1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

i have a suit now need shoes. what style?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ok123, Jul 4, 2016.

1. ok123

ok123 New Member

Hi Guys, I have found an awesome summer suit very similar to this here http://monthlymale.com/mens-stylish-summer-suit/ and was wondering if i should wear brogues, loafers or monk shoes with it? Its a nice style suit perfect for my mothers 50th and now i need help deciding on what style of shoe? I was thinking black monks but i have seen some nice john lobb loafers on the same blog that i really like. Please help. Thanks, Joe

2. Andy57

Andy57 Well-Known Member

The items in the picture do not constitute a suit. That's simply a jacket and trousers and quite casual at that. For that, tan or brown Loafers would probably be fine. Double monks are so last week. With an actual suit, oxfords or derbies would look better.

3. Astaroth

Astaroth Well-Known Member

I'm not keen on brogues with a summer outfit and so it'd be down to loafers to dress down the outfit or monk straps to dress it up depending on the formality of the do

4. GBR

GBR Well-Known Member

Never heard of the vendor so no one can say whether the merchandise is best described as crap or otherwise. Given that it is a summer suit, mocs. are as formal as you need be. All the others are far too heavy for summer.