1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

I just bought a Burberry suit opinion pls

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hermes man, Jun 24, 2015.

1. MikeDT

MikeDT Well-Known Member

OK I seen your two fit pics, the ones from a recent "Friday Challenge"...no black suits or ties.

Think you might have to go a long way to convince me you're as genuine as Hermes Man about this....
    www.sohighfashion.blogspot.com :nodding:
    If anyone hasn't seen it, Hermes Man's blog is awesome.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  2. hermes man

hermes man Well-Known Member

i cant imagine if these man are wrong, how can they lead nations if they cant even get their suits color right?

So perhaps these men doesnt mean business? they dont look like they are going to the red carpet

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. EliodA

EliodA Well-Known Member

4. Petepan

Petepan Well-Known Member

Just buy the black suit already if you like it, sheeesh!

2 people like this.
  5. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Well-Known Member

My apologies, I did not realise that the colour of a man's suit directly correlates with his ability to lead his country.

6. FelixTheFinn

FelixTheFinn Well-Known Member

I think a lot of the suits Obama is wearing in those pictures are actually dark navy.
    "You'll see I wear only gray or blue suits," [Obama] said. "I'm trying to pare down decisions. I don't want to make decisions about what I’m eating or wearing. Because I have too many other decisions to make."

But that's besides the point. Wear what you want, but most people here would recommend against buying the black suit.

Felix

1 person likes this.
  7. MikeDT

MikeDT Well-Known Member

Are we sure that Obama is actually wearing a black suit in these pictures, and not dark navy or dark grey? The bottom two photos especially, there's far too much contrast and saturation, and any detail for dark areas is lost, can't see anything at all, like the lapels, buttons and pockets, it's just a black area.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  8. facet

facet Well-Known Member

On my monitor, the third and second last photos of Obama definitely look like they're just navy suits.

1 person likes this.
  9. MikeDT

MikeDT Well-Known Member

The other Putin pics, Is he wearing black or is it again just crappy pictures and it's actually dark grey? Is a black suit common business attire in Russia, like it is in Japan or Korea.

10. EliodA

EliodA Well-Known Member

That's black. Because Putin = badass.

1 person likes this.
  11. facet

facet Well-Known Member

Hard to tell with the first, it could just be a dark grey. The second looks black on my screen.

12. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Well-Known Member

My first MC post in years in a thread about black suits. Thank you MC for never changing.

1 person likes this.
  13. Versace Guy

Versace Guy Well-Known Member

I have to back up Thrift Vader and ummm....HB here. Back when I was in NY, I rarely see anyone wearing black suits, but now I am in Asia, at least in Hong Kong and China, black suit is the only suit people wear. Reality is different in the east versus the west. In the east, black suit is in fact the first suit one should get. I admit that black suit look much better on Asian guys then on Caucasians due to their naturally high contrast features of dark hair and pale skin. It just looks...great on them, if you get what I meant, whereas a black suit would wash out the features of a person with low contrast.

Also in Asia, people dress in white when attending funeral so a black suit has no connotation with funeral whatsoever.

2 people like this.
  14. jonathanS

jonathanS Well-Known Member

I just want to say... I really enjoyed reading this thread... When you think of those advocated for a black suit as trolls, it all becomes funny. Its only fitting that hermesboy gets "backed up" by "versaceguy." So, to those who advocate looking like an intern at their first internship, I want to tip my hat to you - you've given me something to laugh about.

15. ultramantaro

ultramantaro Well-Known Member

Black suits are pretty much the default in asian countries for mens business attire. Vm is right that its the reverse of the US where if you wear anything white as a dress, jacket, or coat to a wedding you are asking to get your ass kicked. Only person who is now ok to wear white is the bride, as white is the default color for funerals, afaik for chinese or chinese influenced countries.