1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Indochino suits?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by crease, Jan 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ddsdeebo

ddsdeebo New Member

blue sharkskin suit came in the other day. Did the suit, shirt, tie deal. Please let me know if I need any adjustments. Thanks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  2. Hramd001

Hramd001 New Member

3. Journeyman

Journeyman Well-Known Member

Have you tried wearing the suit jacket with a different shirt? I can see that the French cuffs on that shirt look quite large and that they are also probably quite stiff. As a result, it's possible that they are trapping the suit sleeves so that a) fabric is bunching up around your upper forearm and elbow and b) the sleeve looks too short as a result.

I could be wrong, but I suspect that if you try the jacket with a shirt that has button cuffs, it might sit better on your arms. It's worth a try, at least.

4. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Well-Known Member

The pants are too long. The jacket looks a tad too short. The shoulders are strange and round. I'm not sure what that's about. The body of the jacket needs shape. It's not flattering.

5. ddsdeebo

ddsdeebo New Member

just realized my 1st post went through

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  6. ddsdeebo

ddsdeebo New Member

pics fixed

7. ddsdeebo

ddsdeebo New Member

i think the arms on my suit and dress shirt at to big?

8. StormRider

StormRider Well-Known Member

The armholes and biceps look too big on the shirt. The chest and waist on the suit look too big as well. Your sleeves don't have the issues mine has. I think your tailor may be able to fix the suit issues.

9. StumpjumperE

StumpjumperE Well-Known Member

Probably one of the best fitting suits I've seen on this thread. Dig the blue sharkskin!

10. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Well-Known Member

I didn't see anything in your pics worthy of a full remake. Roll under the collar, sleeve length and pant length are pretty standard local tailor stuff. What else did you ask them to do?

11. CousinDonuts

Hem the pants, a little longer on the jacket sleeves, and stand up straight.

12. CousinDonuts

This looks good, though I see the concern noted above about the arms. The shirt should be sent back. I'd check with your tailor on the jacket. I don't see anything that warrants a re-do (because that opens a whole other can of worms). If you want to nitpick the pants, maybe just a wee bit shorter and slightly tapered on the pants - a personal preference and easy fix at the tailor.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  13. filterq

filterq Well-Known Member

I think you're going to want to get a remake on this. The shirt sleeves are an easy fix and 1 inch shouldn't be an issue, but there's other things going on with the jacket. First, it seems too tight at the waist. See the tugging you're getting at the buttoning points (folds emanating from that area), that means it's too tight. It's difficult to tell from the picture, but it looks like the sleeves are too narrow at the bottom for the french cuffs. That would cause some of the problems on the sleeves (mostly at the lower part) and the rest look to be the pitch of the sleeves. That's in part your posture and in part the suit. Suits are usually cut for a certain posture and it looks like Indochino is not cut to yours. There's more to a suit fitting you well than just the measurements being "correct", it has to suit you. You can get your measurements fixed but that doesn't mean the suit will have a good shape on your body. It's one of the problems with buying a suit on-line. You don't know if the cut is designed to flatter your body type when you order. Like I said, there's more to it than just a set of measurements.

Good luck.

14. CousinDonuts

Has anyone bought a winter coat from IC?

15. Hramd001

Hramd001 New Member

I guess no one thought my suit was worth commenting on......

16. Prof. B. Bear

Prof. B. Bear Well-Known Member

That's because you fucked up your hyperlinks. They lead to a 404. Use the tags [​IMG]

17. CousinDonuts

Jacket looks just a bit wide in the shoulders and a touch boxy from the front, though the back shows good waist suppression. Jacket length is good. Shirts could do to be a quarter or 3/8 longer. Pants length needs to be cleaned up a tad. Have your tailor take a look and make a few tweaks.

Don't bother with no shoe and non-buttoned pictures. Show the main pics - front and back - then spoiler the rest. Then don't yell at the internet for not responding withing 28 hours.

18. Hramd001

Hramd001 New Member

Pant length cleaned up, as in longer? Main pics are front and back, what are the spoilers?

19. CousinDonuts

They look long without shoes but ok with shoes so I guess i just can't tell from the one with shoes side shot. Strike my comments. Always judge with shoes.

The FAQs show how to spoiler pictures.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  20. davidonpda

davidonpda Member

Does anyone have an answer to this silly question?