1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

If you wear Creed, kindly get ITT

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GentryLtd, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Big Texas

Big Texas Well-Known Member

Does Creed offer anything by way of a light, slightly citrusy vetiver scent? I'm thinking something similar to Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver, but hopefully with a bit more staying power.

2. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Well-Known Member

2004's Original Vetiver

Its light with citrus as opposed to say FM's veviter extraordinaire which is earthy roots and doesn't have the sparkle that some of creeds green scents do. Unfortunately longevity and sillage for this one doesn't look to be its strong point for most.

3. brokencycle

brokencycle Well-Known Member

I understand I can order samples online, but do stores sell it that might have samples?

4. bboysdontcryy

bboysdontcryy Well-Known Member

I use the Royal Oud and English Leather. Does nobody like it? I do recommend that the OP goes and get a whiff of the scents, however.

5. bboysdontcryy

bboysdontcryy Well-Known Member

Repeat post

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  6. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Well-Known Member

Most stores carry samples of what they sell, if not, plenty of them have offered to make me samples in the absence an official sample. Go to a store like Neimans, be nice and honest with your fragrance sales associate, and ask for some after you selected the ones you like. It doesn't hurt to buy something either... :)

7. Latour

Latour Active Member

You never wear a scent but then name the most expensive lol

8. Latour

Latour Active Member

I just call the salesgirl at Saks and tell her to send me any samples I want.

9. Latour

Latour Active Member

That just means they are different ages.This stuff needs to be used within a year or two or it begins to become rancid.That $20 bottle of Creed at the "bargain" outlet is past its prime from laying on the shelf and is worth 0

10. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Well-Known Member

where did you purchase the tom Ford. I'd like to try it before dropping $250 on a bottle.

11. msulinski

msulinski Well-Known Member

Try visiting basenotes.net and getting in on a split. You should have no trouble finding a Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille or Tuscan Leather split.

12. CaymanS

CaymanS Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Tabarome if you want something deeply masculine. Incredible tobacco notes.

Imperial if you simply want the best. Originally created for the King of Saudi and made available to the public only after they begged and cried for it, it is truly the bottom bitch of colognes - try whatever else you want, but you will always come back to this one.

Warning: your girlfriend will steal this and wear this and it will smell fucking awesome on her, too...you've been forewarned :nodding:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  13. applied

applied Member

Nieman's will give you a very generous (free) sample of Tom Ford cologne. It can probably last you a couple of months.

14. msulinski

msulinski Well-Known Member

I have been unable to get a sample from Nieman, but Sak's has always been generous. They don't always offer it, so you may have to ask. Just tell them you need to see how it smells on your skin, but that you are already wearing something else and don't want to mix.

15. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Well-Known Member

I will add to this, some Saks stores carry TF, you can sample from there as well.

Personally, i emailed the TF website, asking for samples. They arranged for me to talk with the TF boutique in NY. They were kind enough to send me samples of the entire private blend line, free of charge. Their generous help has won my loyalty ever since..

16. gyasih

gyasih Well-Known Member

^nice, all they sent me was one sample.

17. Big Texas

Big Texas Well-Known Member

So that explains why samples always seem to turn up on eBay for, like, $50 a vial. Hopefully there aren't enough exploiters out there to ruin this.

18. Osiris2012

Not the case my friend, if they are stored correctly they can last for many years with the exception of the top notes which can dissipate in the early years. As for the batch variations with Creed go look at basenotes.

19. Osiris2012

Yeah I second that, keep an eye out for Kron / PalmBeach/ Herperd's splits. I don't think any Tuscan leather splits are running at the moment but just ask, there's usually demand for them.

20. Dapper Edition

Dapper Edition Active Member

Creed Silver Mountain Water has been my signature scent for 4 years now. Never wore something else since then!