1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Inside Ralph Lauren's garage

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Journeyman, Feb 23, 2011.

1. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

What's wrong with his zippers?
    They don't zip. It's a massive problem. I mean an RLPL garment for $4000 and the zipper doesn't work properly. And they have been getting steadily worse. I mean really, how much does a good zipper cost?

2. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Well-Known Member

You just need to use them a little before they work without issue. I think it's more a problem of newness than of quality.

3. sartorialism

sartorialism Well-Known Member

They don't zip. It's a massive problem. I mean an RLPL garment for $4000 and the zipper doesn't work properly. And they have been getting steadily worse. I mean really, how much does a good zipper cost?

The only zipper that's currently annoying me is a Loro Piana zipper. But how difficult can it be to replace a zipper?

4. imageWIS

You just need to use them a little before they work without issue. I think it's more a problem of newness than of quality.

I work everyday with RL clothing, I promise you, they don't work right even with years of use.

5. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Well-Known Member

So do I, and I also own about $50,000 worth of it. They work fine.

6. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

I have an RLPL down coat with zippers with alligator pull tabs. it's awesome. I love that coat and those zippers.

[​IMG]

7. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Well-Known Member

I might give a kidney for that 1938 Alfa Romeo Mille Miglia Spyder. Or the 29 bentley.

8. mehhhh

mehhhh Well-Known Member

Ferrari P2/3. Amazing. One wonders how fast he has driven the Veyron. It probably just sits. [​IMG]

9. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

this was in a sub division near us years a go.......

BTW - probably the most famous neglected car ever. A 250 GTO was registered to a high school for use in its auto shop class. Subsequently sat in a field for 20 years. Now worth $20+ million.

[​IMG]

10. clee1982

clee1982 Well-Known Member

BTW - probably the most famous neglected car ever. A 250 GTO was registered to a high school for use in its auto shop class. Subsequently sat in a field for 20 years. Now worth $20+ million.

[​IMG]

wow

11. ramuman

ramuman Well-Known Member

I might give a kidney for that 1938 Alfa Romeo Mille Miglia Spyder. Or the 29 bentley.
    I'm sure both of those are worth more than a kidney of yours (or mine). Also, as much as I understand much of where the 250's appeal comes from, I still don't know how its current price is as much as it is. The only answer I can conjure is that it was a racing homologation of a great grant touring car and it was produced in very limited numbers by the most famous car company out there. I guess it's collectibility is somewhat based on its...collectibility. I think I answered my own question.

12. amstokesdb9

amstokesdb9 Well-Known Member

All that is required for a car to bubble ridiculously in price is scarcity and rich people wanting to get their hands on them. Maybe in a hundred years all of the well heeled collectors will want 1 of the last 2 Chrysler TC by Maseratis left in existence...

13. imageWIS

[​IMG]

Reminds me of 'The Butchers Car' MB 500K Spezial Roadster story.