1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Importance of High School/Prep School Alumni Associations?

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by merkur, Aug 16, 2010.

1. merkur

merkur Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  2. Milpool

Milpool Well-Known Member

Like anything, it depends.

My high school alumni association (I don't think there is one actually, but for the purposes of this post I'll pretend there is one) would probably only be useful for getting jobs digging ditches, picking garbage up off the street, and that is probably about all.

3. Dingo

Dingo Member

I use my school networks all the time, not so much for jobs, as for making business connections.

4. Xericx

Xericx Well-Known Member

I've never personally used it because I don't live in the city where I went to high school. however, if I did, it might be good since I went to a prestigious high school and they always have professional networking events for alumni. It might be a lot of work to keep up, but in a smaller city/community, it probably wouldn't hurt.