1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Indochino suits?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by crease, Jan 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. res ipsa

res ipsa Member

Plus it seems they have this unhealthy obsession with trendy 60's ad man suits. although this is a very popular style, this site doesn't see to get that not every man can pull off the slim fit suit...not to mention that their trousers seem to fit very tight.
    The common complaint from the fat man wearing a suit. Not to say you're obese, but that's exactly what I hear from my fat friends. I know they secretly appreciate the trend and style...but they tend to dismiss it because it's clear they can't pull it off. First step in looking good in a suit? Looking good naked.

2. jwalker

jwalker New Member

The common complaint from the fat man wearing a suit. Not to say you're obese, but that's exactly what I hear from my fat friends. I know they secretly appreciate the trend and style...but they tend to dismiss it because it's clear they can't pull it off.

First step in looking good in a suit? Looking good naked.

well ill be honest, my dad was in the custom clothing business for 40 years so i know a bit here and there. the fact is that the new trendy style of slim fitting, narrow lapel suits is simply a trend that look s good on younger men 20-35, who are lean or in shape. The point im trying to get across is that a company emphasizing on "custom-fit" should not limit themselves to simply producing a single style of suit. most men in america are fat...and unless they wanna look like jackie gleason, they better stay away from skintight suits with narrow lapels. personally, i like the trendy new style for myself because im 5'8 155lbs, fit.

3. amplifiedheat

amplifiedheat Well-Known Member

The common complaint from the fat man wearing a suit. Not to say you're obese, but that's exactly what I hear from my fat friends. I know they secretly appreciate the trend and style...but they tend to dismiss it because it's clear they can't pull it off.

First step in looking good in a suit? Looking good naked.

Staggering, unrepentant vapidity. Me, I've had a pretty slight build since I was in high school. The fact is, pants that pull at the crotch are grossly unattractive. A tailored leg is fine, but all things in moderation.

4. chpartisan

chpartisan Member

Looks like the 25% off deal is back (from redflagdeal forums)

25% off ANY suit, plus one free tailor-made dress shirt, one free accessory (a tie or a pair of cufflinks) and free shipping with coupon code REDFLAGDEAL at Indochino.com.

I am seriously contemplating trying them out for a basic navy suit. Trying to decide between Indochino, The Wizard of Aahs and Retail (yuck).

5. intent

intent Well-Known Member

25% off ANY suit, plus one free tailor-made dress shirt, one free accessory (a tie or a pair of cufflinks) and free shipping with coupon code REDFLAGDEAL at Indochino.com.

I am seriously contemplating trying them out for a basic navy suit. Trying to decide between Indochino, The Wizard of Aahs and Retail (yuck).

Tempted.

6. LorenzL

LorenzL Well-Known Member

I just decided to order from Indochine, with 25% rebate and the exchange rate dollar/euro it's quite worth a try (especially as you can get a refund if it doesn't fit). I have been in contact with their customer service quite a bit, because I wanted clarification regarding the measuring and the final result. They told me they are constantly refining the process and the info about leaving 4 inches off to get a tightly fitting suit is definitely outdated. They clearly recommend to stick to the process as laid out in the videos on their website. I have suits and shirts from Knize, a well known and bloody expensive tailor in Vienna - they fit like a second skin. I am well aware that the quality of Indochine will be nothing like Knize, but you can expect an honest and qualified opinion about Indochine's product, once it arrives [​IMG]

7. shayne_aman

shayne_aman Member

Their navy fabric is extremely lightweight. Spring & summer only. I wouldn't recommend it as a year-round suit. Their navy pick-stitch fabric with the higher thread count is even lighter.

8. Quatsch

Quatsch Well-Known Member

Their navy fabric is extremely lightweight. Spring & summer only. I wouldn't recommend it as a year-round suit. Their navy pick-stitch fabric with the higher thread count is even lighter.

Having just ordered a navy suit from them, I'm actually kind of glad to hear this, as I live in the south.

9. blazingazn

blazingazn Well-Known Member

Opinions on this fit and any alterations I'll need?

