1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

If, and How, You Wear Corduroy Pants

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mensimageconsultant, Sep 17, 2008.

1. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

When the temp gets below 50F, that's when I sport the chords. Always casual with some type of heavy cotton shirt. Jacket when it's really cold.
    I also wait until the weather turns cool before wearing my cords. I pair them with an oxford shirt and sweater or casual jacket.

2. crazyquik

crazyquik Well-Known Member

I start wearing them when the leaves begin to change, and wear them until Easter. Usually with an OCBD and a sweater. Occasionally with an odd jacket, usually tweed. My cords are all very Orvis-ish though.

3. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Well-Known Member

I don't wear cords. The thought of them reminds me of when I was 4 years old and my mom would dress me in brown cords. I wasn't particularly fond of them. Plus the only people I see wearing cords now are old men.

4. Journeyman

Journeyman Well-Known Member

I love wide-wale corduroy trousers in winter.
    I have a couple of pairs, in a chestnut colour and in navy.
    I wear them with an odd jacket (usually cashmere in either a donegal tweed or herringbone weave), with micro-check shirts, ideally worn with a knit or woollen tie, and typically either my suede, captoe Tramezza or a pair of brown, wingtip boots by Loake.

5. arvidg

arvidg Well-Known Member

I voted yes, even if I haven't worn corduroy pants for a while. I will once I get a pair that fits again...

I must say I vastly more often wear a corduroy jacket, though. Corduroy SC with jeans? That would be me.

6. animatedude

animatedude Member

Can you wear Corduroy pants with Corduroy shirt? lol

i have Corduroy black pants, can i wear Burgundy Corduroy shirt with that?

7. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Well-Known Member

Probably not. It sounds like the corduroy version of the Canadian tuxedo.