1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

I need advice on how to snag a lady.

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Connemara, Jul 15, 2007.

1. tiecollector

tiecollector Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  2. Soph

Soph Well-Known Member

_______________ this one girl ____________ = hopeless.

Sorry to be brutal about it but the only chance you'll get this girl is if she sees you (not you tell her about) DATING other girls with the clear impression that you are sleeping with them. And you can't be doing that just to try to get "this one girl", that doesn't work.

Maybe...with Conn it probably would work great. If you are too good with your game, it can work against you with certain more astute girls.

3. tiecollector

4. Soph

Soph Well-Known Member

Yes this happened to me a few years ago, right before I was with my ex. I was to the point where I had nothing to lose and in the end was rejected by this one chick I liked because she labeled me a player, which wasn't the case.

Yep, I've had to work harder on a couple of girls because their perception is their reality. If they didn't have so much I really like I wouldn't care. Even though I was not dating them they both have seen me out with other girls and in fact, I was out with one and accidently ran into the other. One girl politely excused herself and when she came back to the table she had popped her breasts, put her hair down, and put makeup on it was amazing. So the other girl actually comes up behind us and says 'pimp' to me behind theother girl. Funny as hell BUT, While it did stir major competition among the two eventually they both have major issues that I will not be faithful and be done with them an on to the next girl.

The smarter girls analyze you in line with what they are looking for. So if they want a serious, longer term relationship they will not necessarily give in to their jealously/competitiveness in order just to win a game so to speak. But you can end up with them in one night ironically when you least expect it.

5. seanchai

seanchai Well-Known Member

I didn't know people used the words "made out" anymore. Anyways, congrats on the grinding.

What do people call it nowadays?

6. Hanseat

Hanseat Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for this thread...

----THIS IS A TRUE STORY AS MADE UP AS IT MAY SOUND---

Funny thing happened to me last Friday (last day of the semester):

It was around 1.30 PM and I was walking back home, carrying a laptop.
    On the way I was walking past these two girls -somewhat drunk but not overly- and the one said to her friend in a way that I was obviously supposed to overhear it that I must be either a med or a law student (which is what I am and yes, I do look like that- boat shoes, neat blue jeans, polo shirt, rimless glasses and neat hair).
    I figured what the heck and turned around, got them in a conversation and the one thought I was a med student from a higher semester so she had seen me before (but again just a generic look). This one girl wanted to go to another club, so we eventually went there (5 min walk), she didn't want to pay six bucks for admission and said she wanted to go home (her friend already went home by then).
    And this is where you guys come into play:
    I asked her whether I should come with her because to me that was the obvious intend for so obviously trying to chat me up. Turns out that was okay with her. [​IMG]

Lesson learned: 5 minutes of stupid bullshitting and then asking outright for what you want works better than 50 bucks and 5 hours for a halfway entertaining evening program. [​IMG]

7. GQgeek

GQgeek Well-Known Member

On the way I was walking past these two girls -somewhat drunk but not overly- and the one said to her friend in a way that I was obviously supposed to overhear it that I must be either a med or a law student (which is what I am and yes, I do look like that- boat shoes, neat blue jeans, polo shirt, rimless glasses and neat hair).
    I figured what the heck and turned around, got them in a conversation and the one thought I was a med student from a higher semester so she had seen me before (but again just a generic look). This one girl wanted to go to another club, so we eventually went there (5 min walk), she didn't want to pay six bucks for admission and said she wanted to go home (her friend already went home by then).
    I asked her whether I should come with her because to me that was the obvious intend for so obviously trying to chat me up. Turns out that was okay with her. [​IMG]

Lesson learned: 5 minutes of stupid bullshitting and then asking outright for what you want works better than 50 bucks and 5 hours for a halfway entertaining evening program. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ed will be proud, I'm sure. Conne, what you need to learn from this is to attend medical school. That Dr. title is catnip for teh bitches!

8. odoreater

odoreater Well-Known Member

What do people call it nowadays?

hooking up

9. Brian278

Brian278 Well-Known Member

hooking up

That's what hooking up meant in middle/high school, then it usually meant anything in between kissing and intercourse, now it usually means sex. At least that's how it went in my social circle. So I think "made out" made a comeback when hooking up started to mean something else.

As in "Did you hook up with Conne?" "No, we just made out a little, then I went and screwed my brother's best friend." or "I saw you making out with that chick, did nail her?" "No, she left to hook up with another guy."

10. DNW

DNW Well-Known Member

You do us proud, doc! [​IMG]

11. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

I didn't know people used the words "made out" anymore. Anyways, congrats on the grinding.

Sickeningly, a lot of girls I know just say "M.O." Like, "Ohmygawd, I totally M.O.'d with him last night!"

Oh wait, that's what edmorel says.

12. odoreater

Sickeningly, a lot of girls I know just say "M.O." Like, "Ohmygawd, I totally M.O.'d with him last night!"

Oh wait, that's what edmorel says.

Better than "Ohmygawd I totally M.O.'d with him and his roommate last night" I suppose.

13. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

Better than "Ohmygawd I totally M.O.'d with him and his roommate last night" I suppose.
    Better only if the roommate is male

14. Hanseat

Hanseat Well-Known Member

Btw- Connemara, I'm about your age (just turned 20) and it's ridiculously easy to pull off. Give it a try, anywhere in college should be fine. (Unless you guys get sued for sexual harassment over that, that is). I didn't think myself that this would work but had a relaxed attitude about it which helped.

Maybe that came out unclear but I'm a law student and this girl is a med student.

Doing the whole 'I'm a doctor and that's sexy'-routine is a very successful move, which I have seen often times put into practice as well, though.

15. tiecollector

hooking up

I think you are a generation behind. I believe "hooking up" now means any sexual act, since apparently sex is the new 2nd base.

16. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

Making out is still used. Making out is intense kissing, and can be some touching.

Hooked up is a generic, overgeneralized term. Can mean sex, can mean making out, generally it means something inbetween sex and making out. (Blowjobs, etc.). Although to lighten or enhance the effect of telling someone you boned someone else, it can be effective.

Like if someone says, "did you hook up with that girl?" You can say "yes." You may have only made out with her, but they dont know. They probably think the best.

On the other hand, someone might say "Yea, I hooked up with your sister, sorry." When in fact, they pounded her like a meat tenderizer. They are using the ambiguity to their advantage, hopefully the brother will think it was just making out.

17. odoreater

That's what hooking up meant in middle/high school, then it usually meant anything in between kissing and intercourse, now it usually means sex. At least that's how it went in my social circle. So I think "made out" made a comeback when hooking up started to mean something else.

As in "Did you hook up with Conne?" "No, we just made out a little, then I went and screwed my brother's best friend." or "I saw you making out with that chick, did nail her?" "No, she left to hook up with another guy."

I think you are a generation behind. I believe "hooking up" now means any sexual act, since apparently sex is the new 2nd base.

Damn, I must be getting old and behind the times. Honestly, I'm glad not to have to play that game anymore.

18. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

Damn, I must be getting old and behind the times. Honestly, I'm glad not to have to play that game anymore.

The game is only a pain in the ass when you're losing, IMO. When youre on top of things its the most fun thing you can do.

19. Alter

Alter Well-Known Member

apparently sex is the new 2nd base.

Super LOL [​IMG]

20. tiecollector