2. Brook Lyn

Brook Lyn New Member

Good Afternoon,

I have accepted an offer of 42k and awaiting a wire.

If the gentle man does not follow through I will advise.

Thank You Kindly

3. jdb12

jdb12 New Member

Raw denim & a good pair of boots. Enough said.

4. js law

js law New Member

25 years old, in law school so I'm about ready to turn up my suit game. I've always wore proper fitting dress attire, but I'm at the point where I need to find a consistent formula for looking professional and the best.

In the spring/summer I wear mostly loafers and drivers...although I need to find a new pair of drivers to move forward with (Ive had like 5 pairs of rockport driving mocs in light brown)

my favorite loafers right now are my Gucci legend loafers in dark brown size 8.5 D. Gucci run small idk why.

my favorite oxfords are my AE strand calf, most complimented shoe I've owned but not my personal favorite.

I want to solidify my every day attire and revamp my shoe collection. I have about 20 pairs of shoes including 3-4 pairs of Nike's (pippen basketball shoe, new running shoes etc)

yea.. looking forward to the insight here !

5. Manu-BE

Manu-BE New Member

Heya, I'm Manu. 23 years old (turned 23 only few days ago!), graduated Economics master's degree in 2012 and now working as financial auditor, on the road to becoming a CPA. Oh, and I'm from Belgium.

Main interests: finance (mainly value investing, private equity and some casual day trading), watches and menswear.

Discovered Styleforum yesterday and I was instantly intrigued, so I decided to sign up. I hope to learn some new things and share ideas.

Happy holidays!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  6. LatestBloomer

LatestBloomer Member

My name is LatestBloomer and a thread I am posting soon will tell you why that is the case.

Here because I lurked by finding this site through google and saw that it is a great site to talk to grown men about your life with. Thread that brought me here was the one about what you would tell your 20 yr old self.

7. drewcandraw

drewcandraw Well-Known Member

Like many others in the past, I too have been lurking for half a year or so reading all the articles and drinking up all the information from many posters. Took the plunge hopefully to learn more about leather and just good quality clothing in general.

Name is Drew from the bay area, CA. A young researcher trying to become a mad scientist as all my friends say. Teaches people to shoot guns in his spare time while attempting to race motorcycles on the track.

Currently loving my Timberland Boot Company Blake Winter 6" boot as well as my newly acquired Wolverine 1000 mile. I just like the look of boots, jeans and heavy flannels. But at the same time I'm still a kid and enjoy everything in moderation.

Hope to enjoy my stay on here.

8. TheHoboPrep

TheHoboPrep Member

Hi.

I've finally joined this wonderful forum.

I am the Hobo Prep.

www.hoboprep.tk

9. bodybyvi

bodybyvi New Member

hey, this is me bodybyvi its really awesome to finally make up to this. really glad to be here. thanks for making me a member of this forum.

10. 6allah6

6allah6 Member

Hello, just joined the forums after browsing it for a quite a while. Im really interested in selling some clothes and buying from here since prices look pretty reasonable and there is a wide variety. Hope this goes well

11. Louiethestitch

Louiethestitch New Member

Hello everyone- just new here! A closet haberdasher wanting to come out!!! I now have the time and resources to pursue a business I like. Specialties are cufflinks (British) ties,hat's, shoes (custom) era 1920's to late 1940's! The standard's were set in men's clothing long ago for a gentleman of taste,I like to bring it up to the present with out being conspicuous. Thanks for having me!

12. tmccarthy41

tmccarthy41 Member

Good evening everyone-

New member, first post. 30 years old, in commercial real estate, suit & tie everyday (minus weekends). I'm a 38 (slim) in suits- if anyone is ever needing to unload some nicer stuff..

to Brookyln above: if you truly have a Patek minute repeater (what model number?) for sale at $42k I'm a legitimate buyer. Please PM me.

Looking forward to contributing and chatting with you all.

13. shazbottle

shazbottle New Member

Hi everyone, I joined SF because of my insane need to replace my favorite shirt of all time which I recently lost in a horrible accident. Looking forward to being a part of the community!

14. Matchingwe

Matchingwe New Member

Hi,i am a new member in this forum.Please welcome me.I have new site .You can visit this site.

15. hamka501

hamka501 New Member

Hye All. I'm Asrul.

16. CapnCook

CapnCook New Member

Hi my name is Bren and I'm an addict, to shopping for expensive clothes that I know I can't buy [​IMG] hope to see you guy's around the forums

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  17. purepeter

purepeter New Member

hi, i am peter from germany,
    in the moment i like margiela and pierre hardy..

18. COCowboy

COCowboy New Member

Hi All-

Although I live on a Ranch, I dress in suits for work. I have learned a lot here and look forward to learning even more.

19. Hunt

Hunt New Member

Hello. Been a viewer of the forum for some time. Wanted to join to post some buys and also share advice.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  20. roadway

roadway Member

Hi, been browsing for a few weeks, but need some advice so time to join.