1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

I need a new casual coat that will make me stand out - Any recommendations?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by The Dentist, Apr 27, 2013.

1. The Dentist

The Dentist Well-Known Member

I want something dark, black or dark blue. It should be appropriate for all weather conditions (Except summer obviously) and I should be able to wear it all year long without looking like an idiot. It must be extremely durable and the hardware must be made of metal, not plastic. Brass preferably. Any recommendations?

PS: I live in Europe.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  2. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

3. ironduke

ironduke Well-Known Member

I do not think that kind of coat exists... Buy milspec polyester/cotton blend m-65 if you really like super durable ubiquitous 4 season jacket.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  4. max_r

max_r Well-Known Member

5. The Dentist

The Dentist Well-Known Member

I understand, I did not mean to clutter, however this is not a quick question as the requirements are very specific. Making a thread instead of a post will make the information easier to find should someone come here looking for something similar some day. Besides a separate thread has more visual pull, kind of like a gigantic billboard versus an ad e-mail. Which is more effective?

6. Gentset

Gentset Member

I agree with ironduke - go for an M-65 field jacket, a classic that can be dressed up or down.

7. Gauss17

Gauss17 Well-Known Member

A leather jacket

8. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

This is exactly what pisses people off. You making a pointless billboard. It's also not very specific in that you mentioned nothing at all about the rest of your wardrobe.

Last edited: May 1, 2013