1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Indochino suits?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by crease, Jan 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Redwoood

Redwoood Well-Known Member

As promised here are the pics.
    worth, this is probably the best-fitting Indochino suit I've seen to date (though something's not quite right with the right chest and some styling choices, e.g. waist button placement and lapel gorge/width are not to my taste) Well done. How did you arrive at the measurements you used? Did you modify them artificially to get a better fit? Did you have the suit altered ? Thanks for your input Redwoood

2. worth

worth Well-Known Member

Great to hear, thanks.

I did the measurements myself, which is probably not the best way to go, but I felt as though I was very careful while doing it.

Nothing was altered. I put in the measurements, ordered it, and it was like that out of the box.

The pants are a little tight around the waist, and on the new shirts I ordered, I made a couple adjustments around the wrists and neck, but nothing major.

3. linsook

linsook Well-Known Member

Just came out of the box. Here's the supposedly 'natural' shoulder offering. The shirt is also from them and its utter crap in material but it fits well. If not for being free I would never have gotten one. I think the shoulders still have room for improvement. My third suit from them and I am satisfied with the product you get for the price you pay. Will purchase again definitely. [​IMG]

4. weilian

weilian Well-Known Member

Just came out of the box. Here's the supposedly 'natural' shoulder offering. The shirt is also from them and its utter crap in material but it fits well. If not for being free I would never have gotten one. I think the shoulders still have room for improvement. My third suit from them and I am satisfied with the product you get for the price you pay. Will purchase again definitely. [​IMG]
    Got some funkiness going on with sleeves at the back. Pitch issue probably but hey... not bad at all...

5. Redwoood

Redwoood Well-Known Member

I'm considering ordering a tux from Indochino. I can't decide whether or not I ought to follow this guy's tips on the measurements though. http://madetomeasureny.com/indochino-measurement-tips/ I'm a pretty trim guy, at 5'9, 151, 38" chest, 30" waist

Looks like Cahlo took down the page.
    My guess is that seeing how close he is to indochino, they probably used his adjustments to reengineer their cutting process.
    Note also worth's good fit using unadjusted measurements.

Anybody who orders from indochino from now on should probably not use madetomeasureny's tweaks, or otherwise they won't be able to fit into their suit.

Redwoood

6. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Well-Known Member

Thinking about getting a Tuxedo from Indochino. Anyone know what the policy is if you can't get a good suit fit?

7. Quatsch

Quatsch Well-Known Member

Just pulled the trigger on a navy suit. I was pleased with the amount of options you have. I think I'm going to email them and request a natural shoulder and maybe let them go ahead and finish the sleeves, though I'm undecided there. Will post pics when it arrives.

Can you use that $75 alterations credit toward getting the sleeves finished and pants hemmed, I wonder?

8. linsook

They got a video up on their homepage. "Go behind the scenes for a rare glimpse at the making of an Indochino suit and follow our two-week production process from click to fit." I'm impressed how the video was put together, makes their service appear very appealing.

Stream here: http://indochino.com/
    Download here: http://69.50.228.22/indochino/indochino.f4v

9. mjc

mjc Well-Known Member

I like my Indochino suits, but I can't believe the video... pedal-powered sewing machines like my grandma had, operated by a tailor in a suit? Hmm.

- Mike

10. linsook

I like my Indochino suits, but I can't believe the video... pedal-powered sewing machines like my grandma had, operated by a tailor in a suit? Hmm.

- Mike

HAHA, ya, I found the suit amusing but the pedal-powered sewing machine is believable.

11. deep purple

deep purple New Member

I have also ordered a basic charcoal suit last week. Should have it by next week hopefully. I ordered the pants unhemmed since I am a bit particular about the length I like. So once I get the pants hemmed, I will also post some pictures. Looking forward to it. If the suit works well, I will probably order a navy and a light grey "ad man" for the summer as well....

12. linsook

I have also ordered a basic charcoal suit last week. Should have it by next week hopefully. I ordered the pants unhemmed since I am a bit particular about the length I like. So once I get the pants hemmed, I will also post some pictures. Looking forward to it. If the suit works well, I will probably order a navy and a light grey "ad man" for the summer as well....

Looking forward to the pictures.

13. musicguy

musicguy Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  14. GettinCutBro

GettinCutBro Member

I ordered the midnight blue metallic. Will post pics when it arrives [​IMG]

15. GettinCutBro

GettinCutBro Member

Anyone have pictures of indochinos slanted pockets? I plan to get this but would like to know how slanted theirs really are.

16. amplifiedheat

amplifiedheat Well-Known Member

I ordered the midnight blue metallic.
    [​IMG]

17. GettinCutBro

GettinCutBro Member

[​IMG]

Im kinda scared now lol. I hope I didnt make a really bad choice. I ordered the swatches and it just looks like a dark blue material that doesn't even shine as much as it shows online.

I plan to order about 3 more. what are some good choices? Also mine are not mainly for business or anything formal. I am 22 so kinda young and work at a seo firm where we all dress fashionable.

18. linsook

I ordered the midnight blue metallic. Will post pics when it arrives [​IMG]

You just ordered a polyester suit... cancel it!

19. Sprezzateur

Sprezzateur Member

That video with the tailor is pretty funny, and misleading. I like how he is in a pristine white studio, when in reality the tailors work in the exact shop you would expect, as seen in the videos below that I found the other day.

Clip 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvgqd...eature=related
    Clip 2:
    Clip 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h67ne...eature=related
    Clip 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVPQI...eature=related

This a 4-part series of clips taken from a Shanghai news show. The first clip shows the fabric markets. The second clip shows the workshop. In the last two videos are some pretty uninspiring comments from the founders on dress and style. All in all, makes me not want to buy another suit from them.

20. mjc

mjc Well-Known Member

You just ordered a polyester suit... cancel it!

Yeah... suits are made from wool. Or linen or mohair, in the summer. Not polyester. imho.

- Mike