1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

I don't feel this suit fits well, do you agree?

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by xilex, Apr 9, 2016.

1. xilex

xilex New Member

Hi everyone. First time poster here. I am not well-versed when it comes to picking out a good fitting suit.

This suit is from Indochino. From what reviews I have read, they seemed like a good place to start. Upon further reading, after I got the suit, however, it sounds like they are detested. But anyway --- I'm a slim build, I went to the shop to get measured, and this is the result. I asked a few friends who agreed that the waist was too small, and the suit appears too tight. I'm not sure if this is what a modern-fit suit should feel like, but it's not comfortable. From what I can tell, I feel the pants are too tight both at the waist, and the crotch line is too high. The jacket feels very snug/tight, I feel I don't have a lot of range of motion before the suit restricts me. When I pocket my hands or a similar motion, the lapel area just pops out (which I tried to show in the photos).

What do you guys think? Is it worth it to try to remake, or should I return, try Nordstroms or something similar? Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Well-Known Member

Sorry @xilex , but that is terrible. That is not what any suit should look like. I would definitely return it and go try on some off the rack suits at nearby stores. That suit needs so much work that I wouldn't even attempt a remake. I guarantee you will find something that fits much better. You can always post pictures here for feedback. Focus on the neck and shoulders. See how the jacket collar is miles away from your shirt collar? Well, it should be snug up against it. The shoulders should also fall cleanly without any divot at the sleeve head are wrinkling in the upper arm. The chest, waist, and sleeves can be easily altered but if a jacket doesn't fit in the neck and shoulders, walk away....tailoring those areas is difficult and expensive (if you can even find a capable tailor). Best of luck.

3. IChen

IChen Well-Known Member

Like murl said its a very bad fit. The jacket collar and sleeves immediately make me feel uncomfortable and I would definitely return the suit. It doesn't look too too tight in the waist section but the whole upper body is just bad, like terrible immediately run from it bad. Also don't take pictures of your hands in pants pocket.

1 person likes this.
  4. usctrojans31

usctrojans31 Well-Known Member

This is a trainwreck. Get your money back and consider finding the person who measured you and kicking him in the nuts for good measure.

5. IChen

IChen Well-Known Member

well I don't know about a kick in the nuts but definitely call him a bastard and storm out of the store like a King.

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Unfortunately. I have to agree with this. I am not against a fitted suit, but this is too small by at least a full size and the proportions look off as well. I would demand a remake.

Indochino can be good, buti it really depends on the skill (or lack thereof) of the fitter. I really do suggest that full time suit buyers go the RTW route fo the most part, unless there is, for example, try on suits available.

7. IChen

IChen Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you meant first time, but I agree that "beginner" suit buyers should go RTW. There's just so much that can go wrong with MTM. First get a refund. Then scope out if you want to try MTM again but I feel like, unless they're doing like more than 1 fitting, like 2....it just doesn't seem like a good idea to go MTM. Measurements can go wrong, makers of the suit generally not the one measuring. Measuring guy can be new, won't take measurements of small details and write them down.

It's like an adventure and unless they're willing to go 150% all the way with details and how well they're fitting you, MTM can be a big disaster.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  8. chobochobo

chobochobo Well-Known Member

9. SimonC

SimonC Well-Known Member

Well I LOLed, does that count?

10. Shirtmaven

Shirtmaven Well-Known Member

the suit is awful.
    so awful that i could not even give suggestions on how to make it fit.

next time please wear shoes when you post photos