1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Solix

Solix New Member

Depends on the waist size, I have sz 32 NS and their inseam is a 36.

Pics or they don't exist.

2. aqhong

aqhong Well-Known Member

Sizes 25-30 have the shorter inseam (~34") while 31-36 have the longer (~36").

3. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

Sorta looking for a summer friendly jean, you know roll them up a tad and throw on some boat shoes. I wear only APCs now and they can get a bit heavy for Floridas crazy heat/humidity. Some grey NDG jeans were on my mind but I also want an Indigo denim. I'd prefer selvage cotton but I understand thats heavy.
    need moar suggestions edit: Whodini suggestion of Jean Shop Selvage Chambray jeans was unexpected but after thinking about it holy shit these would be PERFECT. I'm sure they roll perfectly to match with boat shoes and a simple AA shirt, maybe organic color. There is no way I can pay $300 dollars though, maybe they will hit the sale bin soon.

4. whacked

whacked Well-Known Member

^ Crate Route use 11oz selvedge denim, and come out to less than half that after affiliate discount.

Many Rag & Bone jeans use summerweight denim as well.

5. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

You're right, those do look nice. The EG 8oz Who also suggested looks REALLY comfortable, are they selvage? Well I just went from having no options to having a few.

6. gusd671

gusd671 Well-Known Member

i was thinking of making my next purchase a pair of jean shop skinnys, but im unsure about the sizing. i've read that they run about 2 sizes larger, but then read of guys sizing down 4. i usually wear a 29" waist, so i'm thinking a 27"/26" would be alright? anyone know if it's more straight legged than tapered? oh, and i usually go for jeans that fit closest to slim jims.

7. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

8. joel_954

joel_954 Well-Known Member

Other than Evisus what brands, or models, still come with a crotch rivet?

Some Earnest Sewn jeans have a crotch rivet.

9. aerether

aerether Well-Known Member

Some Earnest Sewn jeans have a crotch rivet.

So does the Dry Bones DP-580.

10. Crakaveli

Crakaveli Well-Known Member

anybody else find themselves inbetween sizes in RRL?

11. Cooldude

Cooldude New Member

Hi, I'm new here and not even sure really where to post. Anyways, I was wondering if any of you could tell me what kind of jeans these are? And if they are slim fit or what? I really like they the way they fit. Any help will be appreciated! Thanks!

Front Of The Jeans:

[​IMG]

Back Of The Jeans:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. whodini

anybody else find themselves inbetween sizes in RRL?
    I'm not sure I follow. There are quite a few different RRL cuts that come in all sizes and do stretch.

13. rjakapeanut

rjakapeanut Well-Known Member

ITT:

best way for me to wash my apc new standards. no woolite.

go.

14. whodini

ITT: best way for me to wash my apc new standards. no woolite. go.
    I'm sure you can search but soap and water tend to do the trick.

15. rjakapeanut

every1s advice was pretty vague but i ended up doing it on cold with a little detergent.

worked out great. i didnt have sick fades before, ive only been wearing for 5 months so i have light fading coming in with the wallet pocket, knees, crotch area and honeycombs and other areas near the honeycombs are really faded.

i washed early so i that i can was them liek 4 times and have a different pair of jeans every time.

pics tomorrow.

16. whodini

I wouldn't worry so much about taking pictures of 5-month APCs as I would spelling words such as, "every1s."

17. Zenaku

Zenaku Member

Should I size down in the PBJ XX-005s or should I just play it safe and get a size 29? I was just going to go by the size-down 2 rule and get sz 27s. I took at 27 in my first pair of NS's and while they were tight at first they have stretched out quite nicely. I don't really have a tape measure at hand so I can't identify my true waist [​IMG]

18. rjakapeanut

I wouldn't worry so much about taking pictures of 5-month APCs as I would spelling words such as, "every1s."

if you're going to come at my english/writing prowess you're barking up the wrong tree big guy.

<----- scored better than you on any english/writing exam ever and has been published several times. also english major.

however, i completely understand that you have a reputation to uphold here on styleforum.

i respect the effort.

PS: i will keep track of the pics btw because i want to create something similar to this:

[​IMG]

credit xcoalesce of sufu on his APCs. washed once a month for the first four months he had them. so he says. seems almost unbelievable unless he runs up and down hills all day.

19. matsuya

matsuya Well-Known Member

I just got my first APC NS in 28. My measured waist is 30. Let me know what you think.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. whodini

if you're going to come at my english/writing prowess you're barking up the wrong tree big guy. <----- scored better than you on any english/writing exam ever and has been published several times. also english major.
    LOL @ ur acomplishmints like dis wuz an e-pissing contest. <----- sez U needz a digree to wear jawnz.