1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ice Hockey

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Stazy, Oct 22, 2006.

1. HEWSINATOR

HEWSINATOR Well-Known Member

I guess fighting like that is why the play in Europe? What was with that foresome? Red looks to be the first team to go third man in.

2. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

KHL bench clearing fight...Something like 681 penalty minutes or something stupid. Jagr is number 68 for the white team. lol

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

That was awesome. You noticed it was a North American who started the whole thing...lol

3. ryoneo

ryoneo Well-Known Member

That was awesome. You noticed it was a North American who started the whole thing...lol

+1 that was fun to watch. You just don't get to see a lot of those anymore.

4. Teacher

Teacher Well-Known Member

Wow...I've never seen anything even close to those numbers before.

5. Philip1978

Philip1978 Well-Known Member

I like how the goalies are just standing around talking. [​IMG]

6. Teacher

I like how the goalies are just standing around talking. [​IMG]

What I thought was even funnier was several times two guys would start fighting just because they seemed to think they should. Like, they'd be standing around doing absolutely nothing, and they'd notice each other, and casually skate over as if they were saying "Well, I'm not busy, and I guess you're not busy, so...."

7. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

That was the least enthusiastic brawl I have ever seen. Those guys want no part of each other. If the NHL is worried about the KHL poaching players maybe they should just send Rick Rypien over there, there won't be a league anymore at the end of the season the way those guys fight.

8. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Well-Known Member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    I was at a college hockey game years and years and years ago when a huge donnybrook broke out. Both benches cleared, the fights spread into the penalty boxes, the benches, and eventually up into the stands! A couple of fans jumped one of the visiting players and all hell broke loose from there.

I still don't understand how drunk someone would have to be to attack a larger man, armed with a stick and wearing razor-sharp blades on his shoes.

9. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

^He would have to be pretty stupid to use his stick or his skates; he'd be arrested for that. Not to mention get the shit kicked out of him next time he played. You have to back it up, or you end up like Steve Moore.

10. Dakota rube

^He would have to be pretty stupid to use his stick or his skates; he'd be arrested for that. Not to mention get the shit kicked out of him next time he played. You have to back it up, or you end up like Steve Moore.

As I said, this was like 40 years ago.
    People didn't get arrested unless they killed someone.

11. Teacher

I was at a college hockey game years and years and years ago when a huge donnybrook broke out. Both benches cleared, the fights spread into the penalty boxes, the benches, and eventually up into the stands! A couple of fans jumped one of the visiting players and all hell broke loose from there.

Are you referring to "the waterbottle fight?" That was classic.

12. Dakota rube

^No, the one I am recalling is much older than that. In the old quonset on UND campus.
    But the waterbottle incident is legendary. And to think that guy is a coach now!

13. ryoneo

ryoneo Well-Known Member

I was at a college hockey game years and years and years ago when a huge donnybrook broke out. Both benches cleared, the fights spread into the penalty boxes, the benches, and eventually up into the stands! A couple of fans jumped one of the visiting players and all hell broke loose from there. I still don't understand how drunk someone would have to be to attack a larger man, armed with a stick and wearing razor-sharp blades on his shoes.
    When I read this, I quickly remember this incident in Philly.

14. HEWSINATOR

HEWSINATOR Well-Known Member

What I thought was even funnier was several times two guys would start fighting just because they seemed to think they should. Like, they'd be standing around doing absolutely nothing, and they'd notice each other, and casually skate over as if they were saying "Well, I'm not busy, and I guess you're not busy, so...."

That is what happens in a brawl. The guy you end paired up with probably has nothing tying him to you that makes you want to fight than proximity.

15. Teacher

That is what happens in a brawl. The guy you end paired up with probably has nothing tying him to you that makes you want to fight than proximity.

I'm talking about their attitudes, though. Usually in a brawl, they run at each other with some intensity. Here, they just amble over as if they were going to ask the other guy for some gum.

16. Philip1978

Philip1978 Well-Known Member

I'm talking about their attitudes, though. Usually in a brawl, they run at each other with some intensity. Here, they just amble over as if they were going to ask the other guy for some gum.

[​IMG]

17. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

REFEREE-GATE! ... no, the OTHER refereegate! http://tsn.ca/blogs/?id=305809 1. Auger should be fired, 2. Nothing will happen to Auger, 3. Burrows / The Canucks will get destroyed by the officials for the rest of the year for calling out a member of the fraternity.
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

18. NewYorkIslander

REFEREE-GATE!

... no, the OTHER refereegate!

http://tsn.ca/blogs/?id=305809

1. Auger should be fired,
    2. Nothing will happen to Auger,
    3. Burrows / The Canucks will get destroyed by the officials for the rest of the year for calling out a member of the fraternity.

+1000

Gary Bettman and his mafia will make people disappear

19. NewYorkIslander

Anybody else watching the Rangers/Devils on Vs? This is a classic...reminds me of their game 7 in 1994

20. ryoneo

ryoneo Well-Known Member

Anybody else watching the Rangers/Devils on Vs? This is a classic...reminds me of their game 7 in 1994

Yea, might be a double shutout game.