1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Interview help!

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by FRATERNITYSTUD, Mar 10, 2002.

1. FRATERNITYSTUD

FRATERNITYSTUD Well-Known Member

Ok guys,
    I have a big problem I need help with. I have an interview in London at Merrill Lynch on Tuesday, and I have this little problem. When I have to talk a lot in a high pressure situation, my mouth becomes drier than the Sahara Desert. Once my mouth becomes like this, it is hard to keep my flow of words smooth. Is there anything I can take before or during the interview that will help me keep saliva in my mouth??

2. GQ Lawyer

GQ Lawyer Well-Known Member

Drink a lot of water prior to the interview (but not too much where you have to pee the whole time). Take 2 listerine strips (they add saliva and help your breath).

Also, try to talk slower. When you talk too fast or get excited, you suck in air which drys out your mouth.

Good luck and let us all know how it goes.

3. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member

4. HEWSINATOR

HEWSINATOR Well-Known Member

Some may say this is not a good thing to do, but not being able to speak is probably worse. I imagine they will offer you a drink, accept it if you need to. But, the tips above may get you on your way...

5. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

chew gum, toss it out in the lobby.

6. riveroaks

riveroaks Well-Known Member

gum a mint or something and talk slower

7. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

I can't hear someone mention Listerine strips without thinking of Vanity's classic thread.