• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

in stitches vs Orgetorix - Fit Battle 2/20/13

Who wins?

• in stitches

Votes: 33 21.0%
  • Orgetorix

Votes: 124 79.0%

• Total voters

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

:fonz:
LOL, you go the opposite to me. I first decide on the pants and shoes I will wear and then fit a shirt tie jacket around it. It seems neither of us have time to try on 10 different combos to work out what looks best for a given day. I have taken to suits more lately since half the battle is won and choices are plainly obvious.
Such is life although I would not mind a 2 hour slot in which to play dress up just me and the mirror or audience :embar::hide:

actually, i usually do start with my pants, and work from there. not even sure why, its just how things developed. i think maybe it forces me to use different SCs, or id be reaching for the same few every time. happened to be i was itching for the SC/tie pairing so i started there, gotta change things up from time to time, lol. the most i have time to try out is holding up two ties to my jacket.

i wish i had more suits. :(

Let me guess. The good taste thread is where it's at...
anyway stitches... U lost this one but I still love us :air kisses:

:inlove: always.

Stitchy, take my criticisms with a grain of salt. This is really not a bad fit by any stretch.
I do really like this organic fit battle. It's a great idea, and fun.

was not offended in the least, homeslice.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think these are both excellent fits. Really the only differences are the proportions, pants break/cuff show, shirt collar, and choice of footwear.

And Quadcammer, that was a douchenozzle thing to say.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks, j.

btw, if you look close, you can see cuff on my right sleeve. left sleeve is held up by my large watch. :)

SHS

Reaction score
I don't know if this is true or not, but perhaps your tie is too small Stitchy? Maybe it would look better with a wider one with your frame. Orge's tie looks wider by comparison, and more in harmony with his lapels IMO. But he is also cheating of course, showing that much of the tie when he can't button his coat. :)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it is indeed my thinnest tie. only one i wear that is this thin. :)

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You did well with choosing the three button sport coat / jacket and utilizing solid colors here. Good coordination and fit.

Would have preferred the jacket buttoned in the middle. If jacket a touch too small, 50bucks would fix that since there should be an inch or so of let out room a tailor could utilize.

Dieting for another few weeks is cheaper. :) I just gotta get past the -20lb plateau :embar:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IS has bad camera angle working against him.

O is one of the better dressers on this forum. Not as good as the Asian crew, but far better than the Reddit crowd.

Makoto Chan

Reaction score

I don't think in_stitches's fit is as off as its being portrayed in some comments here, but I do think Orgetorix does better on a number of details. The square, the pant cuffs, he has a nice bit of shirt cuff showing. I like the check on in_stitches's coat, but I think it does go to Orgetorix overall, with the square versus lack of square being the tipping point.

All this. By the way, I like to notice that Org has a much nicer lapel roll, he's tailored his jacket sleeves much nicer, and the collar on his shirt is just beautiful.

Org seems to be a great dresser and a good example to follow. He has a pretty simple palette, gets things that fit him right (i.e. choosing carefully and tailoring correctly), and is able to look very elegant, even though he's a pretty ordinary-lookin guy in ordinary shape.

Also, yes, his photo is a lot better than Stitchy's.

I have really enjoyed following O's blog, and am shocked at how he finds all these great fitting clothes through thrifting and ebay, although that's a different topic.

Last edited:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

thanks, j.

btw, if you look close, you can see cuff on my right sleeve. left sleeve is held up by my large watch. :)

Y U NO SHOW CUFFS?!?!?! :deadhorse:

:hide:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Y U NO SHOW CUFFS?!?!?! :deadhorse:
:hide:

lol you are a turd.

my sleeves are tailored perfectly imo. :)

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

lol you are a turd.

my sleeves are tailored perfectly imo. :)

i cannot believe you would resort to photoshopping stitch. the cuffs are obviously not showing in the first pic. tsk tsk. n00b.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads