• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ice Hockey

bjan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryoneo
That was a really scummy move on Alexi's part, to move to a rival team like that.... and the Sen's?! Really?! Heatley keeps wanting to say that he wants to move out west.... but no one is really giving offers

Even tougher to move Heatley now with the spotlight being shone on his questionable character.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Gaborik can make a difference, if he stays healthy and plays like he did before he got hurt. If that happens, you have an goal scoring talent who can measure up to Malkin and Ovechkin. He is actually that good. He's just made of glass.

IF he stays healthy. IF!

Signed,

Disgruntled Wild Fan

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Me too, but damn do I love watching him play, and have boat loads of fun.

yeah, I agree, I will gladly turn on a Caps game just to watch that team. I didn't mind when they beat the Rangers, it was a great series to watch.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
yeah, I agree, I will gladly turn on a Caps game just to watch that team. I didn't mind when they beat the Rangers, it was a great series to watch.

I was game 4 when Ovech had like 15 shots...he's sick...but when Lundquist made that glove save on Semin the crowd leaped like a goal was scored...one of the louder games I've been at (Season ticket holder since the lockout)

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
I was game 4 when Ovech had like 15 shots...he's sick...but when Lundquist made that glove save on Semin the crowd leaped like a goal was scored...one of the louder games I've been at (Season ticket holder since the lockout)

oof, jealousy with the season tickets. I had a very promising source for many Rangers tickets this year. And then motherfucking TARP happened, so bye bye employee tickets.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
News:

Joe Sakic is officially retiring after 20 seasons.

Pronger signed a 7 year extension with the Flyers!

Casual

Reaction score
Pronger signed a 7 year extension with the Flyers!

$4.95 cap hit a season, Homer knows what he's doing
thumbs-up.gif

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Casual
$4.95 cap hit a season, Homer knows what he's doing
thumbs-up.gif

smart move. Now if only he could dump the alarmingly stupid Briere contract.

Casual

Reaction score
I doubt he plays all 7 seasons though.
Probably not. I've been reading about whether or not he'd be off the cap because of his age.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I doubt he plays all 7 seasons though.

oh, of course not... but still, its good to have him for that long.

smart move. Now if only he could dump the alarmingly stupid Briere contract.

I wish.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
God I wish the Oilers would sign someone.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

I wish.

I remember how upset Buffalo fans were when he bolted (I like Buffalo, I was ticked too) and we thought Regier was an idiot. He may be an idiot, but he's was smart enough to know that Briere was absolutely not worth $7M+ a year.

Casual

Reaction score
I remember how upset Buffalo fans were when he bolted (I like Buffalo, I was ticked too) and we thought Regier was an idiot. He may be an idiot, but he's was smart enough to know that Briere was absolutely not worth $7M+ a year.

I'm not saying he is worth that, but one could argue his $6 million/year cap hit is reasonable considering the market.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads