1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. itzkin

itzkin Active Member

Well I'm trying to keep it as clean as possible for the time being despite maybe 1 or 2 stains that are impossible to remove. Just wanted to know some good washing products that I can use while soaking them. What did you use when you washed them?

2. mikecch

mikecch Well-Known Member

I don't know what you have in your local supermarket, but I used Omo Concentrate (I'm Australian) in an industrial grade drum washer, extended rinse cycle, around 70 degrees Celsius hot water.

3. intensanity

intensanity Well-Known Member

I'm in the process of losing some weight. Better worth it to wait a bit for nicer jeans (my current jeans are already too loose), or just get some tighter jeans at first?

What's a good ~$100 recommendation for a go-to pair of jeans?

4. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

For $100, find something for sale here or on ebay. Don't waste your time on finding something at retail.

5. intensanity

For $100, find something for sale here or on ebay. Don't waste your time on finding something at retail.

What if I upped my budget to ~$200 for raw denims? Lots of people are saying APC but then others say Crate. What's the best way to go try?

6. KitAkira

KitAkira Well-Known Member

I'm in the process of losing some weight. Better worth it to wait a bit for nicer jeans (my current jeans are already too loose), or just get some tighter jeans at first? What's a good ~$100 recommendation for a go-to pair of jeans?
    Don't spend anything until you settle on a weight, if you realy need to go out and buy a pair of $30 Levi's. A $30 expense is a hell of a lot cheaper than a $200 mistake.

7. intensanity

Don't spend anything until you settle on a weight, if you realy need to go out and buy a pair of $30 Levi's. A $30 expense is a hell of a lot cheaper than a $200 mistake.

You make a great point. I guess I'll wait till Summer or so to buy the real deal, Ideally by then I'll be in the situation i want to be in

8. slappy

slappy Well-Known Member

Eh I think Gap makes good jeans that fit nicely. I just bought a pair for like 35 bucks on sale. That same day I also bought some N&F Weird Guys that i dig for I think 130 or so.

9. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Well-Known Member

I'm plannin on making a trip up to Context this weekend and was looking for some suggestions on what brands to check out. I'm interested in trying on Nudies and APC just to get my sizing. But they have a ton of other interesting brands and I don't really even know where to start in looking at them and don't want to spend all day trying on jeans. Based on the photos I posted a few pages back, what would you recommend I try out?

10. KitAkira

KitAkira Well-Known Member

If you're going to the store, just go in and talk to the SAs

11. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Well-Known Member

I'm plannin on making a trip up to Context this weekend and was looking for some suggestions on what brands to check out. I'm interested in trying on Nudies and APC just to get my sizing. But they have a ton of other interesting brands and I don't really even know where to start in looking at them and don't want to spend all day trying on jeans. Based on the photos I posted a few pages back, what would you recommend I try out?

Not sure what kind of fit you are looking for, but I would recommend that you check out Momotaro. I think their construction quality is arguably the best of all of the denim brands that Context carries.

12. Mistral

Mistral Well-Known Member

Not sure what kind of fit you are looking for, but I would recommend that you check out Momotaro. I think their construction quality is arguably the best of all of the denim brands that Context carries.

QFT.

13. whatever123

whatever123 Well-Known Member

Rogue Territory= women jeans Left Field= innovative/hideous coin pocket APC= useless/shallow pockets, sizing issues N&F= questionable construction quality
    out of curiosity entrero , what jeans do you have? just the levis? i say this because unless you have all of the above (which i seriously doubt) you dont know shit about them. right? OR...are you simply repeating what others' say?

14. entrero

entrero Well-Known Member

My assertions are pretty much accurate, no? Especially when taken into account your assessment on Roy. Just saying...

15. whatever123

My assertions are pretty much accurate, no? Especially when taken into account your assessment on Roy. Just saying...
    no, there not accurate. do you have each of those jeans? my "assessment" of roy was centered around the price increase. it had nothing to do with the quality. now, i did compare them to jeans in that price range and my argument was if they were worth what they are priced at now why didnt he price them there to begin with. the conclusion was because of the retail presence. make sense? now, do you have each of those jeans you critiqued or are you just full of shit?

16. entrero

entrero Well-Known Member

Hey if sugarcoating the truth makes it easier for you to swallow then so be it son. If you took the time to read the follow up posts instead of personally attacking me, you could have seen I've stand corrected on some remarks. Compared to ya, I'm just half the shit, cuz you're pure diarrhea.

17. whatever123

Hey if sugarcoating the truth makes it easier for you to swallow then so be it son. If you took the time to read the follow up posts instead of personally attacking me, you could have seen I've stand corrected on some remarks. Compared to ya, I'm just half the shit, cuz you're pure diarrhea.
    okay. so you dont have them...good enough.

18. devinmacd33

devinmacd33 Member

19. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

The first pair is. The second pair, though... the fit looks similar but the front rise and the yoke look off for it to be TF.

20. URALLMORONS

URALLMORONS Well-Known Member

Bought a pair of Samurai 0210xj and the waist fits prewash but the legs are just way too wide.

Should I hot soak and restretch waist out and if the legs are still too wide send them to Doctor Denim and have them tapered and hemmed or try to exchange them for another pair of Sams that uses the same JIN fabric?