1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. kayrome

kayrome New Member

My name is Karla, I joined the site in my search for sunglasses. I work in aerospace industry in contract -sourcing . Live in the south bay in CA. I travel a lot .. business and pleasure.
    The site seems interesting.. I guess i will be looking for what is there for me.

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

Excuse what may seem a silly question but are new members required to post in this thread?

3. 1400Hoodie

1400Hoodie Well-Known Member

a mystical carnival dimension of fleece-cotton tra
    19, male

Work in high fashion while going to college. Will be men's couture buyer at Barney's one day. God level knowledge base women's & mens.

Martin Margiela is Jesus.

4. Gbg brouge

Gbg brouge Well-Known Member

Hi!

I'm a newbie from Sweden. I live on the swedish west coast with my famliy, wife and 2 kids. By my nick you can probably guess that I love shoes, preferrably from UK but I have had an eyeopener when I came in contact with Carmina.
    Sylewise I wear mostly jeans but mix with chinos/blazer and somtimes with suits. I love full brouges, country style with rugged rubber soles but I also melt when I come across a nicely classic shape oxford in good quality leather.
    I will take my time and browse around a little and hope that I can contribute to this grand forum.

Cheers!

5. KDance

KDance Member

Hi, Newbie alert!!!

I came across this forum on a mad dash for some particular clothing items from a tv show... but in reading through some previous posts on here I'll be sticking around long beyond my first 'real' post :).

I'm female, in the entertainment business :)

6. johnny919

johnny919 Member

Hi Y'all!!

I'm Johnny and I live in beautiful Austin, TX. I do some modeling in LA, NY, and occasionally Miami. My favorite Brands and Designers are J Brand, Jack Spade, Alexander McQueen Diesel, Kent Denim, and Dsquared2.

When I am not working you will find me
    a.) lounging by my pool
    b.) at a local watering hole
    c.) shopping
    d.) on Vacation

Fashion Turn ons:
    -Great tailoring
    -Premium Fabrics
    -Selvedge

Fashion Turn Offs:
    -Made in China/Bangladesh/Etc.
    -CHEAP ZIPPERS!!!! THE WORST!
    -knock offs

7. ratcatcherjon

ratcatcherjon New Member

Hi Guys,

Nice to be involved. I live in Yorkshire in England and have just waved goodbye to the youngest of my three kids. I have spent 30 years weaving beautiful wool fabrics and now make tweed garments for the country set. I will try to bring an unbiased expertise to discussions where I have appropriate knowledge.

8. mnsmokeater

mnsmokeater Member

Howdy All,

Found this page while looking for info on peacoats and feel it could be a wealth of info beyond that in my goals of having some clothing that's not a pair of jeans and a old t shirt.

will post a bit here and there I'm sure but first much reading to do.

9. hollnyc

hollnyc Member

Hello Styleforum community!

My name is Gabriel. I have been perusing styleforum for years now, but was never really one to post (kind of like when people call in radio shows and say "long time listener, first time caller"). I actually just opened a men's clothing store on Orchard Street in Lower Manhattan and would like to get involved on Styleforum so I can let the other members know of my offerings and also to take input about ways I can improve my business, clothes they'd like to see next season etc..

The site is so vast, that I'm a bit at a loss of where to start. Any advice or guidance you all could give me to help me get started would be much appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2013
  10. chickenlittle

chickenlittle Member

Hi,

- I live in Toronto, Canada
    - Have begun an unhealthy obsession with mechanical watches, leather shoes, and leather bags
    - Wear a suit on Mondays to Fridays, dress like a homeless bum on weekends
    - Have three pairs of Loakes on rotation, looking for a good deal on AE Park Avenue (deals in Canada are rare)
    - Most days I rock a Filson original briefcase (good for carrying a bottle of Barolo on the way home from the office) but I currently covet a Frank Clegg english briefcase

11. boydos

boydos New Member

Hey all, student from Melbourne. Been lurking around the site for a while now and decided to make an account to take advantage of some of the great deals on the marketplace.

Love traditional workwear/streetwear crossover and the stories behind some of the older brands, such as Red Wings and Saint James.

Hope to contribute positively to the already solid community here, thanks for having me!

