1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Incredible portion size at Burger King

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by lee_44106, Sep 24, 2006.

1. someoneNew

someoneNew Well-Known Member

Stop by In & Out and order a 5x5, you'll never be happier shortening your life span.

2. lee_44106

lee_44106 Well-Known Member

Fair enough, but if you're going to eat something that's terrible for you, why not indulge in something worthwhile by going to a steakhouse or eat an entire seared foie gras? I definately love some very fattening and terrible foods, but none of them come from McDonalds or any of that. That stuff is just plain crap, but if you're still healthy then what can I say.

I do indulge in 36oz steaks, once in a while. A whole seared foie gras would be much too expensive, but the idea sounds great!

3. Aureus

Aureus Well-Known Member

In-n-Out; double-double, 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, 6x6, 10x10, 20x20 [​IMG]

4. aybojs

aybojs Well-Known Member

Fair enough, but if you're going to eat something that's terrible for you, why not indulge in something worthwhile by going to a steakhouse or eat an entire seared foie gras? I definately love some very fattening and terrible foods, but none of them come from McDonalds or any of that. That stuff is just plain crap, but if you're still healthy then what can I say.

The obvious answer is that going to a fast food joint is much quicker, cheaper, convenient in that it's easier to find one nearby and have it be open, and doesn't require all the pomp, pretention, and making dinner an event that usually accompanies fine dining. If I could go get drive-thru filet mignon (I find fois gras gross, though) at 4 am after getting off work without destroying my wallet, I'd jump at the chance, but since that's not going to happen, I can deal with fast food just fine.

5. chobochobo

chobochobo Well-Known Member

in the whole of Hong Kong and that's at the international airport, and it's beyond the departure area. I always make a point of having a double whopper with cheese whenever I fly out, but this time, since I'm going to NYC, perhaps I'll forgo it. But then what else? Chinese food? At the airport?[​IMG]

6. Gericaux

Gericaux Active Member

You will find that American fast food proportions are grossly oversized compared to even those produced by the same franschaises located in Canada. Here in Vancouver for instance, a burger would be pint-sized compared to something I would get in Cali.

Shouldn't we brag about our daily intake of fois-gras and truffles instead?

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Have you ever had a 3x3, animal style, at In'n'Out, washed down with a Vanilla shake so thick you need to wait 10 minutes in the LA sun to drink it? Pretty tasty. Don't get me wrong, I could really go for a Porterhouse with Gorgonzola butter right now, but it's a different experience altogether. Fast food can be really, really tasty.

8. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

Have you ever had a 3x3, animal style, at In'n'Out, washed down with a Vanilla shake so thick you need to wait 10 minutes in the LA sun to drink it? Pretty tasty. Don't get me wrong, I could really go for a Porterhouse with Gorgonzola butter right now, but it's a different experience altogether. Fast food can be really, really tasty.
    I completely agree. That's why I feel like stabbing people who think In'n'out is just "ok." The quality/taste is by far better than more expensive burgers I've had at sit-down places. They are simply the kings of fast food.

9. redcaimen

redcaimen Well-Known Member

Case in point:

[​IMG]

That said, I think the Whopper is actually pretty good for a fast food item, as are some of the Wendy's food items. (And I happen to have a soft spot for that Arby's roast beef...) But if you want to try and eat healthy at a fast food place, that's more of an option now than it ever was. The main customer still remains though: people who aren't calorie counters who want something greasy and tasty. That's why these places are still around and not going away.

If the McRib sandwhich is wrong then I dont want to be right!

10. JaredK7

JaredK7 Active Member

even though I know that it's this kind of thing that is killing America, it's hard to resist more meat

11. dryice

dryice Well-Known Member

incredible? i appreciate burger king looking out for the hungry man. i can't wait for them to release a quad whopper with 8 strips of bacon. just make sure to have crazy sex afterwards...

12. Arnold_Horseshack

Arnold_Horseshack Well-Known Member

at the restaurant ware im asst manager we got a lotta specials we call em dinner plates...for 5.25 ya get 3/4 of a chicken a salad fries onionrings and dessert and some people eat 2 of em!!!!!!

13. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

Americans are weird

14. VMan

VMan Well-Known Member

at the restaurant ware im asst manager we got a lotta specials we call em dinner plates...for 5.25 ya get 3/4 of a chicken a salad fries onionrings and dessert and some people eat 2 of em!!!!!!

I've never heard of getting 3/4 of a chicken - usually its just 1/2 or a whole one. What part do you remove?

15. willi

willi New Member

Woww. I'm impressed. I have the feeling that "supersize me" was, in fact, a gross understatement of the real situation.

I heard a lot of revealing thoughts:
    - 3x/month is "rarely" -> make that 3x/year for me ;-)
    - Chickens come in strange fractions (OK, if you do not really take one real chicken as basis but instead use processed meat-fragments from maybe a thousand, and then just take 3/4 of the mean amount of meat of one chicken out of that pulp and roughly form it into stripes, together with edible glue and lots of artificial flavours (reformed meat, just like a patty), then that might work) -> I prefer the real thing. Rip the juicy meat right off the bone.
    - and the more the better -> OK, that one is true for me, also - 3x/year, skipping more than just the dinner after

Considering it all makes me feel like a real European [​IMG]

OK, you win. Your Burger definitely is longer than mine [​IMG]

BTW, I am really impressed that anybody manages to maintain a BMI of 26 under these circumstances!

16. Pink22m

Pink22m Well-Known Member

Burger King is just plain gross.

17. Arnold_Horseshack

I've never heard of getting 3/4 of a chicken - usually its just 1/2 or a whole one. What part do you remove?

hi versaseman!!!! well the chicken dont have all the parts to it!!! head and feet are gone when we get it!!!! it comes frozen in parts for us we say 3/4 chicken which is 1 breast 2 wings 2 legs and 1 thigh but each chicken really comes with 2 breast and 2 thighs when its a life......lol.....

18. Arnold_Horseshack

Americans are weird

america rulez!!!!!
    [​IMG]