1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. dave

dave Well-Known Member

what are a good raw jean for the no break/1-2 inch cuff look, on a shorter guy (5'6). (Thinking get smart style here) I guess alot of different jeans could be used for this, but is there a specific leg silhouette that people have found cuff well?

EDIT: I've been itching to buy something nudie. So in an effort to make this info request easier, what nudie cut in raw would be best for the no break look?

I wear my APC NS cuffed to just above the no break point as well. I think they look just fine that way. course i usually wear them with my 1460s so they can afford to cuff up higher. I don't know if I'd cuff them (or anything) as high if I wore chucks a lot.

2. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Well-Known Member

Hey guys. My nudie RRDS have stretched a whole lot. Would soaking them effect the fading process?

3. JOA

JOA Well-Known Member

How much can I expect the '47 LVC to shrink in the inseam if I bought, say, a 34 vs. a 36 inseam?

Thanks.

4. jayce030

jayce030 Well-Known Member

could someone offer some advice on a brand to go with... I'm a true 30, but my top block is a tad bigger but from there my legs tappers down slimmer. I went with a APC NS size 29, but the waistline blew up, but i dont think i would be able to get into a 29. I'm looking for a slim straight not skinny fit. I dont like crazy back pocket stitching either. Any brands to go with as my second pair of raw denim? Thanks in advance

5. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

This is sort of urgent so I'd love an answer ASAP if anybody knows! The Acne Mic: is "Rigid" the same as "Raw"? I know they have "Another Raw", but are these all 3 different?

6. JohnnyLaw

JohnnyLaw Well-Known Member

From what I've seen, the rigid is definitely unwashed, raw denim.

7. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

Well I have a pair I bought from Drizzt which are the "Mic Raw" (as he put it), and they're easily my favourite jean ever in terms of colour. But unfortunately he hemmed them a bit shorter than would be ideal, so I've been looking all over for some NWT ones. Someone linked me to a 50% off offer on revolve for them in "Rigid", and I'm just wondering if it's the same exact thing or a slightly different coloured dark jean. Different estores refer to "rigid", "raw" and "another raw", but none I've seen have more than one of the 3 names above.

8. shortman506

shortman506 Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a pair of jeans that fit similarly to sevens "slouchy" or "standard" fit jeans for less than $130

9. DenimFreak411

DenimFreak411 Well-Known Member

Are APC NS's a tight fit on the thigh area?

I've been looking into jeans, I was wondering though from all your guy's personal experiences... I'd like to take the side with a long inseam, and a look such as a loose-thigh/midhip/knee area...But still have a skinny fit so the jeans can "stack."

Compared to these 2, which one would you think would be a looser fit, according to your personal experiences?
    http://www.contextclothing.com/brand...d_dry_grey.php
    http://www.contextclothing.com/brand...w_standard.php

10. shortman506

shortman506 Well-Known Member

im also looking for a place to try on said jeans in NJ/NYC

11. oneblood

oneblood Well-Known Member

I was just curious is the new Good Society jeans have the same sizing problems as the previous ones. On the sites they're listed at it says "Fits true to size" but that doesn't always mean that. Does anybody know?

12. FiveFiveFive

FiveFiveFive Well-Known Member

I have a pair of bootcut Earnest Sewn jeans that I'm trying to turn into a straight-leg. It's about 16" at the knees, 19.5" in the leg openings. Actually, here's what it looks like. http://www.revolveclothing.com/b/Pro...p?code=ES-MJ40 Anyone have any experience with this bootcut-to-straight leg conversion? The tailor told me he could make the leg opening maybe 16" or 16.5", but the thing I'm unsure about is whether the thigh/butt part of the jean might seem out of proportion, since the "Hemingway" is a pretty loose-fitting jean.

13. Dekayte

Dekayte Well-Known Member

Are APC NS's a tight fit on the thigh area?

