1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. smiley

smiley Member

i js spilled soup on my apc's that i hot-soaked 2 weeks ago after 6 months of good wear.

what's the best course of action? ( i want to wash em, i just dont know how haha...)

2. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

thanks brian for answering, i was afraid my post would get lost in this big thread !

i'll hold off from washing, but i think i need to get them hemmed. if they're one-wash, would that mean they've shrunk in length already? THANKS teach[​IMG]

My R&Bs did not shrink at all in the wash, but I wash my jeans very gently, in cold water. You'd be safe to hem them, but I'd leave them a quarter inch too long, just in case - in fact, sometimes just the creasing in the lap and behind the knee can give the illusion of a shorter inseam as it in effect "pulls" the fabric up a bit.

3. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

i js spilled soup on my apc's that i hot-soaked 2 weeks ago after 6 months of good wear.

what's the best course of action? ( i want to wash em, i just dont know how haha...)

Throw em in a bucket of cold water, put some mild detergent in, swish it around to agitate it now and again, and then hang dry em.

You want it to be just enough to get out the stain but not enough to agitate the indigo.

4. threeonethree

threeonethree Well-Known Member

i dont have enought budget to buy these because i also have to buy new shoes and shirts etc.. can you recommend some slim straight legs from brands like levis? and what kind of shoes and tshirts/shirts go well these jeans?

5. bure

bure Well-Known Member

My R&Bs did not shrink at all in the wash, but I wash my jeans very gently, in cold water. You'd be safe to hem them, but I'd leave them a quarter inch too long, just in case - in fact, sometimes just the creasing in the lap and behind the knee can give the illusion of a shorter inseam as it in effect "pulls" the fabric up a bit.

thanks for the tip.
    do you machine wash or hand wash?
    should i "soak" these before the first wash? what does that do? preserve color?

!

6. BYucko

BYucko Well-Known Member

i dont have enought budget to buy these because i also have to buy new shoes and shirts etc.. can you recommend some slim straight legs from brands like levis? and what kind of shoes and tshirts/shirts go well these jeans?

From Levi's, I think your best bet is a sized-down pair of 501 Raw Selvedge Shrink-to-Fit.

As for shoes and T-shirts, wear what you think fits and looks nice. I don't think we on this forum should create uniforms. Just use some insipiration, go for a look you think looks nice, and post on the WAYWT and see what others think! There have been people wearing very tight pieces to very loose and unstructured items with positive comments.

Shoes can go from sneakers, to leather shoes, to even boots.. so any shoes
    T-shirts can go from graphic tees, plain tees....anything. So get creative and get posting!

7. threeonethree

threeonethree Well-Known Member

thanks a lot .. i will check out a levis store nearby to see if they are available.. well i live in a shitty third world country so there arent so many brands here. even if there are then i cant afford them! i have around 50-60$ for a pair of jeans max! .. there are othe brands like spykar jeans here which sell good jeans.i'll keep an eye on slim straight legs .

-----------------------EDIT-------------------

after college i tried to check out some brands like "black" , wrangler, flying machine, newport , xcalibur.. they were trying to sell me " straight fit" jeans instead of "slim straight fit" .they also had narrow bottom jeans... prices were around 20$ to 40$ .. i didnt buy any.. then i went to a mall and checked out jeans by the famous brand " cheap jeans for losers co" .. but i didnt like any ..

now i will be heading out for a bigger market.. i will try to see brands like spykar , apc etc if i can find them .. and levis too ..

8. onion

onion Well-Known Member

Opinions on the fit of these?

These are 5EP Low down boot sized down 1 (31x32)
    [​IMG]

I took the tags off already so it doesn't really matter I suppose, but still would like some input. They are pretty stiff right now, which I think you can sort of tell by in the photos. I think they look and fit pretty good if not great. The only thing I don't like is the actual boot cut, as it just doesn't flow right. I'm almost positive this will be completely non-issue after breaking them in though.

I think I'm going to hem them 1"-1.5" once I find a place in town that can chain stitch, as my regular inseam is a 30 and these are 32.5". I may not though... I'm just not sure how a little stacking will look in a boot cut.

9. PG2G

PG2G Well-Known Member

Those are only 31? They make you look fairly big, IMO. Could just be the picture though.

10. onion

onion Well-Known Member

Those are only 31? They make you look fairly big, IMO. Could just be the picture though.

I think it's just the photo. I don't like to rinse my jeans when they are new, so it's sort of hard to get a good photo of them being so stiff.

11. PG2G

PG2G Well-Known Member

off topic, but that's a hickey shirt right?

12. onion

onion Well-Known Member

off topic, but that's a hickey shirt right?

Yup. [​IMG]

13. verzachee

verzachee Member

Hey, I'm new on this board and I have a couple of questions to ask. I'm not really a fashion guy and I'm new with the whole thing, never really got into clothes until now.

Are semi-tight jeans better than baggy (not too baggy) ones in terms of looking good and attracting the ladies? I prefer the semi-tight (not too tight) and I'm sure most girls do, I want your opinions though.

What type of shoes usually go with semi-tight jeans?

14. Serg

Serg Well-Known Member

Updated flat head shots after they have loosened up a bit. Fading is just slightly breaking through.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Oxnard

Oxnard Well-Known Member

Hey, so today I got the grey nom-de-guerre classic grey ss08 jeans that I was asking about before (got them from peasant, which has good pics up on their site) so I got them in a 34 thinking the classic fit would be pretty relaxed. First of all let me say that wow, havn't had a pair of jeans with this high of a rise in a long time. I knew they were notorious for this rise beforehand, but havn't experienced it at all. Point being is that, as I am now wearing them straight out of the box, it is a lot more snug in the waist that I was hoping for, in particular at the top button. So I am curious as to if they will stretch out some in the waist as what, and speaking of I am surprised as to how stiff they were coming out of the box, I dunno if they are really sanforized or what. Someone mentioned previously that I should wash them first, and that afterwards they will stretch decently. I am guessing that I should go ahead and wash them now, as they aren't raw or anything so it shouldn't matter. Basically I am just wondering if anyone has any experience with them shrinking, expanding , etc., or if there is anything that I should do in order to help them stretch up. Would be much obliged for any advice.

16. Serg

Serg Well-Known Member

They will stretch. Mine did. wear them while sitting down. push them down your waist and feel the pain and you sit. That will stretch em.

17. djs488

djs488 Well-Known Member

yea, i tried them on at the ndg store a couple weekends ago, almost sure that i was gonna buy them, and then passed because of the unusually high rise. i feel like even if you want anti-fit you've gotta have them at your belly button. good to here they stretch though because there is a small chance i might get them in 32, which was tight.

18. TyCooN

TyCooN Well-Known Member

I'm interested in recommendations for a new pair of jeans. I currently have the ESEF Oris (slim) and Grey Selvage Academis (relaxed). Looking for a straight fit or something with a slight bootcut will do too.

19. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Well-Known Member

Whats the average lifespan of a good pair of jeans?

20. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

Really depends on what you do in them...