1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

I'm sick of converse

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by GoonerPride, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Gaius Pompeius Trimalchio

Gaius Pompeius Trimalchio Well-Known Member

Great shoe. Has anyone found them anyplace other than ranshop.co.uk?

2. j

j Well-Known Member

I think that was where I found the pic. Pretty hard to search for.

3. Gaius Pompeius Trimalchio

Seriously! Kind of like looking for a John Lobb "John" model on a Lobb last.

4. Gaius Pompeius Trimalchio

5. Tarmac

Tarmac Well-Known Member

I think its kinda unfair to say you are sick of chucks. Its kinda like saying you are sick of jeans.

anyway, there are plenty of alternatives out there. but they all are chuck inspired. this is me:

[​IMG]

6. greg_atlanta

greg_atlanta Well-Known Member

Chucks are evolving from eurotrash to asiatrash.

7. capnpyro

capnpyro Well-Known Member

I stopped by a Lacoste store and asked if they had it, the girl said no but a company called 'Pentland' makes all of their shoes. I should be able to take the Rene model number (11clm1025) and get the shoe from Pentland direct. I'm stuck here if anyone wants to investigate out how to order the damn shoes stateside further. http://www.pentland.com/brands_result.php?brandID=6 [Edit: Sent an email to the Pentland Lacoste email heh.]

8. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I was listening to Abbey Road today, and looked at the album cover and noticed John Lennons shoes. I was wondering if any of you folks knew what brand/model they were

here is a link to the cover art

9. sonick

sonick Well-Known Member

10. fortune

fortune Well-Known Member

I stopped by a Lacoste store and asked if they had it, the girl said no but a company called 'Pentland' makes all of their shoes. I should be able to take the Rene model number (11clm1025) and get the shoe from Pentland direct. I'm stuck here if anyone wants to investigate out how to order the damn shoes stateside further. http://www.pentland.com/brands_result.php?brandID=6 [Edit: Sent an email to the Pentland Lacoste email heh.]
    if we can find someone in the UK willing to give 'em a call we could figure out who would stock them stateside, right? anyone up for it? wait after checking the lacoste site for the Rene's and seeing who stocks in the US there's a number: 800-800-2206. Not sure if that's Lacostes number but it says to find a footwear retailer call P.B. Footwear USA, and that's the number listed along with a customer service number. The first number is in new york if anyone can give them a call. I'm really interested in a pair of those.

11. Augusto86

Augusto86 Well-Known Member

I think its kinda unfair to say you are sick of chucks. Its kinda like saying you are sick of jeans.

anyway, there are plenty of alternatives out there. but they all are chuck inspired. this is me:

I don't think that's remotely the same. Jeans encompass about 90% of the current generation's wear for everything from housework to semi-formal. Chuck's are just hipster uniform.

You can wear chelseas, chukkas, wingtips, any variety of sneakers that have nothing to do with Chucks like Mexico 66s, Nike, etc., etc....

I don't see why everyone likes Chucks so much because they are, in my limited experience, not that comfortable.

Although I live in Boston and canvas shoes there is basically crazy.

12. fortune

fortune Well-Known Member

I don't think that's remotely the same. Jeans encompass about 90% of the current generation's wear for everything from housework to semi-formal. Chuck's are just hipster uniform.

You can wear chelseas, chukkas, wingtips, any variety of sneakers that have nothing to do with Chucks like Mexico 66s, Nike, etc., etc....

I don't see why everyone likes Chucks so much because they are, in my limited experience, not that comfortable.

Although I live in Boston and canvas shoes there is basically crazy.

the reason why i don't like chucks is not because they're a fad/trend, much like my beloved vans are, it's that the commoner(yeah hey there it's nice up here on my podium) will wear them and i'd see them at the same time with mine on, and i'd feel a little less 'stylish' than previous. but atleast with my vans, i've noticed that it's more restricted, atleast from what i've seen, to those with atleast a somewhat developed sense of style. but then again, rarely do i ever get out of this god forbidden city.

13. luvmalik

luvmalik Well-Known Member

i hate converse. nike and puma are way betta than converse. they are terrible

14. Eric Stoner

Eric Stoner Well-Known Member

Anyone seen the APC x Nikes? Nice, simple alternative if you don't mind the Nike swoosh.

15. thefir

thefir Well-Known Member

16. modual

modual Well-Known Member

Spring courts are really nice. They go great with Apc ns

17. The False Prophet

The False Prophet Well-Known Member

I like the look of mine, but don't really find them very comfortable compared to the bulk of shoes out there...

18. sammyjoe1

sammyjoe1 Member

Hi I used to live in the black ones, I tend to relax wearing Kswiss more nowadays.
    sammyjoe

19. bigskydream

bigskydream Well-Known Member

what do you all think of this shoe as an alternative to converse?
    [​IMG]

20. hollaforadolla

hollaforadolla Well-Known Member

They're Springcourts:
    http://www.retrotogo.com/2006/12/spring_court_le.html

Serge Gainsbourg wore them too, interesting.

whiteplimsoll.com is claiming they are plimsolls

[​IMG]

they are really nice summer shoes though and replacement for converse. my only complaint is that the sole is rather flimsy...

[​IMG]