I've been looking into jeans, I was wondering though from all your guy's personal experiences... I'd like to take the side with a long inseam, and a look such as a loose-thigh/midhip/knee area...But still have a skinny fit so the jeans can "stack."

Compared to these 2, which one would you think would be a looser fit, according to your personal experiences?
    http://www.contextclothing.com/brand...d_dry_grey.php
    http://www.contextclothing.com/brand...w_standard.php

When I first got my APC NS they weren't ridiculously tight (I sized down two) and they became extremely comfortable once they stretched out from wear. I haven't ever bought academi so I can't give my opinion on them.

14. buttonman

buttonman Well-Known Member

academi's will be a looser fit, since they're a relax cut versus a standard straight leg (with a slight taper). the thing with academis is that you're not going to get too much stacking since it's only about a 33.5 inseam (unless your 4'10"). denim's pretty nice for 80 but i would watch out for the hardware, they're not meant for you to size down 5

15. DenimFreak411

academi's will be a looser fit, since they're a relax cut versus a standard straight leg (with a slight taper). the thing with academis is that you're not going to get too much stacking since it's only about a 33.5 inseam (unless your 4'10"). denim's pretty nice for 80 but i would watch out for the hardware, they're not meant for you to size down 5

Do you recommend the Academi's then? Because I wouldn't want anywhere close to a tight thigh fit, unless they are like my LEVI's 514s.. which is a slim and straight fit.. I like those, but they don't stack much...

The ACP NS's are about a 35' inseam.. I can handle 2 inches, I guess.. I'm 5'8 by the way..

16. buttonman

buttonman Well-Known Member

i would recommend them if you're not going to do anything super intense like kickboxing in your jeans and you're on a budget. i got the first batch with the whole weird sizing issue but fit wise is alright. if you don't size down, you'll have some breathing room for your thighs (thus the relax cut). you'll definitely not get a painted look.

i dunno if this is the case for the updated fit but the waist is pretty tight in comparison to the rest of the fit. word of advice: don't try to stretch the jeans as fast as possible. i popped two rivets and broke the clasp doing so right when i got them (Thank God for super glue? LOL). just live in your jeans and not rush the process.

oh yeah, i'm 5'9" and i dont' really have much stacking. i'll post fit pics soon when i'm done with finals

17. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

Well I have a pair I bought from Drizzt which are the "Mic Raw" (as he put it), and they're easily my favourite jean ever in terms of colour. But unfortunately he hemmed them a bit shorter than would be ideal, so I've been looking all over for some NWT ones. Someone linked me to a 50% off offer on revolve for them in "Rigid", and I'm just wondering if it's the same exact thing or a slightly different coloured dark jean. Different estores refer to "rigid", "raw" and "another raw", but none I've seen have more than one of the 3 names above.
    Nothing?

I guess I'll pull the trigger and find out when they get here.

18. Sigmatic

Sigmatic Well-Known Member

^ i believe they're raw. i ordered some yesterday and i can let you know on friday afternoon for sure though.

dont forget to use the code "summerloving" for an extra 30% off sale items

19. DenimFreak411

i would recommend them if you're not going to do anything super intense like kickboxing in your jeans and you're on a budget. i got the first batch with the whole weird sizing issue but fit wise is alright. if you don't size down, you'll have some breathing room for your thighs (thus the relax cut). you'll definitely not get a painted look.

i dunno if this is the case for the updated fit but the waist is pretty tight in comparison to the rest of the fit. word of advice: don't try to stretch the jeans as fast as possible. i popped two rivets and broke the clasp doing so right when i got them (Thank God for super glue? LOL). just live in your jeans and not rush the process.

oh yeah, i'm 5'9" and i dont' really have much stacking. i'll post fit pics soon when i'm done with finals

Great, that would be highly appreciated.

20. canvas01

canvas01 Well-Known Member

Anyone know where to get Rag & Bone RB6? I've check all the affiliates and stores in the online store thread, but no one stocks it.