12. SlickNick

SlickNick New Member

Hi All,

found this forum through a blog that also runs a forum in Finnish, namely http://www.keikari.com/english/

I am 29, a male, live in Helsinki, Finland, and have quite recently found a passion for elegant men's clothing, as well as the history and traditions that comes with it. Looking forward to a lot of interesting discussions here and especially exploring the market palce for some nice shoes.

Cheers,

N

13. Sdvll2003

Sdvll2003 New Member

Hi Styleforum members.

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. Work in corporate aviation. Travel a lot.

I am addicted to Alden shoes and boots.
    My wife gave me a pair of Indys for my birthday a few years back. Found this site while doing research on care tips for them.

In SF, we are lucky to have an Alden store and several retailers that get exclusives.
    I will show you my collection very soon.

Now, back to polishing!

14. Jazziem

Jazziem Active Member

Hey Sf,

25y old boy from Paris.

Been lurking this forum for a while now and decided to share some pictures/fits and talk about everything i like.

Glad to be registred.

15. lsmythe

lsmythe New Member

Hello folks, I'm Luke. I found this forum while researching the Iron Ranger boots. Found a great thread on them, helped sell me on them. I love Redwing shoes, Ecco also. I like quality and good practical design. I was never into fashion until I realized one day some years back how dramatically my mood and sense of self-confidence were affected by the clothes I was wearing. Call me crazy. Perhaps I'm in good company?

16. aghast

aghast New Member

I'm a 39-and-holding male on the eastern seaboard of the US. I'm a consultant, so I travel quite a bit. I'm trying to step my game up another notch, coming out of the polo-and-chinos "business casual" range to a suit/blazer style.

Stumbled on SF after a google search, like probably everyone else. After that, I noticed that I would stumble back about every third time I googled something clothing-related. Apparently, SF is the wikipedia of clothing advice. :)

17. SonofGoldman

SonofGoldman Active Member

Hello,

I'm in my 20's and prefer more staid clothing. Mostly Dress shirts or tucked-in polos with slacks. As I was exiting adolescence I remember wishing that formal situations did not observe so much stricture upon one's attire (I vaguely remember wishing for shorts and vnecks tees to replace lounge suits as the standard of decorum in business dress - but that might have more to do with the Texan heat).

Now that I have started to work in a much more "casual" environment where suits are infrequently worn, and then typically only when traveling to meet clients/important meetings, I wish that they were more of a daily imposition.

I have a pretty defined sense of what I like but I joined to solicit some advice on places to shop while traveling through europe.

18. ledouche

ledouche Member

Howdy folks,

for the last few years I've gotten my fashion advice by Googleing questions and tacking "styleforum" on at the end, so I figure it's about time I signed up. Bit about me: I'm 23, live just outside of DC and my primary focus is getting through each day. Second to that, I'd eventually like to establish an ethical, charitable business.

Stylistically, I inhabit whatever bracket comes before entry-level luxury. Basically, Brooks Brothers, Orvis and Allen Edmonds when I can find them on sale--snooty snoots, correct me if I'm wrong. I prefer simpler, logo-free clothing and if anything, I have a fondness for chunky knit sweaters, vertical stripes on shirts, also solid colors, especially black, on just about everything (it may be worth noting here that the last girl I dated came from a Mennonite family). I'm also a firm believer that it's more the man, less the clothing. So I lift a lot to appease my vanity and make my clothes fit well.. and I guess so I can do my job better/get laid.

19. moali

moali New Member

Hello SF,
    I'm a consultant from the UK in my 30s. I've been lurking for a while and figured I'd join and attempt to contribute in some way if I can. I am a fan of classic British country style and vintage clothing but I struggle finding things that fit (I am quite slim). Hope to learn more each day I am here.

20. mrguddn

mrguddn Member

Hi all

I'm Kenny. I always look for something for my whole look..boots, clothing, accessories, or anything.
    In these days, Im in love with Kenzo and Carven as they give a lot of 'wit' to casual look.
    For more classy look, Thom Browne owns my mind.

I would love to share thoughts on style in general and my look with you guys..
    so any advice or feedback is welcome!

Thanks!!

----------------------------------
    My daily look and style: http://mrguddn.wordpress.com/
    Or follow me on FB: http://www.facebook.com/mrguddn