1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. connor

connor Well-Known Member

no but they will shrink more and lose more indigo

2. nohomo

nohomo Well-Known Member

Any recommendations for jeans that sit low on the waist (not completely below, near my ass crack), slim legs, but don't bunch up on my dick? My current jeans are 514s, which I had to get a 34 waist b/c a 33 was pressing up on my crotch too much. My actual waist using a tape measure is between a 32-33.

3. van_hammersly

van_hammersly Well-Known Member

^ If you're looking for low-rise jeans with a tapered leg, you have a lot of options. Practically every denim brand talked about on this forum makes one. If you want a low-rise straight fit, that's harder to come by. Take a look at the Somet 003s.

4. nohomo

nohomo Well-Known Member

Sorry, should've been more specific about what I'm looking for and my experiences.

It's not just a low rise jean with a tapered/slim leg. It's that every pair I've tried hug my crotch and anal hole too tight. So I guess a larger seat is what I'm looking for? Not sure what the term would be.

I've tried apc ns and nudie slim jims at barneys and had the same problem with my true waist size. I'm ok with having to size up in Levis or Gap or something like that, but if I'm spending >100, it better damn fit well at my size without discomfort.

I'd like to suggestions for stuff that I can find and try in a store, and under $200 preferably, or at least can be acquired somewhere online for under 200 after I try it on.

5. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Well-Known Member

any slim leg jean is going to be tight in the top block... By your description it sounds like you want a relaxed top block with narrow legs.... that doesn't happen.

also with the jeans you tried on they are raw... thus. they are going to be uncomfortable at first. Especially becasue the jeasn you have tried on will stretch a lot.

6. aeglus

aeglus Well-Known Member

KMW Rockers have a pretty forgiving top block considering how slim they are. Rise might not exactly be what you want but they're comfortable., which seems to be more what you're looking for.

7. altemp

altemp Well-Known Member

My first post after skimming the site for a little while!

I'm wondering what people think about giving raw jeans a wash (not just soak) before wearing them to get rid of some indigo. I like the fits of some Naked & Famous and APCs I've tried on but I don't really want the indigo coming off excessively on my clothes (or my girlfriend's who wears a lot of white). I don't care that much about not having intense fading since I'll be getting either of these brands for the fit and not the fact that they're raw.

8. connor

connor Well-Known Member

then go ahead, but the fit is going to change with a wash

9. DECEMBER

DECEMBER Well-Known Member

You should do a soak..

Depending on how you wash, you could end up with unwanted creases or patches of lighter areas.
    Besides, you need more than one wash until the pants stop losing indigo completely.

I haven't had a problem with my jeans losing indigo. It only comes off if you rub against it or if it's wet. It's least likely to come off on your shirt but probably will come all over your girlfriend

well that leads me to the question:

is there even a need to ever wash your jeans? Just soak them for a few mins / hand wash

10. connor

connor Well-Known Member

youll probably only end up with weird creases and spots if you machine dry

11. altemp

altemp Well-Known Member

Alright I can already see that raw may not be for me. I wasn't planning on machine drying since I prefer to hang stuff to dry anyway but the big thing is I don't want to ruin any furniture or clothing with dye.

Can you guys recommend some jeans that aren't raw but have the fit of APC NS or N&F weird guy?

12. DECEMBER

lol.. definitely stay away from white furniture. Doesnt APC have some washed denim? I remember seeing some in their store on Melrose. Crate has some washed denim as well. Though I forget if it retails that way. They have this pile of jeans where they washed the crap out of. Oh.. try Julian Red http://store.julianred.com/category/men-jeans Do one-wash / rinsed denim still bleed? I've never owned any nor do I know how exactly they wash the jeans

13. shaftoe

shaftoe Well-Known Member

any slim leg jean is going to be tight in the top block... By your description it sounds like you want a relaxed top block with narrow legs.... that doesn't happen.

I think the Ande Whall Slacker would fit this bill.

14. DECEMBER

Does "Nobody" make selvage / dry denim?
    cus these jeans are like super fuckin cool:

[​IMG]

15. connor

connor Well-Known Member

Alright I can already see that raw may not be for me. I wasn't planning on machine drying since I prefer to hang stuff to dry anyway but the big thing is I don't want to ruin any furniture or clothing with dye.

Can you guys recommend some jeans that aren't raw but have the fit of APC NS or N&F weird guy?

try on some Nudie Slim Jims, see if you like the fit

16. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

Do one-wash / rinsed denim still bleed? I've never owned any nor do I know how exactly they wash the jeans

Your recent questions lead me to believe that you are a troll, however, for those lurking this thread with the same question I'll play.

One-wash=unsanforized/sanforized denim that has been soaked/rinsed in water or another liquid. For unsanforized, it's to shrink them down to their tagged size; for sanforized, it can be to eliminate excess indigo, "minimize" future shrinkage, to give the denim a "crumpled" effect, or any combination of that.

17. DECEMBER

Your recent questions lead me to believe that you are a troll, however, for those lurking this thread with the same question I'll play. One-wash=unsanforized/sanforized denim that has been soaked/rinsed in water or another liquid. For unsanforized, it's to shrink them down to their tagged size; for sanforized, it can be to eliminate excess indigo, "minimize" future shrinkage, to give the denim a "crumpled" effect, or any combination of that.
    Get off your high horse. I'm already posting my questions in the correct threads and you still have the nerve to complain? If you don't want to answer then don't answer. You completely misunderstood my question and proceed to tell me what a one-wash is. I know what the purpose of a one wash is. I was only curious as to if there was a standardized process (dip them in water or throw in washer, etc) and just how much indigo bleeding it eliminates, since the other guy was asking whether or not he should wash his jeans to eliminate bleeding. Your recent posts lead me to believe you're just a postwhore, but I'll play.

18. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Well-Known Member

didnt think of those cuts

19. nohomo

nohomo Well-Known Member

Where do they sell them?

20. Sigmatic

Sigmatic Well-Known Member