I have to admit the suit settled a bit from my initial opinion and does fit better but I still want a tighter fit

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

P.S. posted my own thread also, my mistake.

10. LorenzL

blazingazn, looks pretty good to me overall, just the shoulders and chest are considerably too big in my opinion! How did you input the measures?

11. mjc

mjc Well-Known Member

Shoulders are tricky to measure... you're usually wrong the first time.

- Mike

12. LorenzL

I have also noticed that Indochine's website calculates "auto suggestions" for measurments. For me, it was exactly what I measured in 90% of the cases (well, my bum is a bit bigger than it was caluclated to be...). How does that reflect your experiences?

13. coltboy75

coltboy75 Well-Known Member

Opinions on this fit and any alterations I'll need?

I have to admit the suit settled a bit from my initial opinion and does fit better but I still want a tighter fit

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

P.S. posted my own thread also, my mistake.

Did they follow your measurements or make their own additions? I was very close to buying a suit from Modern Tailor this week until I read this thread and saw the coupon from Indochino.

Does anyone know how Indochino suits compare to those from Modern Tailor? It seems Modern Tailor's suits are gaining ground on this forum, but very limited on the feedback after they are delivered.

Does Indochino have a telephone number for customer service?

14. mjc

mjc Well-Known Member

I have also noticed that Indochine's website calculates "auto suggestions" for measurments. For me, it was exactly what I measured in 90% of the cases (well, my bum is a bit bigger than it was caluclated to be...). How does that reflect your experiences?

Heh. It said my biceps were freakishly small.

But I'm tough. Scrappy! [​IMG]

- Mike

15. mjc

mjc Well-Known Member

Does Indochino have a telephone number for customer service?

Their customer service ("Angie") is very responsive, via email, if you wait a day. I assume they are in China.

- Mike

16. coltboy75

I created an account yesterday, built the suit I wanted, picked out a shirt and tie. I used the redflagdeal code adn it was applied. I did not go through the entire checkout process becuase I had a few questions to ask their customer service department. This afternoon the redflagdeal was removed, even after I tried to add it again. Has anyone else experienced this?

17. The Louche

The Louche Well-Known Member

blazingazn, looks pretty good to me overall, just the shoulders and chest are considerably too big in my opinion! How did you input the measures?

Hate to say it, but doesn't look good to me. I'd send it back. Horrible collar gap, shoulders all whacked-out, sleeve length and pitch off...

18. rotv

rotv Member

I created an account yesterday, built the suit I wanted, picked out a shirt and tie. I used the redflagdeal code adn it was applied. I did not go through the entire checkout process becuase I had a few questions to ask their customer service department. This afternoon the redflagdeal was removed, even after I tried to add it again. Has anyone else experienced this?

Ugh. I hope it still works, I was planning on ordering a navy suit tomorrow.

19. lilmann40

lilmann40 Well-Known Member

that jacket is too big overall...dang shoulders, the worst part about buying a suit lol.

20. coltboy75

This is the response I received from customer service at Indochino asking about measurements being different then what customer gave them...

Nice to hear from you.

Your suit actually goes through 4 measurement processes, 1) The measurements you take yourself, 2) Our operations tweaks your measurements based on the standard measurements of someone for your weight and height, 3) The tailor then further updates your measurements based on his years of experience of cutting suits to your height and weight. 4) Finally when we send you the suit, we then ask for any alterations or remake changes based on the suit that was sent to you to get you a perfect fit. Once our customer goes through this process once, the 2nd time around we do not make any major adjustments nor will our customer need to re-meassure themselves on future orders because you will have a perfect fitting suit measurement.

The measurements that are first submitted are never the measurements used on our suits, this is used as a base to be able to give you a perfect fitting suit and why we ask for all future updates to always be based on the items received and not your first measurements.

Also please note because our tailors may measure differently than yours, we find that measurements taken using our video measurements give a better fitting suit than those taken with local tailors.

Let us know if you have any further questions,

Thanks,

--
    Angie
    Customer Concierge
    Indochino.com
    Free Shipping & Perfect Fit Guarantee