1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Aparke612

Aparke612 Well-Known Member

I want to buy my first pair of raw jeans...
    I've seen pictures of Diors and love how they wear in, but I think they may be a bit too expensive, where should I start?

2. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Well-Known Member

get a cheap pair of levis or lee or something like that for raw jeans.

3. Big Pun

Big Pun Well-Known Member

Levi's 511 might be a good option.

4. pridecake

pridecake Well-Known Member

i would say apc new cures. Similar fit to diors but a lot cheaper and a good entry level raw jean

5. Caveat

Caveat Well-Known Member

Is the fit and stacking okay on these?

[​IMG]

6. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

It's slimmer I believe.

Still, I'd recommend sizing down a size or two to account for the repulsive stretching.

Does it really stretch a lot? If I wear a 30x30 on 511's, since it is slimmer, a 30 waist should suffice, even after the stretching right?

I am also breaking in my H&M Sliqs, I like the overall fit and look and I do not mind it stretching a bit but will stretch drastically that it would change the look of the jeans? Also, do you guys think I should get it hemmed or is it ok the way it is? I do not mind cuffing the pants at all but is it still too long after the cuff?
    [​IMG]

7. Aparke612

yeah the apcs look better, and thats a good pricerange for me, but the new cures look a little too slim for my tastes

8. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Well-Known Member

yeah the apcs look better, and thats a good pricerange for me, but the new cures look a little too slim for my tastes

The Dior (atleast the 19 and 17.5 cm look) is skinny, APC New Cures are very skinny if thats not for you I think you will find a nice middle ground with the APC PS.

9. shaftoe

shaftoe Well-Known Member

Does it really stretch a lot? If I wear a 30x30 on 511's, since it is slimmer, a 30 waist should suffice, even after the stretching right?

I am also breaking in my H&M Sliqs, I like the overall fit and look and I do not mind it stretching a bit but will stretch drastically that it would change the look of the jeans? Also, do you guys think I should get it hemmed or is it ok the way it is? I do not mind cuffing the pants at all but is it still too long after the cuff?

Those look good.

10. connor

connor Well-Known Member

Is the fit and stacking okay on these?

[​IMG]

fit is good, stacks need to settle, i'd cuff personally

11. Caveat

Caveat Well-Known Member

Better? Thicker or thinner cuff (I rolled it over twice)? Should I stack after they settle a bit, or just stick with the cuff for this pair since they aren't stacking great?

[​IMG]

12. stylesmurf

stylesmurf Well-Known Member

To me, the cuff looks much cleaner than the stacking.

13. Lachy

Lachy Well-Known Member

Stacks are often a little awkward at first, especially on jeans that aren't really tight around the calf, they tend to billow a little. But they will settle after some wear. If you want the stacks look, just bear with the settling in period. Otherwise, cuff or hem.

14. Aparke612

Ok, yeah i will give the PS a try, i like the fit of the guys jeans on the last page under my last post.
    where can I try a pair of these?

15. Chango

Chango Active Member

Hello, what are some jeans with a large top block like, KMW 2010, 5EP SDZ, and Levis 1947?

16. connor

connor Well-Known Member

Stacks are often a little awkward at first, especially on jeans that aren't really tight around the calf, they tend to billow a little. But they will settle after some wear. If you want the stacks look, just bear with the settling in period. Otherwise, cuff or hem.

indeed. personally, i like to cuff. i can't deal with the settling period. bugs the shit out of me when my jeans dont sit well

17. SimonM

SimonM Active Member

I just bought these, good buy or overpay?

18. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Well-Known Member

19. stylesmurf

stylesmurf Well-Known Member

Do you guys wait until the first wash to hem?
    I personally prefer hemming all my jeans but worry about the shrinkage that happens after a few washes and every jean shrinks a little differently (even if sanforized)

20. Lachy

Lachy Well-Known Member

They're jeans, so the break doesn't have to be perfect, but err on the long side. If you hem them, hem them a half inch longer than you want them to end up.