1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Inappropriate (and weird) after 30

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by DeadDJ, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Bradford

Bradford Well-Known Member

So, being as I'm 40 now, should I be getting rid of my Abercrombie t-shirts? I still like my ripped-up AE jeans and my flip-flops.

2. khaki sack

khaki sack Well-Known Member

What a freak show. Sad to say, I see 60 year olds in jeans and flip-flops all the time. These guys are attorneys, surgeons, entrepreneurs.

I barely remember A&F in its pre homo days. Needless to say I don't shop there. But...I think it's great that they've put one over on the ebonics-talking, MTV-watching, rap star-worhipping demographic, conscripting an entire generation of college kids into worshipping a white ideal.

3. skalogre

skalogre Well-Known Member

What a freak show. Sad to say, I see 60 year olds in jeans and flip-flops all the time. These guys are attorneys, surgeons, entrepreneurs. I barely remember A&F in its pre homo days. Needless to say I don't shop there. But...I think it's great that they've put one over on the ebonics-talking, MTV-watching, rap star-worhipping demographic, conscripting an entire generation of college kids into worshipping a white ideal.
    The Great White Troll surfaces. Forgot your sheet? P.s. if THAT is a white ideal, holy crap, all the gringos here better get a good suntan pronto.

4. khaki sack

khaki sack Well-Known Member

WTF are you talking about?

5. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

What a freak show. Sad to say, I see 60 year olds in jeans and flip-flops all the time. These guys are attorneys, surgeons, entrepreneurs.

I barely remember A&F in its pre homo days. Needless to say I don't shop there. But...I think it's great that they've put one over on the ebonics-talking, MTV-watching, rap star-worhipping demographic, conscripting an entire generation of college kids into worshipping a white ideal.

That's it, I'm now officially black! My ordering my iced-out escalade as we speak, it'll match my goldplated AKs.

6. skalogre

That's it, I'm now officially black! My ordering my iced-out escalade as we speak, it'll match my goldplated AKs.
    Sorry, I know you aren't. By your post alone, as it was not in ebonics, as khaki sack stipulated, you're out. No half measures! P.s. and here I thought that mattjames was gone forever [​IMG] !

7. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

You should start hanging out with interesting people....

8. migo

migo Well-Known Member

Seriously, wtf is wrong with his face. It looks like photoshop.

[​IMG]

What a creep.

9. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Well-Known Member

I'm going to have nightmares about that guys creepy looking dude. I thought he was maybe 40, 61 years old and looking like that, that's just disgusting.

10. slycedbred

slycedbred Well-Known Member

A&F...filth =(

11. RyJ Maduro

RyJ Maduro Well-Known Member

...it'll match my goldplated AKs.

Sounds a bit more like Baathist-chic than ghetto.[​IMG]

12. The_Game07

The_Game07 Well-Known Member

Looks like Sloth from The Goonies....

13. strazzaque

strazzaque Well-Known Member

No offense but this look should not be appropriate at any age!

I strongly disagree with you. Here in Oz, that is quite a common look during the warmer months.

I have seen it in many other countries, too, and while it can be done poorly, more often than not, it successfully blends comfort with an air of not having to try too hard. That might just be an attitude, though.

I'd be interested to know how people in your part of the world express the above mix.

14. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

What about the inappropriate before 30?

Conne, LK...you around?

I don't roleplay sorry.

15. binge

binge Well-Known Member

No offense but this look should not be appropriate at any age!

Unless your name is Jay Adams and it's circa 1979...

16. ccffm1

ccffm1 Well-Known Member

What kind of place is that? Neverland Ranch for employees?

17. billiebob

billiebob Well-Known Member

So this guy has had some surgery then? Or is he naturally scary?

18. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Well-Known Member

Leather uppers, balance man-made materials.

19. skalogre

Leather uppers, balance man-made materials.

HAHAHA

20. BigE501

BigE501 Member

Worth millions huh.I wouldn't dress that way if i were his age but no opinion of mine will change the fact that he is stinking rich.