• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I can't stop sweating

prezents

Reaction score
A doctor can write you a prescription if it's really bad. Are you eating a lot of garlic? This tends to make me sweat more. I use the secret platinum and it works better than mitchim for me.

schizophoniks

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lance konami
Some of you guys might want to experiment with increasing your water intake. I know it sounds counter-intuitive and you probably think it will make you sweat more, but you might be surprised at the results. Try drinking a cup of water every hour for a few days straight. Watch what happens. Your body temperature will be more regulated, you'll feel more calm and relaxed, and you might notice other seemingly unrelated symptoms disappearing as well, such as headaches. You'll probably even shed a few extra pounds. It sounds deceptively simple, but try it.

I discovered this accidentally. I've had trouble with cold/sweaty hands for a long time and since consuming a lot more water I noticed I wasn't having the problems as much. I didn't realize that your water intake actually regulates your body temperature, improves circulation, and does a whole lot of other stuff until I started reading up on it. I also noticed a drastic difference when I cut out coffee and substituted it with green tea. It could also be related to me increasing fresh, raw, leafy green vegetables in my diet as well.

It seems to me that excessive sweating is directly related to anxiety, low water intake, high amounts of caffeine, and poor diet. Fix these things first before trying to stop your body's natural cooling functions by trying to "plug" up your pores with all kinds of chemicals. You're only treating the symptom. Try to find the cause, and for everyone it might be different. But I do think that anxiety is the biggest one. If you don't exercise, start. Try yoga. Change your diet. Eliminate all the garbage you put in your body. Try everything you can naturally before resorting to putting poison like botox in your body or chopping up your sympathetic nerves in surgery.

Sweating increases in the presence of stress and anxiety, but different people have different metabolisms and different bodies.

There are those that sweat in a normal way, and when they get nervous, of course, sweat more and you can notice it. But then you can also find those that even before getting nervous already are quite sweaty because they naturally sweat a lot.

Nevertheless, all of the facts above are really important but I do consider that anxiety is not the biggest one, your own body's way of functioning should go first. Some might just have better luck than others.

It is true that finding a natural solution can be the best, but don't you think that accommodating your whole life so that you can relief the problem is more complicated than just solve it by some injections a couple of times a year? In both cases you become prisoner of the "disease", but it is up to everybody to chose what they consider is best for them.

But yeah, having a healthy lifestyle would solve and relief many problems and even give you some extra years of quality life.

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by schizophoniks
Sweating increases in the presence of stress and anxiety, but different people have different metabolisms and different bodies.
Yes, true.
There are those that sweat in a normal way, and when they get nervous, of course, sweat more and you can notice it. But then you can also find those that even before getting nervous already are quite sweaty because they naturally sweat a lot. Nevertheless, all of the facts above are really important but I do consider that anxiety is not the biggest one, your own body's way of functioning should go first. Some might just have better luck than others. It is true that finding a natural solution can be the best, but don't you think that accommodating your whole life so that you can relief the problem is more complicated than just solve it by some injections a couple of times a year? In both cases you become prisoner of the "disease", but it is up to everybody to chose what they consider is best for them.
Well sure, tackling the underlying cause is going to be a little more work, but from my point of view it's worth it, and also less expensive. I'm very cautious of botox. That **** should probably be illegal.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by schizophoniks
Try Botox, It stops sweating by a 100%. It lasts between 3 and 6 months but it gives you total freedom.

I'm sure the needle going into your armpit is going to hurt like ****.

stevesteve12

Reaction score
this prob might go away by itself after a while. in the meanwhile try something like "hydrosal" or however you spell it.

JustinSaviour

Reaction score
If you're sweating when you're just sitting around watching TV (i.e. not exerting yourself in any way), you likely have hyperhidrosis. As others have already said, I can't recommend DrySol more highly. It's prescription-only here in the U.S., but it's simple, cheap and effective.

I used to have major underarm sweating issues and this stuff stopped it dead in its tracks. It can also be used for any other area of the body - hands, feet, groin, etc. You apply it at night, cover up the affected area with a shirt/sock/etc. and shower it off in the morning.

For the first 2 weeks, I applied it twice a week. Now I only have to apply it once every 4-6 weeks. Works like a charm...

sybaritical

Reaction score
For some reason I always understood that excess sweating, especially at night, was the product of unbalanced (excessive) blood sugar.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I didn't read everyone's posts, so forgive me if I'm repeating:

First, Use CertainDry, the strongest over-the-counter antiperspirant. Follow the directions, they're different from most.

Next, go to a Dermatologist and get a Rx-strength antiperspirant, like DrySol.

If all else fails, you can investigate the use of botox injections into the nerves that stimulate this particular sweating - I have heard that this can work wonders.

jameshayden

Reaction score
Well there is a lot of logical explanations for that fact, the most simple, is that if your body has increased body fat that will contribute mainly to sweating that´s the most easy explanation.
But there are other things that may cause sweating and that is due to our genetics and psychology, sometimes sweating is something that your body produces without any metaphysic reason and it doesn't´t have to do with nothing in specific, but it can happen other times due to how we deal with life and how we are as persons if you are more apprehensive, nervous and uncomfortable your brain produces more sweating.
Otherwise you are suffering from hyperhydrosis for that you can consult a doctor......................!

Excessive Sweating
Stopping Excess Sweating

Good Luck & Take Care

pjw123

Reaction score
---

BryanHarig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
Listen to this one, its the only one that helped me, and it was as easy as switching to a different KIND Of deoderant... addidas makes an anti perspirant deoderant that doesnt use aluminum, it is a new type of deoderant, and it works immpeccibly, it will change your life.
300.jpg
Just try it, it will really help you... I suggest this to everyone who hasn't tried it, and has a sweating problem I find them in my local CVS.

Id like to try this but I absolutely cant find it anywhere, online or off. Has it disappeared since your post? If anyone has the google-fu to find some for sale I would be most grateful!

BryanHarig

Reaction score
All the ones I see on ebay are marked 'womens'. Is it fragranced such that a man should avoid it?

Is there a current product that has replaced it? If not, why was it available for such a short time?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads